Thread: Our Love For Elvis

Our Love For Elvis

Sometimes I ask myself what made us become fans? What made us love him so much? What is that about him that brings people together like this...discussing about his life and career?
    Have you ever asked yourselves how your days would be without at least a little Elvis in it ?
    The first time I saw this wonderful man on TV...I will always cherish that day, the day when my life changed...the day when I first heard his wonderful voice, saw his wonderful and kind face...The day that I will never forget.
    I knew there was something special about him, those blue eyes and that smile... they were telling a story...smiling at me
    Something touched me, still don't know what...maybe his voice, looks, behavior.
    From that moment I knew I am hooked.. not only in his music, but his life in general and Elvis the man - the human being, like all the rest of us.
    I hope he had a good life, with many joyful moments..I hope he had fun and enjoyed what he did...I hope he was happy, because he deserved it.
    He was loved, but he never really realized it...I wish he could see us now..here, the loving atmosphere (forget the fights)..doing the best we can to keep his memory alive. I wish he could see how many fans he has now..how much he is loved and respected, 30 years later.
    He was searching for something, but I don't think he ever found it...maybe true love ? - We will never know. Sure something went wrong in the late 70s..maybe he felt empty and betrayed , he thought that he hasn't done anything...boy, he was so wrong.
    Wish I could have been there and hold his hand, he needed a BIIIIIIG bear hug

I wanted to say thank you to the administrators, moderators and DJs on this site...THE No.1 Elvis site and community!

Hugs,

Marija

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by marijaep View Post
    Sometimes I ask myself what made us become fans? What made us love him so much? What is that about him that brings people together like this...discussing about his life and career?
    Have you ever asked yourselves how your days would be without at least a little Elvis in it ?
    The first time I saw this wonderful man on TV...I will always cherish that day, the day when my life changed...the day when I first heard his wonderful voice, saw his wonderful and kind face...The day that I will never forget.
    I knew there was something special about him, those blue eyes and that smile... they were telling a story...smiling at me
    From that moment I knew I am hooked.. not only in his music, but his life in general and Elvis the man - the human being, like all the rest of us.
    I hope he had a good life, with many joyful moments..I hope he had fun and enjoyed what he did...I hope he was happy, because he deserved it.
    He was loved, but he never really realized it...I wish he could see us now..here, the loving atmosphere (forget the fights)..doing the best we can to keep his memory alive. I wish he could see how many fans he has now..how much he is loved and respected, 30 years later.
    He was searching for something, but I don't think he ever found it...maybe true love ? - We will never know. Sure something went wrong in the late 70s..maybe he felt empty and betrayed , he thought that he hasn't done anything...boy, he was so wrong.

I wanted to say thank you to the administrators, moderators and DJs on this site...THE No.1 Elvis site and community!

Hugs,

Marija
    There is just something about the man. How special it must've been for those that knew and loved him. I think he had a heart of gold and truly cared for his fans. I will always admire him, regardless of nay-sayers. Bless his heart.

Hugs,

Marija

Marija, that is sooo nice. I too would love to give him a bigg hug and tell him how much he was loved, and i don't think he ever saw it. Ann Margeret once said "after he died, people wrote about how great he was, that he started this/that, but when he was alive...why didn't they?" And you know, maybe it could have saved his life. Elvis was a sick man at the end.

But no matter what he still had that sparkle in his eye, and that's, i guess, will always stick with us. The fact that he never gave up, not for anyone.

Danielle x

Hugs,

Marija
    Marija, I just can say EXCELLENT and WONDERFUL speech.

I feel similar like you and... YES, this site is THE No.1 Elvis site !
    "Don't criticize what you don't understand, son, you never walked in that man's shoes."

I love his voice above all else....his moves....his laughter.....and of course....his sexy body! lol.....he is just the greatest entertainer ever....nobody even comes close.....the day Elvis died....a bright light went off in our hearts forever....but hopefully by remaining true, faithful fans, we can atleast keep his spirit and his music alive......

R.I.P. my friend.....we love you.

Loving elvis
    Whats not to love about elvis presley, he was tuly beauiful man inside and out.

I agree with you 100 percent marija.
    elvislady

I have Elvis In My life over 30 years, It Starting With My Aunt June she is one have the Records and that Summer in 1977 I was going thru my bad time in life that change my dreams or have them on hold for 10 to 15 years later, go back to that summer in 77, I got know about Elvis Presley little more
    I got Book By Paul Licther , THe Boy Dear To Rock, Something liked that
    I read that book All Summer and went I go To my Aunt's, I ask her I can I Play Elvis Records I was there, and one night she say why you take few them home with you. that's I start get took on Elvis more in 1976, I starting know he was. but that summer in 77 He had big inpact my life, he get me out that the hole I was in, I rare go out that time and I was so closed came nobody all , I got To Music or Record Stores To see they have in Elvis and I got to used and new stores too..
    They got know me as The Elvis Person, That Book I read It help me alot, I wear that book out. I order one for myself and I wear that one out.
    Elvis have been part my life past 30 years and more
    Some people in this world want to stop this Elvis Train they try for 54 years

This is good thead, Thanks my friend.
    That's I do the covers to keep that train going on here and anothers places
    Tom
    PS I will see you guys and ladies soon, I will Check In Up to this Wed. after that I will awa.

TCB Mafia

Hugs,

Marija

A lovely thread Marija. Thank you for posting it.

