Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bill Burk slams George Klein new book...

Bill Burk slams George Klein new book...

I saw this on EIN...

franny

Elvis World's Bill E. Burk recently received a review copy of George Klein's upcoming book, "Elvis Presley Family Album".

To say Bill was less than impressed is an understatement. Bill found the book to be riddled with errors and he says 99.99999% of the photos have been released before. Also, several of the photos are incorrectly identified and there are no one-on-one photos of George with Elvis during their Humes High years when George became Elvis' best friend. (News, Source: Bill E. Burk)
    http://www.elvisinfonet.com/billburkselvisworld1.html

Ha, interesting Franny, thanks for posting. This should generate quite a thread. I don't honestly know what to think of the man...don't know enough about him. Seems like there is no in-between with him, fans either hate him or think he's a great guy.

Diane

Personally, I can't stand the guy. He's no better than some of the other "Memphis Mafia" guys that gets the shaft from most Elvis fans.

George Klein, along with Joe Esposito, are 2 of the same.

2 Leeches I might add.

I was in Memphis one summer, and they both had the audacity and nerve to charge fans to take photos with them, and to sign autographs !!!

Ha ... As if !!!

Gee whatta shock Burke slamming someone

I don't now what to make of George, I don't like him @ times, I think he's making all he can make out of his association w/Elvis, but Pris and Lisa still like him, him, Schilling and Esposito, I wonder why they are ok w/them but not the other's who've written books?
    Anyway, I think all of them now are there to make money off Elvis...he's still the bread and butter for all of them, nothing in that area has changed since Elvis passing.
    I used to think Jerry was different but since he to has written a book my esteem has gone down some.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Creole View Post
    I was in Memphis one summer, and they both had the audacity and nerve to charge fans to take photos with them, and to sign autographs !!!
    Well, I was there this past (northern) summer ... George gave me his autograph and posed for a picture ... for nothing. He also gave me ten minutes of his time.

Yes, there are times when George lays it on a bit thick when it comes to Elvis, but he always speaks highly of the man and carries the banner for him and the fans.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

TCB Mafia
    I know George is how he is supposed to be. (Shrug my shoulders, lol).

There seems to be a lot of ego with some of these people (who respond to George).

Generally speaking, when these people run down their previous friends, obviously from upsets from years ago, and they continue to lash out at each other, I don't understand. Why bother? Each to their own. I don't know if George responds back or not. I kinda feel turned off at those who were good friends, who then run each other down publicly.

I also wonder what their motivation is?

Kim

I also wonder what their motivation is?

Kim

$$$$$ who can get the most, jmo.

My friend met him as well and he was VERY VERY nice to her, posed for photos (yes more then 1) and gave autograph for NOTHING! That is why I'm on fence and don't know what to make of him because I hear contradicting stories where he is concerned...but at least he doesn't come across as rehearsed as some, who'll go unnamed but I'm sure u all know whom I'm referring to lol, like he is reciting a cue card lol...and I do like him for not every saying anything bad about Elvis, at least not that I've read or heard.

TCB Mafia
    You know, I know George is supposed to be one who exaggerates. (Probably to the max).

I get the feeling, that that is just him, and he has always been a "story teller".

So why don't his previous acquaintances laugh, knowing what he is like, as he has probably always been that way?

As has been said, he is still a good friend to Elvis, always has been. His motivation isn't to be "cheap" with private details, to sell his story.

I also read somewhere, just remembered, that Bill Burk was banned from Sirius Radio (I don't know the story). Duh! (re my memory) lol

So that would be part of Bill's motivation?

Kim

That is a very very good and legitimate ? Kim, if they know George is a story teller why get upset? It's not like this would be new to them? I think w/alot of them it boils down to jealousy...I really believe that, that and who will make more $ off Elvis...they vied for his attention, they were jealous of ea. of their relationships w/Elvis while he was alive, and it seems they are still at it, who his best friend is, who knew him better, etc...blah blah blah.
    I've heard the name Bill Burk and I've read some of his stuff, but who IS he exactly? And why do some hold what he says as anything w/weight to it?

Cadillac King
    Bill Burk himself is a big liar.His book ELVIS THROUGH MY EYES is not the truth.He saw elvis only in the train (back from germany)That book is filled with fairytales.

Quote Originally Posted by meg View Post
    Bill Burk himself is a big liar.His book ELVIS THROUGH MY EYES is not the truth.He saw elvis only in the train (back from germany)That book is filled with fairytales.
    Is THAT who that is? Dang ok roflmfao...why does anyone believe or hold weight to anything this guy says? The way some speak of him I thought he was someone big in the Elvis world, though I didn't quite believe that because we know all the big players.

I've read that book.....
    There was nothing wrong with it, except that it was boring on some points
    I didn't know when Mr. Burk saw or even talked with Elvis..
    Are you sure about that?
    Anyway...thanks for the info.

Marija

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by franny View Post

I find this amusing, as the Memphis Mafia book used photos, without receiving authorisation from the photographer, (and had to remove said photos from the following printing/s) yet that man, who co-wrote the Memphis Mafia book, is currently slamming George Klein for using photos which (he says) aren't new. (The MM authors didn't ask for authorisation) isn't that a big "boo boo" lol? (Duh!)

Gobsmacked!

It appears to me, that they have said all they can about Elvis, now they are turning on each other.

In my opinion, it is time for a nice drink, chips and dip, to watch their "performances". "$$$$$$$$$$$"
    Last edited by Merry; 09-16-2007 at 05:50 AM.

Examples, please???
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    I find this amusing, as the Memphis Mafia book used photos, without receiving authorisation from the photographer, (and had to remove said photos from the following printing/s) yet that man from the MM is currently slamming George Klein for using photos which (he says) aren't new.

Gobsmacked!

It appears to me, that they have said all they can about Elvis, now they are turning on each other.

In my opinion, it is time for a nice drink, chips and dip, to watch their "performances". "$$$$$$$$$$$"
    - the MM are confusing me........

By the way......NICE avatar Kimmi

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Examples, please???
    As I wrote already:He saw elvis only in the train (back from germany)
    Dont believe every thing in all books

Pat Perry said :We didn?t know who was Bill Burk before Elvis died!

TCB Mafia
    I have nothing personal against GK but as a former DJ, I think he is very lame in that area, as are most of the Elvis radio DJs. Nice in person? Sure. Good as DJs? No.

Hi there meg,
    How do you know he met him only in the train?
    - that's what i want to know

How do you know he didn't see Elvis at other times?

"I lived one minute from Graceland. At times I would visit Elvis in Graceland. On rare occasions, he stopped by my house."

How do you know he's lying?

His magazine, Bill E.Burk's Elvis World is always good ...
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast