Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Elvis And Ann Margaret

Elvis And Ann Margaret

What do you think of this couple ?

I havn't seen a thread on this topic so thought i'd start one.

I think they were A
    great couple. The chemistry is outstanding on 'Viva Las Vegas'. And i think it's a big shame they never got together.
    At first i didn't like her, but she has grown on me and now i am intrigued in her relationship with Elvis.

How Long were they together..anyone know ?

Here's a video with pictures of them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1gPXrlVnIo

Thanks for your answers !

Danielle xx

I'll be probably one of the very few with a negative answer, lol.
    I don't like that woman! lol
    I think it was good for them in the beginning of their relationship...
    Because Elvis was a kind of man that wanted someone to wait him home and Ann Margaret was nothing like that.
    She was just like him, he didn't want that.
    He always thought that a woman knows her place and that's home

But...THEY SURE LOOKED GOOD TOGETHER...

Marija

P.S : Thanks for the link to the video, VERY NICE

I think Elvis and Ann were soul mates. As to whether a marriage for them would have lasted we'll never know but I do think there was a very strong bond between them, more than with any other woman in his life.

I don't know how he felt about her later on, I know he sent her flowers for her opening nights in Vegas, but I do know that Ann loved him the rest of her life. There is no doubt of that whenever you see her in an interview when she talks about him (and says very little), and I think she was the only female co-star that attended his funeral......which just boggles my mind!

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I think she was the only female co-star that attended his funeral......which just boggles my mind!
    She was the only co-star, period!

And, aside from George Hamilton, none of his Hollywood and music friends showed up either.

Now that's mindboggling ...
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by marijaep View Post
    I don't like that woman!
    How can anyone not like this woman????!!!

Unfortunately, Elvis' attitude to women was one of the major factors which caused the end of the relationship ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails am.jpg  
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by marijaep View Post
    I'll be probably one of the very few with a negative answer, lol.
    I don't like that woman! lol
    I think it was good for them in the beginning of their relationship...
    Because Elvis was a kind of man that wanted someone to wait him home and Ann Margaret was nothing like that.
    She was just like him, he didn't want that.

But...THEY SURE LOOKED GOOD TOGETHER...

Marija

P.S : Thanks for the link to the video, VERY NICE
    well said marija

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    She was the only co-star, period!

And, aside from George Hamilton, none of his Hollywood and music friends showed up either.

Now that's mindboggling ...
    Did it have anything to do with Vernon calling everyone telling them not to come? Remember - he did that.

As for Ann Margaret and Elvis - I sort of resent their relationship because of the way it was portrayed in some of the Elvis movies....she was a "home wrecker" and came between he and Priscilla.....but I do like Ann Margaret very much - just not with Elvis. Also, Ann is so independent - she would not have put up with Elvis' crap.....know what I mean? She would have done the booting - not the other way around.....

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    How can anyone not like this woman????!!!

Unfortunately, Elvis' attitude to women was one of the major factors which caused the end of the relationship ...
    hehe,I guess you are male lol...that answers everything
    No, only joking...I just don't like her. But we can't discuss much about different tastes

Marija

hmm i didn't mind her but i don't think they'd have made a good couple ... they were too similiar ... Elvis had set views on women.

Plus if they ever had a wedding (judging by Viva Las Vegas) her "dancing" would put him straight in the line for divorce!
    I've got those hup, two, three, four, occupation G.I. Blues, From my G.I. hair to the heels of my G.I. shoes

I think they really got on well together, in ann margrets book she talks fondly of elvis, they used to enjoy going on bike rides together they enjoyed one anothers company.
    elvislady

Cadillac King
    Ann-Margaret is ok.. nothing special IMO and I don't think they would've made a good couple together. She would have demanded too much from him and he wasn't in a position to focus his entire life on her.

We've met her and Roger Smith a few times and, again.. imo, she's better off with Roger.

I think Ann Margret would have been great for Elvis! It's funny, but she became the kind of woman Elvis would have wanted as she is taking care of her ill husband and is still with him at home! She seems to be a great person!

Early in their careers maybe she wasn't what Elvis wanted, but I think they would have been more compatible, in the end!

franny

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    well said marija
    Wow, thanks Jen

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by franny View Post
    I think Ann Margret would have been great for Elvis! It's funny, but she became the kind of woman Elvis would have wanted as she is taking care of her ill husband and is still with him at home! She seems to be a great person!

Early in their careers maybe she wasn't what Elvis wanted, but I think they would have been more compatible, in the end!

franny
    Roger has been ill for nearly 50 years. My Aunt met him at the Mayo Clinic back in 1960 when he was undergoing treatment.

If I'm not mistaken he has Myasthenia Gravis a type of Muscular Dystrophy.
    It can be kept under control with a treatment pioneered by the Jerry Lewis MDA researchers. I have not heard how hes been doing recently

She's not around much these days..the last thing she did i guess was "The Break Up" and it was one scene. I think shes soooo pretty..indeed a female Elvis..I believe he did like her ALOT (love is too big a word) her at a point but i dont think it would have lasted because people that are that much alike might end up killing eachother (and knowing Elvis' stand on women!!)
    The one thing I dislike most about her is that she was a home wrecker, because she did know about Pris thats a big no, no under whatever circumstances

That says a lot for Ann that she has stood by and taken care of her sick husband all these years. Doesn't that make you wonder whether or not she might have been good for Elvis about his drug addiction? A hard call and a very different set of circumstances mind you, but it does make you wonder whether she would have stuck by him to the end.

Ann was never what you could call a home wrecker as Elvis and Priscilla were not even engaged much less married.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    That says a lot for Ann that she has stood by and taken care of her sick husband all these years. Doesn't that make you wonder whether or not she might have been good for Elvis about his drug addiction? A hard call and a very different set of circumstances mind you, but it does make you wonder whether she would have stuck by him to the end.

Ann was never what you could call a home wrecker as Elvis and Priscilla were not even engaged much less married.

Diane
    Ohh Diane..The voice of Reason

Backstage Pass
    I think Elvis and Ann were soul mates. As to whether a marriage for them would have lasted we'll never know but I do think there was a very strong bond between them, more than with any other woman in his life.

I really think some people should learn to respect others opinions... you ask a question and if some one does not agree with you.. off you go again on a childish tangent. I like Ann and think she is a wonderful person and do not care for cilla so that makes me a bad person? No, and it does not make others bad for liking cilla. It is just a matter of opinion. I guess what confuses me is why some people go on and on and on and are really saying nothing that we don't already know. Sure wish someone whould explain that to me?????

I think the best thing about Ann-Margret is that she and her husband have been married forever (Over forty years according to her website which says they married on 5-8-67). That's absolutely amazing, whether you're in show biz or not.

And, I loved her on The Flintstones! (Ann-Margrock!)

Not crazy about her and Elvis being "together" when Elvis had Priscilla living at Graceland, but it ain't my business.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast