Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Do you believeElvis could have done it better if Col. Tom Parker was not his manager?

I agree with Vissie. If Elvis had wanted medical connections in Europe he would have gotten them. And far as the guns, he'd already made a flight or two with them. They were or course domestic flights but it has already been proven time and again that Elvis could get passed regulations. He got into the White House didn't he?

Diane

From Sonny West himself. And don't pooh-pooh this theory just because he was one of the "evil" MM either. The guy was there, and - on this theory at least - I believe him.

Q: What did you think of the Colonel?

A: You know, so much has been written about him that's just plain wrong. When he heard that Elvis died, I know his heart must have skipped three beats. I know it. He loved Elvis, I don?t care what anybody says. I'll never forget, after the opening night in Vegas in '69, the Colonel came in to the dressing room and said, 'Where's my boy?', threw his arms around Elvis, and had tears going down his cheeks. People have criticised him for not wearing a suit at Elvis' funeral, but that was just the Colonel. There was talk that he was an illegal alien and that's why Elvis never went overseas. Not true. The Colonel was illegal, but he was very good friends with Senator Lyndon Baines Johnson, who later became our president. So the Colonel could have asked him to fix things up for him, there was no reason why the Colonel couldn't go to other countries. I tell you, I think he was the best manager ever. I learned so much for him when we travelled together doing security for Elvis' shows, he was an amazing man.

Q: So why didn?t an overseas tour eventuate?

A: Two reasons: the guns and the pills. At the end, Elvis couldn?t do without either, and you can't get that sort of stuff through airport security, no matter who you are. And the Colonel had no contacts over there really, so it became out of the question. It's kind of why they put together the Aloha show. If Elvis couldn't come to the people in person, they'd do it by satellite.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Loving elvis
    l read that to kelly, that the col would hold anything he had to stop elvis from doing what elvis wanted to do.

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Your naivete is genuinely staggering, but I'm not going to get into a urinating contest about this one.

Keep reading, Vissie, keep reading ...
    Getlo, I'm done with you trying to undermine and diminish my posts because of your inferred superior knowledge of "Elvis".

One more crack and I'm blocking you. Your call.

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I agree with Vissie. If Elvis had wanted medical connections in Europe he would have gotten them. And far as the guns, he'd already made a flight or two with them. They were or course domestic flights but it has already been proven time and again that Elvis could get passed regulations. He got into the White House didn't he?

Diane
    good points diane

Quote Originally Posted by Vissie View Post
    Getlo, I'm done with you trying to undermine and diminish my posts because of your inferred superior knowledge of "Elvis".

One more crack and I'm blocking you. Your call.
    Ok, add me to your "ignore/block" list, I don't mind either way ... up to you.

I present facts as I see them; I certainly don't mind if people choose to agree or disagree with me.

And it's "implied", by the way, not "inferred".
    Last edited by Getlo; 09-13-2007 at 11:55 AM.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    Vissie has every right to say things here just you and the rest, try to accept people views on things or don't answer at all.
    And yet, you never said word when Vissie posted this (before my comments to him, I might add) ... "You really need to get out of the back alley and step into the sunshine. Your conjecture is almost amusing".

Strange ...

I will respond to posters with a tinge of sarcasm, only if they respond to me first in the same passive-aggressive manner. As you will see from this post, I wasn't the one who got snarky first.

I am all for healthy debate, but one cannot be expected to allow snarky comments like that above to go ignored, can one?

But back to the topic at hand.

The Colonel should've been jettisoned soon after the army years. Who knows how much better Elvis' career would've been then!
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Take it easy please! Stick to the topic, no personal attacks!

Sonny

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Ok, add me to your "ignore/block" list, I don't mind either way ... up to you.

I present facts as I see them; I certainly don't mind if people choose to agree or disagree with me.

And it's "implied", by the way, not "inferred".
    It's inferred.

Welcome to ignore.

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
    Take it easy please! Stick to the topic, no personal attacks!

Sonny
    Thank you Sonny

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    Theres more to that story than what your saying,

Then what is your take on the management change in '55?
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by Vissie View Post
    It's inferred.

Welcome to ignore.
    Glad to be there. I'll still respond to your threads, Vissie; I don't know why you got so het up about it.

And it's "implied" ...
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Sonny, I really like your avatar, it matches your name.....pretty cool! (I know, off topic, but have been wanting to tell you that for a while)

guys I certainly do not claim to know all about Elvis, that is why I come here to the forums to learn from the rest of you - some know more than others. I only know what I've heard and read so far.....I sure hate to see you guys argue about stuff like this though.....I think we can all learn from each other.

Loving elvis
    I agree kelly, if opinions were accepted then it wouldn't be a big problem.

Thanks ksimm!

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
    Thanks ksimm!
    No.. it's...

Thank you, thank you very much...

True Vissie!

Thank you very much! lol!

lol Vissie!

Loving elvis
    hahahah@vissie

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast