Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hygiene question

Cadillac King

Hygiene question

I've read in a couple of places that Elvis's hygiene wasn't the best in his later years. Has anyone else read this? Is it true?

I haven't read it - but I've heard it on this site.....don't know whether it's true or not....I did read somewhere that he always smelled good....so can't have been that bad.

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    I haven't read it - but I've heard it on this site.....don't know whether it's true or not....I did read somewhere that he always smelled good....so can't have been that bad.
    I've read that he didn't really bathe well (mostly during his later years). People have said that he preferred using "Brut" to washing. A comment is even made in the "Death of Elvis" regarding the day he died.

I read that too..I also read that his hair was thinning Im not sure though he was 42 and that isnt so old so im not sure why people assume he was "ageing" he was quite young

yes i have read in some books- elvis and the memphis mafia is one of them- that he didnt like to take a bath in the later years, especially in the months not long before he left us- but we dont really know the exact truth do we??
    keep smiling and rock and rollin' and loving elvis!!

I don't know what to say-I'm speechless.
    Yes I will say something- in 96 my father in law became ill-stomach problems tired all the time. He was sickly looking for about a year and a half but no one knew why. He had always been super neat, clean and smelled fresh. But for that year and a half he no longer looked nor smelled that way. He ended up dying at 64. The sicker he got the less he felt like doing normal things-they became a hassle to him.
    Last edited by KPM; 09-14-2007 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I don't know what to say-I'm speechless.
    yeah, me too...

Coming On Strong
    One of the Jordanaires said Elvis was often "semi clean", which is strange when you think of all the up close love scenes he filmed in his 60`s films.

Also its mentioned in Revelations of The Memphis Mafia, that when Elvis checked out of his hotel suite, the guys would sweep the room for anything incrimanating Elvis may have left behind, and they noticed the towels would often be unused.

isn't that strange of him? for as popular as he was and as many women as he's been with, you'd think he would have been a clean, clean person. Maybe in his later years because of his weight and health it became pure laziness....? Not sure.

Cadillac King
    I remember reading that after he got done playing racquet-ball that morning, he didn't shower. Instead, he asked for help washing his hair.

Quote Originally Posted by TurnpikeTaylor View Post
    One of the Jordanaires said Elvis was often "semi clean", which is strange when you think of all the up close love scenes he filmed in his 60`s films.

Also its mentioned in Revelations of The Memphis Mafia, that when Elvis checked out of his hotel suite, the guys would sweep the room for anything incrimanating Elvis may have left behind, and they noticed the towels would often be unused.
    Curious where the Jordanires comment is at never heard it before?

It is really funny why we have to talk about Elvis personal hygiene as if we're running out of more sensible topics to discuss. Although, this forum is open to all kinds of topic under the sun, I believe it will be beneficial to all concern to confine our discussion to more entertaining, educational and decent topics. It is not my concern if Elvis does not brush his teeth or wash his face because I like him for what he was.Please, let us give the guy a break

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    isn't that strange of him? for as popular as he was and as many women as he's been with, you'd think he would have been a clean, clean person. Maybe in his later years because of his weight and health it became pure laziness....? Not sure.
    I'm thinking that perhaps as he became more ill, it just became more difficult for him. I don't think it had anything to do with being lazy (jmo).

I think this thread is ridiculous to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Car View Post

It's ridiculous but, sadly, it's the truth. Elvis didn't bathe at all in his later years....he, according to the MM, used what is called "Nullo Deodorant Tablets" and he thought that they would keep him from having to take a bath....

This is one detail of Elvis's life I'd rather not know about.....

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Car View Post
    I think too.. better be quiet
    [CENTER]"The only time I can be me is when I walk through the door and lock it from the inside" -Elvis

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    It's ridiculous but, sadly, it's the truth. Elvis didn't bathe at all in his later years....he, according to the MM, used what is called "Nullo Deodorant Tablets" and he thought that they would keep him from having to take a bath....

This is one detail of Elvis's life I'd rather not know about.....
    Thanks for sharing that Tony. Regardless of his bathing habits, Elvis will always be loved.

Quote Originally Posted by Vissie View Post
    I've read that he didn't really bathe well (mostly during his later years). People have said that he preferred using "Brut" to washing. A comment is even made in the "Death of Elvis" regarding the day he died.
    again another sighn of depression , it was said that ELVIS WAS MANIC DEPRESSIVE[bipolar] , i really do believe this , eventhough dr nick and dr ghanem are not physcotherapists, but the way E.P. was , and his irratic moods/behaviour, as for the hygene thing , i believe it is true, afterall they even had to install a seat in the shower and a new 4 head shower system. In concert you could actually smell the aftershave from the 3rd row[no kidding].but again i believe that real friends don't say/write things like this .

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkinlvs View Post
    again another sighn of depression , it was said that ELVIS WAS MANIC DEPRESSIVE[bipolar] , i really do believe this , eventhough dr nick and dr ghanem are not physcotherapists, but the way E.P. was , and his irratic moods/behaviour, as for the hygene thing , i believe it is true, afterall they even had to install a seat in the shower and a new 4 head shower system. In concert you could actually smell the aftershave from the 3rd row[no kidding].but again i believe that real friends don't say/write things like this .
    You know Rawkinlvs, I've read that people have thought he did suffer from manic depression.. which would help account for the mood swings and bursts of anger. My heart really goes out to him.

I dont see what's wrong with this thread....if we only talked about the upbeat Elvis....it would get boring.....he was human and had faults like the rest of us....nothing wrong with discussing it....that's what the forum is here for.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast