Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In your opinion, do you think Elvis...

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    To be really honest with you, I will have to say that people's opinions of the 'best books' to read, will vary (as Tony said earlier) by personal opinon of the person in question. I personally found "Child Bride" to be a realistic approach to Pris...but others would and will argue that point... I've read that book, as well as "Elvis and Me"...which I did not find to be a truthful approach in many ways. But there are books out there that offer a fair assesment of Elvis' life. You just have to take it all with a grain of salt, decipher and try to compare it with as many facts as you can dig up, and then make up your own mind. Not much help, but it's all that I can offer... If you haven't read any of Peter Guralnick's books, you may want to read them. I found them to be interesting.
    Guralnick's books are the first I read. Along with a big book about Graceland and Elvis & Me. (Plus I started that dreadful Death of Elvis tome). I did find the Elvis & Me book to be mostly a fluff piece so hopefully I'll find something a little more closer to the truth.

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    you can't always believe what you read, but l can't say anything about priscilla cause unlike queenie l'am a fan, and have more faith in her than anything. As for ginger charlie wife said that elvis wasn't going to marry ginger he got caught up in the emotion at the time and trying to relive his past. Ginger had a boyfriend when she was with elvis, that doesn't sound like a woman in love with elvis.
    Interesting you should say "trying to relive his past". I think Ginger looks incredibly like Cilla.

Loving elvis
    elvis and me are the cloest your get to the turth, but than again fans will argue about that book. child beide is to made up in my oponion.

you can't always believe what you read, but l can't say anything about priscilla cause unlike queenie l'am a fan, and have more faith in her than anything. As for ginger charlie wife said that elvis wasn't going to marry ginger he got caught up in the emotion at the time and trying to relive his past. Ginger had a boyfriend when she was with elvis, that doesn't sound like a woman in love with elvis.
    Now Jen...we were on a roll for a few days...we hadn't went into battle, and now look what you've done! j/k. You see, there is so much "out there" that one has to really think it through, otherwise, they can be called biased in one way or another. I am not a 'fan' of Ginger's...meaning that I haven't bothered myself to keep up with her since '77. But I don't think that she deserves a lot of trashing either. If she did have another man in her life, well, that was not a nice thing to do. But with all due respect my friend Jen, Pris had other men while married to Elvis, and yet people still fall into line with the "She still loves him to this day" saga. Which I don't believe...but you already know that.

Now then, shall we call another truce???? Might I make a peace offeringing...? lol... Here's your hug for the day Jen....

Your friend...
    Queenie...

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

Cadillac King
    elvis and me are the cloest your get to the turth, but than again fans will argue about that book. child beide is to made up in my oponion.
    I appreciate your opinion Presley but, for me, Elvis & Me wasn't an accurate representation of what really happened (again, jmo). It didn't really touch on the true human dynamics between two people involved in a very complicated relationship. I haven't read Child Bride.

Loving elvis
    two men queenie, come on now, how many girls did elvis have??

Loving elvis
    look like twins almost
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cilla-1.jpg   prettyginger-1.jpg  

As for ginger charlie wife said that elvis wasn't going to marry ginger he got caught up in the emotion at the time and trying to relive his past. Ginger had a boyfriend when she was with elvis, that doesn't sound like a woman in love with elvis.

I can't believe this but I agree 100% with your post, "presley31". Ginger wasn't as faithful to Elvis as some of us would like to believe. If Elvis had married Ginger, it wouldn't have lasted long at all.

According to the reviews I've seen of it, "Child Bride" comes as close as anything to how Priscilla truly was and is as a person than any other book you will read.
    Last edited by Tony Trout; 09-11-2007 at 01:51 PM.

There is really no doubt that he had other women...but that was not my point. I sensed that you have a dislike for Ginger because she supposedly had another boyfriend, and I was just pointing out to you that it is the same for Pris as it is for Ginger. The only difference being that Ginger wasn't married to Elvis...and he wasn't faithful to her either.

Loving elvis
    Elvis was seeing the real ginger in the last months, and he wasn't liking what he was seeing. She didn't love him like everyone wants to believe.

Cadillac King
    Unfortunately, women were held to a different standard in terms of sexual relationships back in the 60s and 70s. Some may even argue that the double-standard is still in existence today.

Cadillac King
    look like twins almost
    Wow.. you're right! They do look like twins!

Loving elvis
    True true Vissie,

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by Vissie View Post
    Wow.. you're right! They do look like twins!
    Thats what l meant by reliving his past, he came really close to picking someone that looked like priscilla.

Elvis was seeing the real ginger in the last months, and he wasn't liking what he was seeing. She didn't love him like everyone wants to believe.
    Well, honestly, I have never given much thought as to whether or not she was wildly in love with him...it never really mattered to me. But I still respect her for not using her relationship to advance herself financially or any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vissie View Post
    Unfortunately, women were held to a different standard in terms of sexual relationships back in the 60s and 70s. Some may even argue that the double-standard is still in existence today.

In some ways, that is quite correct Vissie. I don't play into that way of thinking though. I don't uphold for Elvis and deny his infidelity. But I was simply making a point that I tried to make earlier. If you like someone, such as Jen does Priscilla, it is not as easy to admit their faults as it is to pinpoint the faults of those that you don't like as much...per say maybe her dislike of Ginger. Not meaning to speak for her, just making a point. Like I said before, there is a lot out there, and everyone has their own opinions and feelings about all things pertaining to Elvis...

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    That's true....but (from my own experience as a fan and talking to other fans) some people will argue things that have been proven to be factual because they think they're correct.

Ahhh, this is where things get muddled, though, don't they?

What is factual, how do you trust the resource?
    Last edited by Merry; 09-11-2007 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Ahhh, this is where things get muddled, though, don't they?

What is factual, how do you trust the resource?

Kimmi...you are so RIGHT! This is always where the difference comes in. Some believe this person's view, and some trust that person's view...and it goes on and on.

You know, I don't have the appropriate answer for your question. All I can do is tell you that I watch people very closely. I pay attention to their actions while they speak, and I listen for little inconsistencies...then I just go with my "gut" feeling as to whether or not I should believe their story. You know, we will never know Elvis' side of the story...so there will always be debates over things pertaining to him.

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    Kimmi...you are so RIGHT! This is always where the difference comes in. Some believe this person's view, and some trust that person's view...and it goes on and on.

You know, I don't have the appropriate answer for your question. All I can do is tell you that I watch people very closely. I pay attention to their actions while they speak, and I listen for little inconsistencies...then I just go with my "gut" feeling as to whether or not I should believe their story. You know, we will never know Elvis' side of the story...so there will always be debates over things pertaining to him.
    Hi Queenie,

I do the same, hon. I look to see where their eyes go (after watching someone telling the truth, you then get the idea of how they react and can go from there) people look up with their eyes, one side for memory, the other side for lieing; watching their mannerisms (scratching or eye avoidance, hesitation, etc., when they tell a "doozy", lol, different things people do). I enjoy observing people. I feel that people's eyes match how they say something emphatically (or not). Or if in fact, it doesn't come from them, they are repeating, and changing stories.

Hugs Queenie,
    Kim

Ginger had a boyfriend when she was with elvis, that doesn't sound like a woman in love with elvis.
    Where's this info from???
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12