Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another Elvis Movie Planned

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    Diane I think the reason is they had the time to straight themselves and live for many years after that on the "right path", they continued with their music etc...
    When Elvis died he was at his worst and that image is what remains in people?s minds.
    So did John Lennon!!

Yes I think you are right Donut. Elvis died at his very worse, but it gripes me that the others are now washed squeaky clean in comparison when they aren't. Except for Keith Richards, there are always a lot of jokes going on about him and he's also one who influenced a lot of young people to drugs, but for some reason I kinda like him as he has also done a lot for charities, helped others in the music business so maybe he's balancing things out a bit. He has a sick funny kind of humor but he shows his personality more and I think maybe that is not a good thing in show business.....gives the press etc. amunition.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by ReGina_89 View Post
    So did John Lennon!!
    Just put one picture of each of them at the end of their life together and you?ll know what I meant.
    Their death was quite different too...

I know you are right Donut, i didnt mean that literary. John at a point when Sean was born end of '75 started staying at home more..so his record sales went down bit by bit and remember he was on illegal drugs..so finally he makes this record that is gona get him moving again n wack some crazy dude shoots him. The difference is that Elvis died on a cross of his own making (very sad)but John didnt however both their careers were on a constant downwards turn!!

So did John Lennon!!
    No, Lennon was at his nadir in the early seventies when Yoko briefly left him and he was using heroin.

He died on the verge of another creative cusp - drug free (well, except for marijuana which was never even an issue); he'd just recorded two albums worth of what would prove to be his best solo work and was planng another tour. He was happy at home and with his life. He died in a good space.

As for Elvis dying at his worst? Certainly, yes, in terms of the drug intake and erratic behaviour.

But in terms of physical appearance? No. His worst was in February '77, especially the show at Hollywood, Florida.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

IJohn at a point when Sean was born end of '75 started staying at home more.
    This was by his own choice, though. The difference is Elvis was still out there making music, but the career was still in the doldrums ... for many years.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by Jailhouse-Rocker View Post
    but i don't think that person (Jelvis) above should be in a new movie about The King ... he doesn't look a thing like Elvis!

Jamie Foxx doesn't look a thing like Ray Charles and Joaquin Phoenix looks nothing like Johnny Cash, and that didn't seem to bother anyone. I kinda like the enthusiasm of this Jelvis kid though and he's not bad for 16...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7HArj3w0Bw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcxGVORQSpE&NR=1

We always get caught up in the looks when an Elvis film is made, but really no-one is ever going to pull off the looks because Elvis was unique.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123