Thread: Wanted: Bedroom-stills from Elvis & Me

Wanted: Bedroom-stills from Elvis & Me

Dear everybody: In the threat 'upstairs in Elvis and Me', we have a discussion on wether the bedroom scene in Elvis & Me was shot in a setup or in the real bedroom. Does anyone have any other stills from the movie (or even a clip other than the one on YouTube)? Best regards, Martin Kirchg?ssner.

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvistcbkirch View Post
    Dear everybody: In the threat 'upstairs in Elvis and Me', we have a discussion on wether the bedroom scene in Elvis & Me was shot in a setup or in the real bedroom. Does anyone have any other stills from the movie (or even a clip other than the one on YouTube)? Best regards, Martin Kirchg?ssner.
    Martin, I'm not sure you're understanding(?) The shots were not filmed upstairs. There really isn't any question about it because...

No, that movie was filmed in Canada. None of the footage was filmed at
    Graceland.

Archives Research

... states that the movie was not filmed there.

Dear Vissie. I'm 99,9% sure, that the sequence was not filmed upstairs. I just wanted to see, if anyone has got some others captures from the scene, since I havent seen the movie myself. As a journalist I'm used to check information again a again. By the way: Do you have the movie? I would like to the see the scene from the movie. Best regards, Martin

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvistcbkirch View Post
    Dear Vissie. I'm 99,9% sure, that the sequence was not filmed upstairs. I just wanted to see, if anyone has got some others captures from the scene, since I havent seen the movie myself. As a journalist I'm used to check information again a again. By the way: Do you have the movie? I would like to the see the scene from the movie. Best regards, Martin
    Martin, are you saying that the official archives office of Graceland doesn't know what they're talking about? That is the impression I'm getting

For me, I'm going to take them at their word as I feel they are the definitive resource for queries such as this.

Dear Vissie. I learned during my research that you not always cant count on things that have been written or said. Let me give you an example:Marty Lacker has written on several newsgroups, that This Is Elvis was a setup. As one of the Memphis Mafia-members I trusted his information in the beginning, but later I found out, that he was wrong. Not by evil intensions, he just didnt know. Jetup, I just want to see some more stills, since i almost know now, what was in his bedroom in 1977 and what was not. Best regards, Martin

Cadillac King
    Martin, I am a researcher as well (I have an advanced degree). But I know when to stop pursuing a particular issue. Someone or something has to have the best acceptable definitive answer. Matters of science spawn many theories. That isn't the case here.

For me, I will accept the Graceland Archivist as a credible and legitimate source. For me, the matter is closed. Best of luck to you in your further research!