Why I became a fan, was instinct, my instincts saying "this man is special". I was only little.

We know in our hearts, that Elvis is a good man; hence we want to know what makes him tick.

Some of us, because of our life experience and dispositions, realise the challenges he had in life, and learn from them. Some of us, because of our life history, and personalities, dwell on them.

We all have one thing in common, we love Elvis, we admire him, or we wouldn't be here.

What makes Elvis special for me, as a woman now, why I looked for him as a woman, was learning about his spirituality. I didn't know, until a few years ago, so I went searching for him.

As a child I sensed him, as a woman, I like to try to understand him, empathise with him, and love him unconditionally, because of the qualities in him, which I find rare in another human being. Something meant to be, don't know how it works, I suspect how it works from occurances which have happenedb.

So I'm here, lovin' him, not thinking about it, just "being".

Hugs,
    Kimmi

Hugs,
    Kimmi

Thank you everyone for the such wonderful replays
    and........
    Tom, thank you for sharing your story

I was a small child - 7 or 8? I saw Tickle Me - Elvis romping around in the hay with all those girls, he was just so handsome, I fell in love. I saw a few more of his movies any time I could. I never got to see him in concert - it would have been easy - Houston is not that far, but it just didn't happen. The more I learned about the kind of man he was - the easier it was to stay in love with him - his kindness, generosity, his religious beliefs - it saddened me when I found out he couldn't attend church anymore for fear of being mobbed or disrupting the service.
    I'm really beginning to learn more about him now, & I'm really beginning to appreciate just what an outstanding musician he really was. I only wish he had written music, maybe it would have given us some insight to his thoughts.

Just pretend, I'm holding you, and whispering things soft and low.
    And think of me, how it's gonna be and just pretend I didn't go

Started w/his voice, then I saw him on tv and then as I grew older and read about his generousity and how polite he was to everyone, I fell in love w/the human being...the heart of the man.
    And that is what has made his faults ok w/me as well, because he did more good then bad and in the end the only one hurt was him, he hurt himself the most, I think anyway.
    I never fantasised about being married to him, but I sure would have liked to be his friend, to just give him that female shoulder, like something he had w/his mom, to just listen and boy would I have loved to just give him a huge hug and tell him all would be ok.
    I agree w/Ann, we should have, and I too wonder why we didn't.

Good thread Marija, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Lisarose View Post
    I was a small child - 7 or 8? I saw Tickle Me - Elvis romping around in the hay with all those girls, he was just so handsome, I fell in love. I saw a few more of his movies any time I could. I never got to see him in concert - it would have been easy - Houston is not that far, but it just didn't happen. The more I learned about the kind of man he was - the easier it was to stay in love with him - his kindness, generosity, his religious beliefs - it saddened me when I found out he couldn't attend church anymore for fear of being mobbed or disrupting the service.
    I'm really beginning to learn more about him now, & I'm really beginning to appreciate just what an outstanding musician he really was. I only wish he had written music, maybe it would have given us some insight to his thoughts.
    Lisarose thanks for your replay
    I wish he wrote few songs too

Quote Originally Posted by Suzan View Post
    Started w/his voice, then I saw him on tv and then as I grew older and read about his generousity and how polite he was to everyone, I fell in love w/the human being...the heart of the man.
    And that is what has made his faults ok w/me as well, because he did more good then bad and in the end the only one hurt was him, he hurt himself the most, I think anyway.
    I never fantasised about being married to him, but I sure would have liked to be his friend, to just give him that female shoulder, like something he had w/his mom, to just listen and boy would I have loved to just give him a huge hug and tell him all would be ok.
    I agree w/Ann, we should have, and I too wonder why we didn't.

Good thread Marija, thank you!
    Hi Suzan
    The thing about being married to Elvis lol....; I agree with you
    I see Elvis as someone whom I can learn from....I hope you know what I mean.
    But, on the other side lol.....I would like to be one of his girl-friends too...lol...

Hi Suzan
    The thing about being married to Elvis lol....; I agree with you
    I see Elvis as someone whom I can learn from....I hope you know what I mean.
    But, on the other side lol.....I would like to be one of his girl-friends too...lol...
    glad u liked the marriage comment.
    I totally know what you mean, and I think we all can learn from him, the good and the bad...to learn how to treat your fellow man, to be giving, to see all sides, to try and understand situations better. And to also learn that excess in anything is very harmful, that drugs, no matter what the form, are hugely bad, that type thing.
    Awe...yeah girlfriend I think better then wife w/him. Though for me I would have just wanted to be his friend, because if you were a good friend, you could always be around, but girlfriends came and went.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzan View Post
    glad u liked the marriage comment.
    I totally know what you mean, and I think we all can learn from him, the good and the bad...to learn how to treat your fellow man, to be giving, to see all sides, to try and understand situations better. And to also learn that excess in anything is very harmful, that drugs, no matter what the form, are hugely bad, that type thing.
    Awe...yeah girlfriend I think better then wife w/him. Though for me I would have just wanted to be his friend, because if you were a good friend, you could always be around, but girlfriends came and went.
    Exactly what I meant

I see Elvis as someone whom I can learn from
    Beautifully Said Marija...I agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Burning_Love View Post
    Beautifully Said Marija...I agree 100%
    Thank you Danielle, glad you do

Exactly what I meant