Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Memphis City Official wants to move Elvis to the Pyramid?

LOL sounds like something from the Onion to me .

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    I know I'm right. Sillerman didn't buy Graceland itself--it is and always will be Lisa's to own forever. He only bought the "name and likeness" of Elvis Presley. The mansion cannot and will not be touched because:

1. It is on the National Registry Of Historic Places

2. Graceland was designated a National Landmark last year.

Under federal rulings regarding these designations, there cannot be and will not be any alterations done to the mansion itself nor the surroundings around it. Now, outside of the mansion (beyond the gates) may be a different story but Graceland itself cannot be touched at all.
    Thanks Tony...sounds like you are on top of this. I am curious though...you stated that there cannot be and will not be any alterations done to the mansion itself nor the surroundings around it, yet the info on the revamping of Graceland states that the mansion itself will be resturned to it's orginal state...such as the raquetball court, ect. So how does that fit in with this? If there are proposed changes, which by the way Sillerman supposedly is spear-heading, how can this be right? Just curious...and am thinking that maybe you can shed some light on the subject for us. Thanks!

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    Thanks Tony...sounds like you are on top of this. I am curious though...you stated that there cannot be and will not be any alterations done to the mansion itself nor the surroundings around it, yet the info on the revamping of Graceland states that the mansion itself will be resturned to it's orginal state...such as the raquetball court, ect. So how does that fit in with this? If there are proposed changes, which by the way Sillerman supposedly is spear-heading, how can this be right? Just curious...and am thinking that maybe you can shed some light on the subject for us. Thanks!

EPE altered the mansion following Elvis's death.

I certainly don't think that restoring it to it's original state is exactly changing it.....rather it is restoring it to the way it should be.

The changes that they are assuring will not be made, to me are the opening of the upstairs....as we all know the mansion would have to be altered for fire and safety reasons for such a change. As well as adding anything on the property grounds etc...

Also, I could be wrong but it is my understanding that what he purchased was in fact a 99 year lease to Elvis's name image and likeness. After that period they can either renew or it will return to the Presley family. Presumabaly if Riley or Ben are still alive or either of there childen should Lisa not have any more kids which looks likely.
    The Sun Never Sets On A Legend...

they want move Elvis because of Money, City of Memphis Losting Money from EPE, That's They want move him and It's bigest mistake on there part, That's I don't liked Our ____ people from Top. most them are Lawers . I'm leaving It there

International Level
    He's not going to be moved. It's a crazy suggestion and even crazier to consider it may become reality.

The city is in bed with Sillerman for the rejuvenatiuon of the EP Blvd area, this guy is talking through his ***.
    The Sun Never Sets On A Legend...

Quote Originally Posted by 0349054 View Post
    He's not going to be moved. It's a crazy suggestion and even crazier to consider it may become reality.

The city is in bed with Sillerman for the rejuvenatiuon of the EP Blvd area, this guy is talking through his ***.
    You Right on that, He never be move and there alot us don't beleive that never happened. liked I say they are fool do it .
    Tom

This whole thing is making me sick.Im glad Elvis had fun while he could with his money and left GRACELAND in debt----according to Prescilla there was no money left to fix Graceland-----this is my last word on this subjet----is like a big circus
    "Man,I just work here"
    EP 1968 ComaBack

Why can't they just leave him alone in peace. Haven't they have enough of their ridiculous ideas? People will never really stop to gain attention for their vested interest.
    They will always pick on a subject like ELVIS to get that public attention negative or otherwise for the purpose of grandstanding for nothing. I hope this plan never materialized.
    This is a blatant disrespect to ELVIS memory.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12