Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If Elvis were with us today...

If Elvis were with us today...

I was just looking at the "50 Years Ago Today" thread which stated that Elvis recorded Blue Christmas 50 years ago today and people were saying how they wished Elvis were still with us.

I was talking to two of my friends at work a couple of weeks ago and they were giving their opinions of how Elvis would look if he were still here. His hair was a topic of discussion. One friend said she thought he'd be bald () and the other said he'd be grey (). I don't think he'd have been either! He had a pretty good head of hair. Can you imagine him with that head of full hair a snowy white?

I know we'll never know, but just for fun, what do you think Elvis would be doing if he were still with us? Making albums? Touring? Making movies? What?

Oh how I do wish...

I would like to think that if Elvis were still with us, he would be happy. I can imagine him having his hand in something creative, although I doubt that he would be touring at the age of 73. But maybe, who knows? When I think of this, I imagine him looking very distinguished...not the "old grey haired man with wrinkles"...lol...just a very handsome old gentleman. I picture him with his grandkids gathered around, and him laughing at their antics. I picture him still having that twinkle in his beautiful blue eyes... and still pulling the BEST practical jokes ever! I guess if I must sum it up, I would love to think that had he lived, he would be very content and satisfied with the accomplishments that he had made in his life. And that he would truly realize how he has ALWAYS meant so much to so many...

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    Oh how I do wish...

I would like to think that if Elvis were still with us, he would be happy. I can imagine him having his hand in something creative, although I doubt that he would be touring at the age of 73. But maybe, who knows? When I think of this, I imagine him looking very distinguished...not the "old grey haired man with wrinkles"...lol...just a very handsome old gentleman. I picture him with his grandkids gathered around, and him laughing at their antics. I picture him still having that twinkle in his beautiful blue eyes... and still pulling the BEST practical jokes ever! I guess if I must sum it up, I would love to think that had he lived, he would be very content and satisfied with the accomplishments that he had made in his life. And that he would truly realize how he has ALWAYS meant so much to so many...

I'd be running my hands through that snowy grey hair, lol

Kimmi

Seriously? I would send him happiness, love and peace, from my heart, praying that with faith, and the love from so many people, that he will believe, and feel it, from all.

I would love to see him with a happy home life enjoying his family and getting into some kind of hobby that he enjoys and maybe giving a special performance now and then and showing everyone that boy that golden voice is still there.

I really do not see him with white hair. I think he may have continued to dye it but maybe a dark to medium brown instead of black. He would have kept his wonderful mane because that is definitely genetic and his dad kept his full head of hair.

I'd like to see him look back at all his trials and tribulations and be able to say he beat them all.

Diane

I'm sorry to say that, going by Elvis' usual patterns, he may have got into another rut.

After a world tour in 1980 or so, he may have defined the 80s with another down period, eg similar to the endless movie years, folowed by the endless concert years.

But it would be nice to think that:
    1. He'd have gotten off the drugs and got healthy;
    2. He'd have reconnected with what was really happening in the music world, and regained his place as the most relevant rock'n'roller;
    3. He'd have thrown Cilla off any EPE boards and removed her from his life altogether;
    4. He'd have kicked Lisa Marie's *** for marrying Michael Jackson, and for her general carryings on;
    5. He'd have maintained his appearance once he was healthy. But I think that he'd have had more plastic surgery. As for being bald - well, some men don't go bald until their 40s or 50s. And with all that dyeing, his hair wouldn't have stayed healthy.

In short, he needed something to look forward to in life, but he mostly became apathetic. He would've either soared the heights of music again ... or become Wayne Newton II. I'd like to think the former.
    Last edited by Getlo; 09-05-2007 at 11:13 PM.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Have to agree with your summation, Getlo.
    "Mr Dickman certainly can take care of himself."

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Dickman View Post
    Have to agree with your summation, Getlo.

Thank you, Mr Dickman.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Its really hard to know, actually imposible isn?t? yes, as Getlo put it, following his usual patterns, its hard to know if he would be up and still creative, or just totally sunken and having a hard time in his lattest years.

Anyway, thinking positive, well, Jack Nicolson its only two years younger than Elvis and hey the man is still the man, same for Anthony Hopkins, maybe Elvis could have finally done a decent movie in his latter days, and no doubt you can still be atractive to women at 73.

About recording and touring, well the show would have changed of course but you may remember that B.B. King still world toured and recorded aged 80 and it was a good show, so...
    Last edited by Raised on Rock; 09-05-2007 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    But it would be nice to think that:
    1. He'd have gotten off the drugs and got healthy;
    2. He'd have reconnected with what was really happening in the music world, and regained his place as the most relevant rock'n'roller;
    3. He'd have thrown Cilla off any EPE boards and removed her from his life altogether;
    4. He'd have kicked Lisa Marie's *** for marrying Michael Jackson, and for her general carryings on;
    5. He'd have maintained his appearance once he was healthy. But I think that he'd have had more plastic surgery. As for being bald - well, some men don't go bald until their 40s or 50s. And with all that dyeing, his hair wouldn't have stayed healthy.
    Getlo...I agree with these statements. (Well, except for the 'unhealthy' hair part...geeze, you may be right, but I just loved his hair soo....)

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

Backstage Pass President Presley's Avatar
    I think about this a lot and I think Elvis would be grey on the sides of his hair, like Omar Sharif. He'd tour Europe ofcourse, making 'quality' movies and sing some duets with today stars and with his daughter. He would have made a unplugged album, that's what I'd love to hear, but the '68 special comes closes.
    "Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet!".
    Groucho Marx

TCB Mafia
    it is hard for me to imagine him being old.
    Perhaps simply because we all know it is a "if" question and sadly for him and for us it will never happen.
    God decided different.

He's be alive......that's all that's important to me.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jonburrows.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	7.0 KB 
ID:	18811

good idea of what he might look like.....have any of you others seen this man's myspace page? He calls himself Jon Burrows....yes....Elvis used that name alot I guess.....no I don't think it's really Elvis.....but he does look like him don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post

good idea of what he might look like.....have any of you others seen this man's myspace page? He calls himself Jon Burrows....yes....Elvis used that name alot I guess.....no I don't think it's really Elvis.....but he does look like him don't you think?
    The photo is obviously retouched from a sixties publicity shot of Elvis.

But yeah, maybe that's how Elvis would've gone had he not succumbed to more plastic surgery, hair dyeing, botox etc
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    The photo is obviously retouched from a sixties publicity shot of Elvis.

But yeah, maybe that's how Elvis would've gone had he not succumbed to more plastic surgery, hair dyeing, botox etc
    it is a retouched photo? Do you know from what photo? I didn't think of that.

Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    it is a retouched photo? Do you know from what photo? I didn't think of that.
    Sorry, what I meant is that - to my eye at least - this guy's face has been morphed with enough of Elvis' features to look like an older Elvis. Or maybe it's the quality of the pic ...
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

I don't think so on this one -he does have others that are obvious "photo shop" ones....but not this one....I'm not saying this guys is Elvis of course.....he has an interesting my space page though.

Loving elvis
    indeed interesting Kelly thanks for sharing.

Thanks Jen..myself and another myspace Buddy are "investigating" this guy...to see what his angle is....he changes his page alot....adds different stuff on there from the "Elvis is alive" theory....things we've all seen over the years in the news, etc.

Loving elvis
    good idea Kelly, l wish people would stop saying or thinking elvis is alive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast