Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6910111213141516

Thread: When did Priscilla left Elvis?

Heyas ksimms2...I read that as well, but I heard also that Pris requested he get rid of them as well and helped him burn them?????

I don't buy that she was a virgin either...and in another book one of the guys claims that it was Elvis himself who told him "man she's no virgin." But who knows????

Quote Originally Posted by Suzan View Post
    I don't buy that she was a virgin either...and in another book one of the guys claims that it was Elvis himself who told him "man she's no virgin." But who knows????
    this I haven't heard yet....only that he bragged because she was, while he was still in germany, which meant she was only 14 and meant they were fooling around, atleast enough for him to "feel" maybe? the more I read about Elvis, the more he sounded troubled......a mix between depressed and out of control. he was very arrogant and it was all about him......BUT....the MM all ignored their own lives to stay with him, it was like an addiction, so Elvis sure must have been something else. he was certainly a troubled soul.

I want to say I read that in "All the Kings Men" but I have to go thru it again and see if that is where they claimed Elvis said that...I'll also go thru my other books and see if I can find...but I remember reading that and going "oh wow"...shocked me that if true, her whole story is then a lie and also if true that Elvis would tell the guys something like that when he always exhibited "respect" for Pris and wanted the guys to do the same...
    I don't know...I think yes he was troubled, but I don't think at that time he was that bad...not like when the prescription use became heavy...I think he was still grieving for his mom, and maybe not having an outlet for that, really, being w/other guys, u know?
    Last edited by Suzan; 09-29-2007 at 07:49 PM. Reason: typed wrong word.

As much as it pains me to give any credit to Cilla, I do believe she was - technically - a virgin until May 1, 1967.

From minute one, Elvis saw her as is project, and someone with whom he'd eventially father a child.

And I think his own somewhat naive beliefs lead him to believe that the mother of his child should be a virgin, until that virginity was taken during the "sacred" bounds of marriage.

But I am sure they did everything but the actual deed. And as to what age that actually began, who knows.

As for what Elvis bragged to his buddies, you can take it with a grain of salt. That's what men do ... exaggerate our conquests. I don't think Elvis would've said to the guys, "No, we ain't done it yet" as they may have thought it was a little weird. So, once she hit 18 or so, I reckon he could've been lying just a bit.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    As much as it pains me to give any credit to Cilla, I do believe she was - technically - a virgin until May 1, 1967.

From minute one, Elvis saw her as is project, and someone with whom he'd eventially father a child.

And I think his own somewhat naive beliefs lead him to believe that the mother of his child should be a virgin, until that virginity was taken during the "sacred" bounds of marriage.

But I am sure they did everything but the actual deed. And as to what age that actually began, who knows.

As for what Elvis bragged to his buddies, you can take it with a grain of salt. That's what men do ... exaggerate our conquests. I don't think Elvis would've said to the guys, "No, we ain't done it yet" as they may have thought it was a little weird. So, once she hit 18 or so, I reckon he could've been lying just a bit.
    @ your first comment.
    Very good points, and I guess from a guys point of view, it does make sense he would maybe say something like that.

Coming On Strong

Burning Books?

Will someone please explain the book burning story? Who told Elvis to burn what books and why? This sounds like it could be interesting!

There are several versions Brian, but it has to do w/the "religious, self-realization, etc.." books that Larry Geller had been giving Elvis to read...and apparently by some accts. they were messing w/Elvis head, so forth, so he was told to get rid of Larry and to burn the books, some say Col. ordered it, some say Pris did and some say (which is acct. I heard) that both were telling him, so he was, so to speak, getting it from all sides.
    Interesting to, I read Larry's book and he tells one version but most of the MM say he really wasn't there that long and then only returned shortly prior to Elvis death, so again who knows.
    Maybe someone can add more to this or have the whole story at hand? But that is the gist of it that I got.

I also found it interesting, as a sidenote, that on EBTP, both Pris and Jerry S. were @ a self-realization center up in the Hollywood Hills talking about how much Elvis enjoyed the place, etc...and I thought, "wow and so if he loved it so much and he felt at peace there, why did you then make him get rid of the books?" Just odd to me you know?

TCB Mafia
    I want to say I read that in "All the Kings Men" but I have to go thru it again and see if that is where they claimed Elvis said that...I'll also go thru my other books and see if I can find...but I remember reading that and going "oh wow"...shocked me that if true, her whole story is then a lie and also if true that Elvis would tell the guys something like that when he always exhibited "respect" for Pris and wanted the guys to do the same...
    I don't know...I think yes he was troubled, but I don't think at that time he was that bad...not like when the prescription use became heavy...I think he was still grieving for his mom, and maybe not having an outlet for that, really, being w/other guys, u know?

Hi Suzan,

As per your reply, I agree with you, what was said doesn't make sense. Elvis respected Priscilla, he did love her, at that time. The "other breed" were simply selling their books. Remember our private conversation Suzan re Sonny for instance, claiming things as true, when he wasn't there, or in the room. We both know this from people who were also there at the time.

Sonny was presuming and making a story out of something, and his story simply wasn't true. These guys in their own self made clique say they love each other, yet privately back stab each other.

In my opinion, it's all about money and egos. I also agree with Mr. Robert, from another post, who said that at least George Klein keeps Elvis' memory alive, and is respectful.

So, going again on what makes sense to me, how can we believe a lot of what is said by that other breed, who are selling their books, if they contradict themselves and each other, on top of it all, back stabbing each other?

We have all been upset in our lives, as you say, when we've lost family members, or been stressed. Elvis was like all of us.

I also feel, from watching interviews with Priscilla, that she truely DID LOVE ELVIS at one stage. In my opinion, she looks back and regrets some things she has claimed. No offense, but she isn't that good an actress, so in that context, watching her face and body language, in my opinion, she truely regrets a lot of what she has done, and saidb, realising, as time has passed, and as she has grown older. In my opinion only, it isn't all about the dollars, but she did truely love Elvis in the beginning, with regrets, now (my opinion!!!! ).

Kim

TCB Mafia
    I also found it interesting, as a sidenote, that on EBTP, both Pris and Jerry S. were @ a self-realization center up in the Hollywood Hills talking about how much Elvis enjoyed the place, etc...and I thought, "wow and so if he loved it so much and he felt at peace there, why did you then make him get rid of the books?" Just odd to me you know?

Me too. Wish I could have helped.

Kim

Well said Jess.
    Yes, I remember, and yes I remember what our source said to, but I don't think that it was Sonny who said that Elvis told him that, but you are right...there are few, if any anymore, in the MM who can be believed 100%.
    I do think maybe, @ one time she did love him, but that was many many many decades ago...and yes she may regret it, but day late dollar short. Mostly I don't like her for what she did to him AFTER she left...and what she did to his daughter AFTER he died, u know? All the rest, well that was between them, and he was around to defend himself, etc...though @ that time she dared not say anything, for which well why bother after when he couldn't give his side? U know, but that goes for all of them pretty much. And while he was alive, well he could deal with her in his own way, you know what I mean, I just can't forgive what she said and did after.

TCB Mafia
    [quote=Suzan;143328.[/quote]

I am protective, too, and agree with you.

I just wanted to express, that I feel that in amongst all of it, Cilla did have loving feelings for Elvis. I don't feel that in the beginning, she was using him, as some say (I've been watching her interviews recently, observing her expressions and body language). I sense she loved him, deeply. I feel she changed, which is very sad; I don't agree with what she has done, to put it mildly; however, I still feel, that as a mature, older woman, she realises (she also said this) that she had made mistakes in their personal life, and regretted some of her actions. 20/20 hindsight, and circumstances. My opinion, only.

Kim

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    I am protective, too, and agree with you.

I just wanted to express, that I feel that in amongst all of it, Cilla did have loving feelings for Elvis. I don't feel that in the beginning, she was using him, as some say (I've been watching her interviews recently, observing her expressions and body language). I sense she loved him, deeply. I feel she changed, which is very sad; I don't agree with what she has done, to put it mildly; however, I still feel, that as a mature, older woman, she realises (she also said this) that she had made mistakes in their personal life, and regretted some of her actions. 20/20 hindsight, and circumstances. My opinion, only.

Kim
    Thank you.
    Can't say I disagree w/what your saying and I understand what your saying...just, in my opinion, it is day late and a dollar short. I also have to ? her motives, why now, even 20 yrs. later? I won't even go as far back as their divorce or his death, I'll go as far back as mid 80's...she wasn't that young back then, you know? Anyway that's just my 2 cents.
    And yes I agree, she's not that great an actress to where she could pull off body language etc...