Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Elvis Movie Planned

Loving elvis

Another Elvis Movie Planned

ANOTHER ELVIS MOVIE PLANNED

We had an Irishman take on the roll, and now a Welshman could have a go?
    They say Jamie McDonnell (above) has the voice, the moves and the looks and at the age of 16, the Garngoch teenager could be
    heading for Hollywood stardom after being asked to play Elvis in a new film about The King.

Jamie (stage name Jelvis) was spotted by a movie producer as he sang at Elvis' mansion, Graceland in Memphis, on the 30th
    anniversary of The King's death last month. "I was performing at Graceland on the anniversary of the day that Elvis died and that
    was already enough for me. But to be asked to appear in a film as well was incredible."

The film is being backed by Elvis author and former bodyguard Sonny West and could go into production very soon. This is just the
    latest in a string of "Proposed" movies about the Rock King. A movie based on the book by Jerry Schilling is being discussed and
    also the movie from Dee Stanley.

If any of the projects get off the ground is a different matter, although we do kind of hope (judging from past experiences) that none
    of them ever get the green light.
    Opinions and comments made on this site are the personal opinions of the individuals involved and are not necessarily the views or opinions of the
    Elvis Express website or any of it's officials.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jamie_1.jpg  

ouch.....
    I don't like the idea....

Thanks for posting though

Loving elvis
    Me either Marija.

This kid looks NOTHING like Elvis!

And I hope another Elvis movie never gets made.

Everyone knows the story; nothing more could ever be added.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

He doesn't look like Elvis at all..

Personally, please don't hate me, but i would like to see another Elvis movie made, like 'Walk The Line'. You see, Walk The Line brought a new generation into Johnny Cash, i know this because my brother is now a huge fan and people from my school, who wouldn't even consider that type of music.

This would help Elvis into the younger generation..people would finally respect me and other youngsters for liking that music too !!

Or maybe bring out 'Elvis the movie' by Kurt Russell again..

I wouldn't mind another one either - just depends on who they get to play Elvis - some of the actors in the past - well - I just don't think they did a great job.....probably because I'm biased towards our Elvis?

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    This kid looks NOTHING like Elvis!

And I hope another Elvis movie never gets made.

Everyone knows the story; nothing more could ever be added.
    sorry getlo thats all l seen

Nope, I don't think this guy looks at all like Elvis either. I wouldn't mind if they finally made a movie of Elvis that was actually realistic and had someone like Kurt Russel portray him, but I'm afraid these will just be more of the same...

Thanks for posting the article Jen.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    sorry getlo thats all l seen
    Huh? Don''t get what you mean here.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    I wouldn't mind another one either - just depends on who they get to play Elvis - some of the actors in the past - well - I just don't think they did a great job.....probably because I'm biased towards our Elvis?

I agree too...it's to hard to get someone to play Elvis !

Loving elvis
    never mind getlo misread.

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Nope, I don't think this guy looks at all like Elvis either. I wouldn't mind if they finally made a movie of Elvis that was actually realistic and had someone like Kurt Russel portray him, but I'm afraid these will just be more of the same...

Thanks for posting the article Jen.

Diane
    I would love to see the one with kurt russel, never got to see the first one.
    Your welcome too

I believe the one and only movie about Elvis that is worth to be seen is: ELVIS with KURT RUSSELL. It was in fact a good movie. But appart from that, the rest are just painful if not embarasing to watch.

Yes it would be great a new movie about Elvis but only if they get in the right way and for that you need a decent script, a decent director, and a decent actor doing a decent Elvis, an imposible task for the low budget and the lack of talent involved in the projects mentioned in this thread.

Mad Tigers
    It doesn't matter who they get to play Elvis or how they write the movie. Trying to capture Elvis to the satisfaction of fans is not going to happen. Trying to remake the magic that was Elvis of the 50's couldn't happen because it was an absolute phenomenon. Besides for that there is so much knowledge about Elvis out there from his fans that you cannot please us while making Elvis appeal to a new audience. The best way to do it would be to just show someone a video of Elvis and tell them that it doesn't get any better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Burning_Love View Post

Personally, please don't hate me, but i would like to see another Elvis movie made, like 'Walk The Line'. You see, Walk The Line brought a new generation into Johnny Cash, i know this because my brother is now a huge fan and people from my school, who wouldn't even consider that type of music.

This would help Elvis into the younger generation..people would finally respect me and other youngsters for liking that music too !!

I think so too Danielle.. I have been a Johnny Cash fan all my life and I think the movie was great (eventhough it was only focused about the John June relationship, but hey! its great to remind us that prue and true love is real and that it can last forever) anyways the guy in the movie look like Elvis more than this 16 year old!!

They should have a well reserched one like Walk The Line..the King deserves and acadmey award worthy film not just some amture films and miniseries!!

Quote Originally Posted by Burning_Love View Post

That?s my opinion, too
    I love that movie Walk The Line and even if Elvis didnt come over very positive, it was a good movie!

And if they bring a serious movie like that with Elvis.. i think that would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by ReGina_89 View Post
    I think so too Danielle.. I have been a Johnny Cash fan all my life and I think the movie was great (eventhough it was only focused about the John June relationship, but hey! its great to remind us that prue and true love is real and that it can last forever) anyways the guy in the movie look like Elvis more than this 16 year old!!

They should have a well reserched one like Walk The Line..the King deserves and acadmey award worthy film not just some amture films and miniseries!!
    Ahh yes, he is no Elvis but he does resemble him a lot. He would be great as Elvis, he played the part well in Walk The Line.

Oh, the agony!!

If a movie is produced that comes from a book by Sonny... I think I will pass on it...

If they WOULD do one that is realistic and true to form, that would be great! The "Walk The Line" movie was great...I love it. But I don't see Elvis getting a fair shake, unfortunately people only WANT the bad side of him...seems to be the main interest for most non or casual Elvis fans. Sad...

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    Oh, the agony!!

If a movie is produced that comes from a book by Sonny... I think I will pass on it...

If they WOULD do one that is realistic and true to form, that would be great! The "Walk The Line" movie was great...I love it. But I don't see Elvis getting a fair shake, unfortunately people only WANT the bad side of him...seems to be the main interest for most non or casual Elvis fans. Sad...
    That will be a big miss for me, don't want nothing by sonny

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    That will be a big miss for me, don't want nothing by sonny
    Good morning Jen... I'm noticing a pattern here...and I think I like it I AGREE WITH YOU 100%!!!

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast