Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upstairs in Elvis and me?

Upstairs in Elvis and me?

Dear everybody. In the threat 'Upstairs at Graceland revealed' we came to discuss, if the movie Elvis and Me was filmed upstairs in Graceland, or if it was a setup. Look at this capture from the bedroom-scene. Is it from upstairs or not? Hope to hear from someone who has a corfirmed answer to this. Best regards, Martin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bedroom-2.gif  

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvistcbkirch View Post
    Dear everybody. In the threat 'Upstairs at Graceland revealed' we came to discuss, if the movie Elvis and Me was filmed upstairs in Graceland, or if it was a setup. Look at this capture from the bedroom-scene. Is it from upstairs or not? Hope to hear from someone who has a corfirmed answer to this. Best regards, Martin
    Martin, as I mentioned in my other post, it was filmed in Hollywood, Las Vegas and Quebec City. Just as Cilla has said, on many occasions, no one has access to the 2nd floor at Graceland.

Wasn't "This Is Elvis" filmed upstairs? Besides occasional staff of Graceland, Priscilla and Lisa Marie, it has been said (note, it's a rumour as far as I know) that Nicolas Cage has been upstairs.

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by Jth View Post
    Wasn't "This Is Elvis" filmed upstairs? Besides occasional staff of Graceland, Priscilla and Lisa Marie, it has been said (note, it's a rumour as far as I know) that Nicolas Cage has been upstairs.
    I've heard the Nic Cage rumor as well. Supposedly he laid on the bed and sat on the toilet

Well Vissie, no need to wonder why the marriage between Lisa and Nick didn't work out if he had that little respect.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Well Vissie, no need to wonder why the marriage between Lisa and Nick didn't work out if he had that little respect.

Diane

Two A types very rarely work out. They're too used to being the center of attention to share.

jth - Far as I know This is Elvis used upstairs footage but that was basically
    done with total cooperation from an EPE that needed money.

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post

Diane
    You know, I feel that if he did indeed do those things, then it was disrespectful of him. I know he is obsessed with any/every thing Elvis but that really is uncalled for. Respect the man's property... sheesh.

You're right JDD, two A personalities are going to lock horns for sure.

It was said that Nick married Lisa only because she was Elvis' daughter anyway - she was just another memorabilia to him - a live one. Poor Lisa, I sure hope she and Michael have a long happy life together and that they have that baby that they want.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Elvistcbkirch View Post

Be prepared to be surprised. In the book, "Elvis: His Life From A To Z" I found the following information:

The early scenes in West Germany were actually filmed in Quebec City, Quebec. Shooting in Quebec was cut short when the Canadian Forces Army base refused to allow filming in it's residential section. Other locations used were: Graceland, Las Vegas and Los Angeles.
    So, according to this book there was indeed filming done at Graceland for "Elvis & Me".
    Last edited by Tony Trout; 09-10-2007 at 07:50 PM.

TCB Mafia
    I always heard that too, that the upstairs was the authentic one indeed

Dear everybody. The upstairs sequence in This Is Elvis was filmed in his actual bedroom and bathroom. That is confirmed by Johnny Harra who played Elvis and other of the film-crew. Elvis and Me is another story. I must admitt, that I doubt, that the scene was shot in the bedroom, because of two reasons: The film is from 1988, where Priscilla already had Graceland opened to public (1982) and the upstairs level sealed off. and 2: If the scene was shot in 1988, why are the drapings and curtains in the room not the same as in This Is Elvis (that was filmed in 1981). 2. There are no information on IMDB, that Graceland was a location to the movie. Anyone who has other information? Best regards, Martin

Backstage Pass
    What I know is that they filmed a lot in Graceland, the living room and dining room. And at the outside. And that they rebuild a bedroom in the studio to film the scenes there..

Cadillac King
    From what I understand This Is Elvis did have some filming done at Graceland (but I have no evidence that it was done upstairs). Elvis & Me is another story. While the A to Z book says one thing, other sources say something else (including IMDb).

Titles with locations including Graceland - 3734 Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee, USA

Here are the 8 matching titles:

1. "Good Morning America" (1975): (Episode dated 16 August 2007) TV Episode
    2. "Madventures" (2002): U.S.A: Las Vegas - Memphis TV Episode
    3. "Madventures" (2002) TV Series 9.6/10 (269 votes)
    4. Elvis: The Tribute (1994) (TV) 6.1/10 (24 votes)
    5. Million Miles to Sunshine, A (2004)
    6. Tears of a King (2007)
    7. This Is Elvis (1981) 7.1/10 (309 votes)
    8. U2: Rattle and Hum (1988) 7.0/10 (2528 votes)
    ...aka Rattle and Hum (1988)

Btw, "3734" is an executive office (office building) for Graceland.
    Last edited by Vissie; 09-11-2007 at 09:09 AM.

International Level thehillbillycat's Avatar
    This Is Elvis was the only Elvis movie to be filmed at Graceland. There is several photos of Johnny Harra along with the others that was cast for This Is Elvis.

Here is some of the photos:
    http://www.geocities.com/jharra2000/images/jhmovie.jpg
    http://www.geocities.com/jharra2000/...scottharra.jpg
    http://www.geocities.com/jharra2000/images/cook.jpg
    http://www.geocities.com/jharra2000/.../graceland.jpg

Elvis and Me was shot in Los Angeles, Quebec, Las Vegas, Memphis and several other places including some in Georgia. No shots was ever filmed at Graceland itself. The only thing that was shot in Memphis was Elvis Presley Blvd itself.

That is going by Elvis From A To Z - The Complete Outline. That is what my book is call.

Their is no photos of the actors at Graceland during the time of filming. Their is only one that has been floating around but that photo was taken a year after it was release.

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvislennon2004 View Post
    This Is Elvis was the only Elvis movie to be filmed at Graceland. There is several photos of Johnny Harra along with the others that was cast for This Is Elvis.

Here is some of the photos:
    http://www.geocities.com/jharra2000/images/jhmovie.jpg
    http://www.geocities.com/jharra2000/...scottharra.jpg
    http://www.geocities.com/jharra2000/images/cook.jpg
    http://www.geocities.com/jharra2000/.../graceland.jpg

Elvis and Me was shot in Los Angeles, Quebec, Las Vegas, Memphis and several other places including some in Georgia. No shots was ever filmed at Graceland itself. The only thing that was shot in Memphis was Elvis Presley Blvd itself.

That is going by Elvis From A To Z - The Complete Outline. That is what my book is call.

Their is no photos of the actors at Graceland during the time of filming. Their is only one that has been floating around but that photo was taken a year after it was release.
    Great post Elvislennon Were any photos taken upstairs?

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to disagree with Elvislennon, here.

First of all, there is no book called: "Elvis: From A To Z-The Complete Outline"...at least not that I'm aware of..you may be thinking of the book I posted the title to: 'Elvis-His Life From A To Z" because the information you've posted matches almost exactly what I've already posted.

The bedroom in "Elvis & Me" looks to be Elvis's exact bedroom...there's no way you could recreate something like that. It sounds like you and I have the same book and it does mention that filming was done at Graceland so I will accept the fact that there was filming actually done there until I'm proven wrong.
    Last edited by Tony Trout; 09-11-2007 at 09:28 AM.

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    I'm afraid I'm gonna have to disagree with Elvislennon, here. The bedroom in "Elvis & Me" looks to be Elvis's exact bedroom...there's no way you could recreate something like that. It sounds like you and I have the same book and it does mention that filming was done at Graceland so I will accept the fact that there was filming actually done there until I'm proven wrong.
    Tony, I've read in many places that the Elvis & Me crew did not film upstairs at Graceland. They didn't even use the exterior of the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Vissie View Post
    Tony, I've read in many places that the Elvis & Me crew did not film upstairs at Graceland. They didn't even use the exterior of the house.

If there wasn't any filming done at Graceland then why is it mentioned in "Elvis: His Life From A To Z" that filming was done at Graceland?? If filming was done at Graceland, where did they film at? The reason I say that is because the upstairs area sure as **** looks like Elvis's bedroom...there's no way (at least in my mind) that you can re-create something like that so easy.
    Last edited by Tony Trout; 09-11-2007 at 09:38 AM.

Loving elvis
    l don't think we will ever know the turth on this matter.

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    If there wasn't any filming done at Graceland then why is it mentioned in "Elvis: His Life From A To Z" that filming was done at Graceland??
    I'm in the process of reading that book as well. So far, I have found a few discrepancies that fall under other categories (to be discussed later).

All the other readings I've found say Graceland was not used in Elvis & Me. Including IMDb (which lists all filming locations used).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast