Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 67

Thread: Elvis And Ann Margaret

  1. #21
    ksimms2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Homosassa, FL
    Posts
    2,408
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovelvis View Post
    I think the best thing about Ann-Margret is that she and her husband have been married forever (Over forty years according to her website which says they married on 5-8-67). That's absolutely amazing, whether you're in show biz or not.

    And, I loved her on The Flintstones! (Ann-Margrock!)

    Not crazy about her and Elvis being "together" when Elvis had Priscilla living at Graceland, but it ain't my business.
    Didn't Elvis and Priscilla get married on May 1, 1967 or somewhere around there? Does anyone see a tie to this? Did he find out Ann was going to get married (maybe because elvis wouldn't commit) and so he turned around and married Priscilla? hmmmmm??? anyone think of that????? because didn't Elvis just show up one day and tell her they were getting married? out of the blue??? Okay detectives...let's here your thoughts on this one.....

  2. #22
    TCB Mafia Burning_Love's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England, uk
    Posts
    2,390
    Hey i found this, it's Ann and Lindsey Lohan, and i like it because of what Ann says at the end..

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWMpj_2L2W0


    Danielle

  3. #23
    Backstage Pass ilovelvis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    Didn't Elvis and Priscilla get married on May 1, 1967 or somewhere around there? Does anyone see a tie to this? Did he find out Ann was going to get married (maybe because elvis wouldn't commit) and so he turned around and married Priscilla? hmmmmm??? anyone think of that????? because didn't Elvis just show up one day and tell her they were getting married? out of the blue??? Okay detectives...let's here your thoughts on this one.....

    Whoa, I didn't even noticed the dates of the marriages! I knew Elvis married on May 1 (my birthday ), but I didn't even think about the year! There must be more written about this somewhere!

  4. #24
    Backstage Pass ilovelvis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Burning_Love View Post
    Hey i found this, it's Ann and Lindsey Lohan, and i like it because of what Ann says at the end..

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWMpj_2L2W0


    Danielle
    She (Ann-Margret) seemed very nice there. That's got to be fairly recent coverage, within a couple of years, right? You really don't see much of her these days. I really admire that she's stayed by her husband's side for all these years if he's been sick all that time.

  5. #25
    TCB Mafia The King's Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    That says a lot for Ann that she has stood by and taken care of her sick husband all these years. Doesn't that make you wonder whether or not she might have been good for Elvis about his drug addiction? A hard call and a very different set of circumstances mind you, but it does make you wonder whether she would have stuck by him to the end.

    Ann was never what you could call a home wrecker as Elvis and Priscilla were not even engaged much less married.

    Diane
    Well said Diane!

    You know, I think that maybe if Elvis would have had a woman to "call his hand" on things instead of being afraid of being sent home, maybe she could have influenced him to do a bit better. Ann was becoming highly successful herself, so she didn't need Elvis' money or status. I think they were very much in love at one time and they continued to share a love and respect for each other, even though they both loved others later in life.

    I agree with the fact that Ann could not be a "home wrecker" since they were both single. Yes, Pris was in a relationship with Elvis. But Ann owed her nothing. If anyone was to blame for Elvis' affair with Ann, it would be Elvis. I wish they would have given it a real shot...maybe he would still be around now...who knows???

    Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

  6. #26
    Backstage Pass ReGina_89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    Didn't Elvis and Priscilla get married on May 1, 1967 or somewhere around there? Does anyone see a tie to this? Did he find out Ann was going to get married (maybe because elvis wouldn't commit) and so he turned around and married Priscilla? hmmmmm??? anyone think of that????? because didn't Elvis just show up one day and tell her they were getting married? out of the blue??? Okay detectives...let's here your thoughts on this one.....
    I dont think it has anything to do with it for two reasons. first is that Elvis asked Pris WAY before they got married 5 to 6 months before (he asked her xmas of '66). the second reason is Elvis and Pris didnt plan the wedding the Col did and he seriously couldnt care less about Ann (or anyone else for that matter why should he he's "the mighty" Col)

  7. #27
    ksimms2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Homosassa, FL
    Posts
    2,408
    Quote Originally Posted by ReGina_89 View Post
    I dont think it has anything to do with it for two reasons. first is that Elvis asked Pris WAY before they got married 5 to 6 months before (he asked her xmas of '66). the second reason is Elvis and Pris didnt plan the wedding the Col did and he seriously couldnt care less about Ann (or anyone else for that matter why should he he's "the mighty" Col)
    well Regina, it still makes a great story doesn't it?? I didn't know he asked her way before? That part I didn't know - I thought just perhaps Elvis asked Cilla on the rebound from Ann....maybe Ann wanted him to commit and he wouldn't - so Ann moved on with another man and so Elvis felt compelled to marry Cilla.....just a thought.....oh well...it sounded good at the time.

  8. #28
    TCB Mafia Burning_Love's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England, uk
    Posts
    2,390
    Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    Well said Diane!

    You know, I think that maybe if Elvis would have had a woman to "call his hand" on things instead of being afraid of being sent home, maybe she could have influenced him to do a bit better. Ann was becoming highly successful herself, so she didn't need Elvis' money or status. I think they were very much in love at one time and they continued to share a love and respect for each other, even though they both loved others later in life.

    I agree with the fact that Ann could not be a "home wrecker" since they were both single. Yes, Pris was in a relationship with Elvis. But Ann owed her nothing. If anyone was to blame for Elvis' affair with Ann, it would be Elvis. I wish they would have given it a real shot...maybe he would still be around now...who knows???

    I Love the way you say things, you are 100% right in my books and i agree with everything you said !!

  9. #29
    TCB Mafia Burning_Love's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England, uk
    Posts
    2,390
    Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    well Regina, it still makes a great story doesn't it?? I didn't know he asked her way before? That part I didn't know - I thought just perhaps Elvis asked Cilla on the rebound from Ann....maybe Ann wanted him to commit and he wouldn't - so Ann moved on with another man and so Elvis felt compelled to marry Cilla.....just a thought.....oh well...it sounded good at the time.
    Kelllyyy !! It makes a great story...I can see what you mean ! There are many stories to why Priscilla and Elvis married...i guess we all like to believe there are many stories other than 'Because they loved each other'

  10. #30
    Backstage Pass ReGina_89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    well Regina, it still makes a great story doesn't it?? I didn't know he asked her way before? That part I didn't know - I thought just perhaps Elvis asked Cilla on the rebound from Ann....maybe Ann wanted him to commit and he wouldn't - so Ann moved on with another man and so Elvis felt compelled to marry Cilla.....just a thought.....oh well...it sounded good at the time.
    It actually does doesnt it!!
    Its abit childish but it could have happened..im not sure about this but i think Ann started dating Roger shortly after Viva Las Vegas came out thats about 1964 i think, so the whole thing would have been a passed ship that has disappeared in the horizon (look at me using the skills from Lit class ) anyways im not 100% but i think thts what happened

  11. #31
    TCB Mafia Burning_Love's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England, uk
    Posts
    2,390
    Quote Originally Posted by ReGina_89 View Post
    It actually does doesnt it!!
    Its abit childish but it could have happened..im not sure about this but i think Ann started dating Roger shortly after Viva Las Vegas came out thats about 1964 i think, so the whole thing would have been a passed ship that has disappeared in the horizon (look at me using the skills from Lit class ) anyways im not 100% but i think thts what happened
    Well, i think your right, i will look about and try and find some answers
    have been a passed ship that has disappeared in the horizon (look at me using the skills from Lit class
    That made me laugh Gina !!!!!!! But it's true

  12. #32
    Backstage Pass ReGina_89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Burning_Love View Post
    Kelllyyy !! It makes a great story...I can see what you mean ! There are many stories to why Priscilla and Elvis married...i guess we all like to believe there are many stories other than 'Because they loved each other'
    The thing is Elvis had a VERY strong persona..he was THE KING for god's sake everybody agrees on this point...so my question is how could anybody push such a strong character into a corner it doesnt make sense. Some say they (Pris' parents) threatened to pull a "Jerry Lee Lewis" type of scandle but Pris was 18 when she moved to Memphis in 1963 (okay let me just do the math..born may 45 moved to Memphis summer of '63..yup 18 years old an adult!!)

  13. #33
    TCB Mafia Burning_Love's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England, uk
    Posts
    2,390
    Quote Originally Posted by ReGina_89 View Post
    The thing is Elvis had a VERY strong persona..he was THE KING for god's sake everybody agrees on this point...so my question is how could anybody push such a strong character into a corner it doesnt make sense. Some say they (Pris' parents) threatened to pull a "Jerry Lee Lewis" type of scandle but Pris was 18 when she moved to Memphis in 1963 (okay let me just do the math..born may 45 moved to Memphis summer of '63..yup 18 years old an adult!!)
    I totally see your point. But what i heard was that Colnel said to Elvis, you can't have a girl living at home when your out, people are getting suspicious, so you have to either get rid of her...or marry her, and we all know colnel could make Elvis do anything, for instance, sining Old Mcdonald.

    There are many stories out there and we shall never know the truth !

  14. #34
    Loving elvis
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Burning_Love View Post
    I totally see your point. But what i heard was that Colnel said to Elvis, you can't have a girl living at home when your out, people are getting suspicious, so you have to either get rid of her...or marry her, and we all know colnel could make Elvis do anything, for instance, sining Old Mcdonald.

    There are many stories out there and we shall never know the truth !
    The turth will never came out, but l don't think you can force elvis to marry. Elvis also belived that ann and priscilla could pass as sisters.

  15. #35
    Backstage Pass ReGina_89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Burning_Love View Post
    I totally see your point. But what i heard was that Colnel said to Elvis, you can't have a girl living at home when your out, people are getting suspicious, so you have to either get rid of her...or marry her, and we all know colnel could make Elvis do anything, for instance, sining Old Mcdonald.

    There are many stories out there and we shall never know the truth !
    Yes that's true many stories..the trick is to read all with no strings attached regarding who is telling the story everyone is bais and afterwards using that Ol' grey matter under your skull and put common sense into it-pros and cons (okay why am i being such a nerd today) anyways like here you said it yourself "either get rid of her or marry her" he gave him two roads and Elvis picked one
    Last edited by ReGina_89; 09-04-2007 at 05:47 PM.

  16. #36
    TCB Mafia Burning_Love's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England, uk
    Posts
    2,390
    Quote Originally Posted by ReGina_89 View Post
    Yes that's true many stories..the trick is to read all with no strings attached regarding who is telling the story everyone is bais and afterwards using that Ol' grey matter under your skull and put common sense into it-pros and cons (okay why am i being such a nerd today) anyways like here you said it yourself "either get rid of her or marry her" he gave him to roads and Elvis picked one
    Aha ! Like It !

  17. #37
    TCB Mafia Burning_Love's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England, uk
    Posts
    2,390
    Elvis also belived that ann and priscilla could pass as sisters.


    You Know i believe this too, to me they look rather alike, the face shape, the eyes, the cheekbones..maybe others don't see it but i definately do I always say to my dad how much their alike and he agrees

  18. #38
    Backstage Pass ReGina_89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Burning_Love View Post
    Aha ! Like It !
    Suddenly I feel alot better now despite my injuries. Thanx

  19. #39
    TCB Mafia jak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    S.C. USA
    Posts
    2,125
    Elvis ended the relationship with Ann Margaret.Ann had announced to the press that they were an item.I believe she even talked of their oncoming engagement.The story was all over the press.This upset Elvis.One thing Elvis wouldnt tolerate was his private affairs being talked about in public.This caused Elvis to back away.I believe Lance Legault has spoken many times of this.
    Jak

  20. #40
    ksimms2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Homosassa, FL
    Posts
    2,408
    Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    Elvis ended the relationship with Ann Margaret.Ann had announced to the press that they were an item.I believe she even talked of their oncoming engagement.The story was all over the press.This upset Elvis.One thing Elvis wouldnt tolerate was his private affairs being talked about in public.This caused Elvis to back away.I believe Lance Legault has spoken many times of this.
    Jak
    Now that you are saying this, I remember that part in the "Elvis and Me" movie as well - but thought that was just a put on for Priscilla...making her think it ticked him off.....but good point.....because he also stated they were only friends - when in fact they were more.....know what I mean?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ann-Margaret
    By Tommy in forum Off topic
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 12-07-2008, 01:10 PM
  2. Anne Margaret
    By rustay87 in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 08-09-2006, 03:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •