Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Something my girlfriend told me last night

Sounds to me like (and I could be wrong here) that the mansion and grounds will stay the same - except for general upkeep - which should make those of you who want it the same to be happy.
    And that there is going to be some things added outside the grounds that will appeal to people who are fans, but not fanatic--just people who want to see the place as a tourist attraction, etc, and that will make them happy.
    And if the city of Memphis will clean up the "almost ghetto" that the street has become on each side of Graceland, then it will be much more pleasant to approach, and more impressive, to fans and the curious alike. Elvis would be ashamed of the way the street has become, I believe. I am for keeping the estate the same, but in good repair, and for adding interesting museums, etc, nearby. Have any of you seen any of the presidential museums? I have only seen the Clinton one in Little Rock, as it is close enough to get to on a weekend. Whatever your political persuasion, it is truly impressive. There are buttons to push which start videos of famous speeches, etc. So many really interesting things. If they could do this with Elvis, it would be so interesting and informative, and make a lot of new fans, I would think. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by rocknroll View Post
    You went around in public randomly asking people you don't know about Elvis' estate?

Exactly my thoughts ...

Hmmm, 32 individuals out of an estimated 350 million living Americans ...

WOW, Now that's impressive

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Creole View Post
    Exactly my thoughts ...

Hmmm, 32 individuals out of an estimated 350 million living Americans ...

WOW, Now that's impressive
    If true I don't know which is more sad:

the fact your out of control obsession on this subject compelled you to actually walk up to perfect strangers and ask them about something they probably have very little interest in, or

the fact you actually did it. Period.

If either of you two clowns have a problem with me taking time out of my day to ask a few strangers a few questions about a very popular topic in the EP world that concerns the most influencial figure of all time and the changes to his kingdome, then tough. Deal with it. Your opinions mean as much to me as a cat's vomit does.
    http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2...-overhaulx.jpg "Without a shadow of a doubt, Bob Sillerman is the BEST thing to happen to the Elvis World in a very long time. Even EPE have stated this. During the next ten years we should see a massive boost for the Elvis Legacy."-courtesy, Brian Quinn

Check out my blog on the new upcoming Graceland expansion and redevelopment.
    http://gracelandfuture.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JudyMcKinn View Post
    Sounds to me like (and I could be wrong here) that the mansion and grounds will stay the same - except for general upkeep - which should make those of you who want it the same to be happy.
    And that there is going to be some things added outside the grounds that will appeal to people who are fans, but not fanatic--just people who want to see the place as a tourist attraction, etc, and that will make them happy.
    And if the city of Memphis will clean up the "almost ghetto" that the street has become on each side of Graceland, then it will be much more pleasant to approach, and more impressive, to fans and the curious alike. Elvis would be ashamed of the way the street has become, I believe. I am for keeping the estate the same, but in good repair, and for adding interesting museums, etc, nearby. Have any of you seen any of the presidential museums? I have only seen the Clinton one in Little Rock, as it is close enough to get to on a weekend. Whatever your political persuasion, it is truly impressive. There are buttons to push which start videos of famous speeches, etc. So many really interesting things. If they could do this with Elvis, it would be so interesting and informative, and make a lot of new fans, I would think. Just my opinion.
    Another poster with the right view of things.
    http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2...-overhaulx.jpg "Without a shadow of a doubt, Bob Sillerman is the BEST thing to happen to the Elvis World in a very long time. Even EPE have stated this. During the next ten years we should see a massive boost for the Elvis Legacy."-courtesy, Brian Quinn

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by EP75 View Post
    If either of you two clowns have a problem with me taking time out of my day to ask a few strangers a few questions about a very popular topic in the EP world that concerns the most influencial figure of all time and the changes to his kingdome, then tough. Deal with it. Your opinions mean as much to me as a cat's vomit does.

Absolutely pathetic. I'm raising the BS flag on your supposed survey.

TCB Mafia

Look at the poll on the other thread. Your beloved changes for Graceland DO NOT have the support of the Elvis fan community. But, according to you, most of us are too old and will all die soon someday (yes folks, actual quote by EP75).

Look at the poll on the other thread. Your beloved changes for Graceland DO NOT have the support of the Elvis fan community. But, according to you, most of us are too old and will all die soon someday (yes folks, actual quote by EP75).
    Please provide the evidence to back up your accusations towards me Kerry.

are you guys still at it? good grief.....lol....just ignore this subject and it will go away.....ya know? it's been beaten to death - insulting one another does no good. I'm suprised a moderator hasn't shut it down yet.....I love you all....but.....back to your corners!

TCB Mafia
    Please provide the evidence to back up your accusations towards me Kerry.

"The original fanbase is getting old and will soon be dying off" - EP75 on the E1 message board.

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    are you guys still at it? good grief.....lol....just ignore this subject and it will go away.....ya know? it's been beaten to death - insulting one another does no good. I'm suprised a moderator hasn't shut it down yet.....I love you all....but.....back to your corners!
    Agreed. I'm done.

"The original fanbase is getting old and will soon be dying off" - EP75 on the E1 message board.

You are pathetic. Just like your sidekick.

Loving elvis
    You are pathetic. Just like your sidekick.
    theres no need in being rude cause people don't share your opnions.

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post

That is sooo right Jen!

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    Obviously you have not been around long enough to know their motives. Go to elvisnumberones.com forum and look up replies by Kerry Mills and King Creole and you will know why I am so bitter towards them. I think you will be amazed.

A tad confrontational, isn't this EP75?

Just because this person agrees with your ideas of the expansion, doesn't make them the "right view". It just makes them similar to yours.

I think that's why some people on here are getting annoyed with you: throwing out your ideas on here as if they're the only correct assessment of the situation ...

Others have differing opinions to yours and Lakeisha's, it would appear ...
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

You're getting old too, so dont let your bloom fool you EP75 and please at least try to be respectful. You dont need to share the same views with others to do that.

And yes, as Kelly said, let's just ignore this thing going on unnecessarily for so long and back to our concerns. I'm sure we all have more important things to do, to share and to talk about.

love ya'll
    Long Live The King...

Well, I know I'm gonna get attacked for sayin this...but whatever.

First of all, I don't see anywhere where Jay has said these ideas are his.

Everything he's posted is what I've given him info on, or what the media is sayin. He's not makin anything up or throwin out rumors or speculation. He's just relatin what I've told him and what the media has said. Why do yall gotta problem with that?

Yall say he's tryin to make yall agree with him, when it's really the opposite....yall are tryin to make him agree with yall and when he doesn't then yall go into attack mode or criticize his support. And that aint right and is hypocritical.

Second, Some of yall, they know who they are, need to get off your high horses when it comes to Elvis. He aint God and neither is Graceland heaven. I don't think he's the greatest ever. He was one of the greatest for sure. But IMO, James Brown was more energetic and entertaining than Elvis was. But that don't make me any less a fan of Elvis.

I love the guy, as an entertainer and a proud Memphian. But I aint gonna say he should be kept as is today, which means kept for his generation only as seems to be the double standard goin on here, or the area around shouldn't be improved so black folks can better their lifestyles and businesses around it as it grows and brings in more tourism to the area.

If anybody's got a problem with that, then you don't understand the business aspect of why Graceland is opened to the public in the first place.

Third, Jay gave all yall a chance to see through his blog page, which I think is very informative, of what EPE is sayin and plannin and some of yall are still comin at him as if he's the enemy. And some, and they know who they are, are in denial of the plans and tryin to turn it all around on Jay, and playin the manipulatin game as well.

IMO, from the way I see it, he's not pushin it on anybody. He's just backin it up with a debate on the subject and tryin to help some of yall understand the meaning, and the realism of the changes comin, and some of yall aint seein it that way and are attackin him for bein in support. Here's a news flash....he aint the only one who is supportin it here, online or in the real world. There's more in support than not, from what i hear.

So just because this poll favors the biased Elvis fanbase opinions, that don't mean it speaks for the rest of the Elvis world or the locals here, nor is it makin any difference on what's fixin to happen here in Memphis.

And like Jay said.....it IS gonna happen. So you might as well just get used to the idea of what it's gonna be like.

And for those who don't like the changes....then don't come here, if you're so against them. Graceland and EPE will be makin plenty of cash off of the casual fans and general public that comes on a daily basis, not just the 2 time a year fans who come for the anniversary celebrations.

As for Jay and me standin up for him....this dude has been my internet and real life friend for almost 2 years now and he's had my back everytime when nobody else hasn't. He keeps it real and he's a sweetheart. That's why I trust him and tell him all the info I hear, because I know he's my friend and in big support for the redevelopment plans for Graceland and Whitehaven, my former hood.

Lastly, this is the exact reason why I don't socialize or post that much anymore in the Elvis world. There's too much hypocrisy and double standards goin on, as is the case here and other Elvis forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeisha View Post
    Graceland and EPE will be makin plenty of cash off of the casual fans and general public.
    And that's what it's all about with EPE these days!
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeisha View Post
    James Brown was more ... entertaining than Elvis was.
    You must be kidding!
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast