Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hygiene question

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    I dont see what's wrong with this thread....if we only talked about the upbeat Elvis....it would get boring.....he was human and had faults like the rest of us....nothing wrong with discussing it....that's what the forum is here for.
    I was simply curious. I had been reading about various people referring to his personal hygiene habits and I wanted to see if others had read the same thing. I don't regard it as negative comment about Elvis (imo). If he was suffering that much towards the end, then my heart goes out to him even more. So many of us wish we could've helped him.

Coming On Strong
    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Curious where the Jordanires comment is at never heard it before?
    I can`t find that quote at the moment, i thought it was in an issue of "Elvis The Man And His Music". Will check out some of my books/mags over the weekend .................its in there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Vissie View Post
    I was simply curious. I had been reading about various people referring to his personal hygiene habits and I wanted to see if others had read the same thing. I don't regard it as negative comment about Elvis (imo). If he was suffering that much towards the end, then my heart goes out to him even more. So many of us wish we could've helped him.
    same here Vissie...and I had heard same thing....nothing wrong with discussing it...we love Elvis...there is no doubting that.

that's typical cheap,gossip magazine talk.Anyone smelled Lamar or others? I wouldn't dare though..from what type of a source ,those gossips comes and how you people believe those craps and talking here so certainly as if you smelled him everyday.. can this be the same man who almost had a thing with germs and even when he was a child couldn't use others table utensils so his mom raised him..anyway I won't be disturbing you no more but at least there will be a few who would show some respect for this man while others digging for more dirt with a huge appetite.. what a pity..

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by 4THEHEART View Post
    that's typical cheap,gossip magazine talk.Anyone smelled Lamar or others? I wouldn't dare though..from what type of a source ,those gossips comes and how you people believe those craps and talking here so certainly as if you smelled him everyday.. can this be the same man who almost had a thing with germs and even when he was a child couldn't use others table utensils so his mom raised him..anyway I won't be disturbing you no more but at least there will be a few who would show some respect for this man while others digging for more dirt with a huge appetite.. what a pity..
    I didn't read any of this in a cheap, gossip magazine.

I think it's natural for a fan to want to know the truth (even if it's very difficult because only Elvis knows it), but the essential thing is to talk about him with respect just like for anyone else.

"He was paranoid about germs. Yet he still didn't like to bathe". A quote from Billy Smith on page 709 in the "Elvis And The Memphis Mafia"

A sad yet true fact about our man; and personally I don't see anything wrong with this kind of a thread ..we are all wanting to learn about him, both the good things and the lesser ones

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by marijaep View Post
    yeah, me too...
    X3. Weird discussion topic.

How does anyone know if he took a shower or not? Were they in the bathroom with him? Has Linda, Pricilla or Ginger ever mentioned this?? You'd figure the woman around Elvis would comment instead of a male on this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by rawkinlvs View Post
    again another sighn of depression , it was said that ELVIS WAS MANIC DEPRESSIVE[bipolar] , i really do believe this , .
    I don't, not for a second.

Bipolar disorder sufferers exhibit genuinely manic behaviour. From excessive highs to unbelievable lows.

Elvis had highs and lows, sure. Just like everybody else does. His moods were certainly exacerbated by his "medications", so that sent him off on some definitely crazy loops at times.

But actually bipolar? No way. His high and low moods just weren't that excessively different. He did lock himself in his room for days on end towards the end of his life, but not to the point of crying and screaming. And that's what the low points of bipolar are.

And previously having had someone close to me in my life with genuine bipolar disorder, I know whereof I speak.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

I'm not an expert on bipolar and could not make but a guess as to if he did or did not have it. I know from what I've read each case is different as to severity of symptoms. His mother had depression problems and both sides of his family had alcohol problems. I mean any time you discuss someones mental makeup its at best an educated guess-unless you are a psychiatrist. But he did seem to have a lot of mental ups and downs.

I agree with Getlo. I know three different people who have been diagnosed and are being treated for manic depression. My sister-in-law was bi-polar and I can tell you that Elvis did not exhibit their symptoms - just as you said Getlo, his depression, chronic or not though, I wouldn't dare guess not having been around him.

Diane

my 2 cents worth: my ex boyfriend was bi-polar (I did not know it at the time) and when he had an episode he was very manic, would not sleep...kept talking crazy talk...talking to "Spock and Scotty" to beam him up and crazy stuff.....doesn't sound like Elvis to me......depression though.....could have been for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Car View Post
    I think this thread is ridiculous to say the least.

Ditto!

with this thread!

I will never forget you Rosanne.
    R.I.P. 4-27-59~7-22-09

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    I don't, not for a second.

Bipolar disorder sufferers exhibit genuinely manic behaviour. From excessive highs to unbelievable lows.

Elvis had highs and lows, sure. Just like everybody else does. His moods were certainly exacerbated by his "medications", so that sent him off on some definitely crazy loops at times.

But actually bipolar? No way. His high and low moods just weren't that excessively different. He did lock himself in his room for days on end towards the end of his life, but not to the point of crying and screaming. And that's what the low points of bipolar are.

And previously having had someone close to me in my life with genuine bipolar disorder, I know whereof I speak.
    I wasn't even going to bother to participate on this thread, but I had to when I read Getlo's thoughts ...

Your absolutely right Getlo ... Your clear and precise thoughts on Elvis and other subjects are just so reasonable, rational and passionate, such a joy to read, as opposed to some others on this board that I won't care to mention.

First off, I DO NOT, for one second, believe Elvis was dirty or smelled bad in his later years. I do believe he probably didn't bathe as often as he once had, or on a regular basis, but It's ludicrous to think otherwise.

Secondly, Elvis had no traits of bipolar disorder. I do believe he was "lonely at heart" and had symptoms of manic depression, but anything other than crazy mood swings and/or rages would be signs of the prescription drug abuse Elvis was falling into harder and harder over the years.

Let's not forget, Elvis wasn't necessarily all that happy with his life and career in the later days, from bad mixes/ balancing and mastering errors on his records, to unfulfilled film projects, to a nonstop grueling touring schedule, bad eating habits, so on and so forth ...

He was a human being for crying out loud and I haven't, and still don't, expect Elvis to be any better than you or I, other than the fact he was extremely gifted and talented than most.

For what it's worth, I love ya "Elvis Presley" ... and i hope, in his heart, he knows that !!!

Well i really dont care if he dident have a bath at all .. I love him clean or dirty... And i dont think in the last year of his life he dident have a bath he was still touring and had a girlfriend i dont think he would have gone out whatever without washing like come on ... i dont bath everyday either... In the last year of his life you can tell he was not happy sure he was sick i have had days where i dont want to bath either ... I GUESS HE WAS A HUMAN..... anyway this might not make sence but this topic is soo disrespectful ( well at least i think so) i dont even know why i made a comment
    [IMGL][/IMGL]Keep T C BING Elvis Style

TCB Mafia
    bathing too much is really not healthy you know

Quote Originally Posted by King_Creole View Post
    Your absolutely right Getlo ... Your clear and precise thoughts on Elvis and other subjects are just so reasonable, rational and passionate, such a joy to read, as opposed to some others on this board that I won't care to mention!
    Thank you.

If I had a conscience, or any form of feelings for other human beings, I would blush!
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Is there anybody in this forum that has never ever had a terrible week at work or school, so then shut them selves in their houses the whole Sunday, staying in pijamas, taking no bath , watching Elvis movies, lisening to some records, doing some good reading, feeding yourself only with icecream and pizza?

Well if someone says no, that?s the one with a problem! Now, when it comes to Elvis, we have to think King size, he didn?t had bad weeks, he had full months of endless touring, ergo he didn?t took a Sunday, when you are a public person like Elvis, you might want to took a whole week locked up in your room.

For christ sake he was THE sex symbol of his time, and no women as far as I know as ever said anything about: Elvis bad smell? About his last days, well he was sick of all, let the guy stay in his room for a month and its his D bussines if he wants to take a bath or not, just took away the drugs from him, change them for some good records and books and he might be with us these days.
    Last edited by Raised on Rock; 09-15-2007 at 01:30 AM.

I have read that he didn't wash/bathe a lot and so got bad body odour and just covered it up with deoderant.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast