Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upstairs in Elvis and me?

I emailed EPE about this and they have also confirmed that there wasn't any filming done at all at Graceland. It was all filmed in Canada. Here is their reply to me.

Dear Tony Trout,

No, that movie was filmed in Canada. None of the footage was filmed at
    Graceland.

Archives Research

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    I emailed EPE about this and they have also confirmed that there wasn't any filming done at all at Graceland. It was all filmed in Canada. Here is their reply to me.
    Thanks Tony! I appreciate you sharing that with us!

International Level thehillbillycat's Avatar
    I'm afraid I'm gonna have to disagree with Elvislennon, here.

First of all, there is no book called: "Elvis: From A To Z-The Complete Outline"...at least not that I'm aware of..you may be thinking of the book I posted the title to: 'Elvis-His Life From A To Z" because the information you've posted matches almost exactly what I've already posted.

The bedroom in "Elvis & Me" looks to be Elvis's exact bedroom...there's no way you could recreate something like that. It sounds like you and I have the same book and it does mention that filming was done at Graceland so I will accept the fact that there was filming actually done there until I'm proven wrong.

Nope, My book is call Elvis From A to Z The Complete Outline. It was made in another country and evens says at the beginning of the book that many info that comes from the American version is wrong on certain things. If you read my pervious post, I didn't say it was filmed at Graceland. It was filmed along Elvis Presley Blvd. That was all the was filmed in Memphis. The filmmakers did ask to film inside but was turned down due to the reason that Priscilla didn't want to close Graceland down from the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvislennon2004 View Post
    Nope, My book is call Elvis From A to Z The Complete Outline. It was made in another country and evens says at the beginning of the book that many info that comes from the American version is wrong on certain things. If you read my pervious post, I didn't say it was filmed at Graceland. It was filmed along Elvis Presley Blvd. That was all the was filmed in Memphis. The filmmakers did ask to film inside but was turned down due to the reason that Priscilla didn't want to close Graceland down from the public.

Elvislennon,

My sincere apologies. You are, in fact, correct. I emailed the Archives Dept. at EPE and they echoed your statement about their being no filming done at Graceland for "Elvis & Me".

I'll say this, though...whoever did that mock-up of the bedroom and Graceland interiors (and even the outside shots) did a pretty **************** good job!!

TCB Mafia
    On which base did they recreate that room. It looks awful lot at the real one.

where the decor builders first allowed upstairs or did they only have descriptions of it or pictures

Cadillac King
    Elvislennon,

My sincere apologies. You are, in fact, correct. I emailed the Archives Dept. at EPE and they echoed your statement about their being no filming done at Graceland for "Elvis & Me".

I'll say this, though...whoever did that mock-up of the bedroom and Graceland interiors (and even the outside shots) did a pretty **************** good job!!
    I said this back earlier in this thread (and in another thread) when I was speaking to Martin....

Martin, as I mentioned in my other post, it was filmed in Hollywood, Las Vegas and Quebec City. Just as Cilla has said, on many occasions, no one has access to the 2nd floor at Graceland.

The interior shot of the bedroom could have been built from sketches or/and verbal descriptions given by Cilla.

Dear Riley, Vissie and others. Thanks a lot for the information. Today I'm glad that I didnt base my visual of upstairs on the stills from Elvis & Me, cause there are too many doubts if the scene was shot upstairs. Still I wonder with Riley: How can the drapings and curtains look so much like the real bedroom? And why build a setup so similar to the real bedroom, even with the tv-monitor in the ceiling? The colors and the atmosphere looks is very close to the actual room we see in This Is Elvis. Best regards, Martin.

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvistcbkirch View Post
    Dear Riley, Vissie and others. Thanks a lot for the information. Today I'm glad that I didnt base my visual of upstairs on the stills from Elvis & Me, cause there are too many doubts if the scene was shot upstairs. Still I wonder with Riley: How can the drapings and curtains look so much like the real bedroom? And why build a setup so similar to the real bedroom, even with the tv-monitor in the ceiling? The colors and the atmosphere looks is very close to the actual room we see in This Is Elvis. Best regards, Martin.
    Martin, it is very easy for set decorators and artists to recreate rooms on a movie set. That is their area of expertise

TCB Mafia
    that is true, they can even build decors for films like Troy and Jurassic Parc etc... So why would they not be able to create a bedroom but somebody must have provided them with exact plans, or pics or drawings.

We also see Pris in her bathroom when he proposes her to marry, and we also see her in bad when she has taken to many sleeping pills are these decors also like the real thing.

And the shots in the living room looked so real to me too. So that means they also had the living room recreated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12