Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Article...

Post Interesting Article...

I found an article in the Daily Herald that I found quite interesting, perhaps because I agree with it, but none the less, just thought that I would share it with you.

http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/235633/

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

Great article King'sQueen and I agree with it 100%. If I were to divorce my husband I would take my maiden name back even after over 40 years. No marriage, why would I want to keep the name?

All the women named in the article profited by keeping their ex-husband's name - that tells it like it is.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Great article King'sQueen and I agree with it 100%. If I were to divorce my husband I would take my maiden name back even after over 40 years. No marriage, why would I want to keep the name?

All the women named in the article profited by keeping their ex-husband's name - that tells it like it is.

Diane
    Thanks Diane! I feel exactly the same way. And yes, I think this article pretty much sums it up....

Diane

100% AGREE !!

Quote Originally Posted by Burning_Love View Post

100% AGREE !!
    mee too 100 %. interesting idea that the ex-wifes should pay royalities to their former husbands if making $$$ (or whatever currency ) out of their name LOL.

If you ask any non Elvis fan about this almost all of them will tell you the reason she keep it is $$$ without hesitating.
    Maybe I see it so odd because in my country you never lose your surname even though you get married. We carry both our mother?s and father?s surname and we keep them untill the day we die.
    So untill I learned about Elvis private life I thought Priscilla was his widow and was shocked to learn they were in fact divorced.

Loving elvis
    my mom kept her name after she and my dad split. she now goes by another name cause she remarried.

The problem with Priscilla isn't that she kept the Presley name. The problem is that she gave it up after the divorce then took it back after Elvis died....that's why people wonder about her. If she had kept it in the first place and not changed back and forth, no one would have questioned her. Regardless, she is still not "the widow Presley".

Diane

Loving elvis
    she never called herself a widow some fans did.

I read an article that said in the divorce decree, she "could not use the Presley name to further her career". After the divorce, that is why she had to use her maiden name instead of Presley. After Elvis and Vernon passed away, she used the Presley name because her daughter was a Presley and she had to manage the estate to look after Lisa's inheritance. Who else but Priscilla could see that Lisa Marie had an inheritance and preserve Elvis' legacy? There was no one left other than Lisa and she was a minor.

On her updated My Space page, she lists her "Occupation: Actress, Entrepreneur, Elvis's wife":
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=91007877

She also says: "I am a successful business woman and actress, yet the world will probably always remember me as Elvis Presley's wife and the mother of our daughter, Lisa Marie Presley."

Now, I think she likes to hang on to the fact that she was the only wife Elvis ever had. If Vernon had lived, I don't think there would be anything left at Graceland. He would have gave everything away or sold it.
    Last edited by cprimm; 09-04-2007 at 10:19 AM. Reason: duh

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by cprimm View Post
    I read an article that said in the divorce decree, she "could not use the Presley name to further her career". After the divorce, that is why she had to use her maiden name instead of Presley. After Elvis and Vernon passed away, she used the Presley name because her daughter was a Presley and she had to manage the estate to look after Lisa's inheritance. Who else but Priscilla could see that Lisa Marie had an inheritance and preserve Elvis' legacy? There was no one left other than Lisa and she was a minor.

On her updated My Space page, she lists her "Occupation: Actress, Entrepreneur, Elvis's wife":
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.?fu...endid=91007877

She also says: "I am a successful business woman and actress, yet the world will probably always remember me as Elvis Presley's wife and the mother of our daughter, Lisa Marie Presley."

Now, I think she would likes to hang on to the fact that she was the only wife Elvis ever had. If Vernon had lived, I don't think there would be anything left at Graceland. He would have gave everything away or sold it.
    well said

Priscilla's myspace is a fake, it says that in her website.

I agree with cprimm, if Vernon had lived he probably would have sold things from Graceland until there was nothing left but I can't see him giving anything away..he was too tight for that.

And Jen, no Priscilla didn't start "the widow Presley" thing but she has never corrected anyone on it.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    she never called herself a widow some fans did.
    but she never corrects that 'error', does she!? not that i can remember ....
    i don't suffer from insanity - i enjoy every minute of it

Loving elvis
    I really haven't notice that, but than again l don't watch to many things.

I really haven't notice that, but than again l don't watch to many things.
    no, she never does - i did not really ask a question. was more stating a fact.

no matter if you watch 'larry king', 'oprah', or read any report in a paper ... if she's called 'widow', she never corrects.

OK, since she's not the sharpest knife in the drawer ... maybe she simply doesn't know the difference . that at least could serve as a good excuse, couldn't it?
    Last edited by EDOEP; 09-04-2007 at 10:20 PM.
    i don't suffer from insanity - i enjoy every minute of it

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by EDOEP View Post
    no, she never does - i did not really ask a question. wsa more stating a fact.

no matter if you watch 'larry king', 'oprah', or read any report in a paper ... if she's called 'widow', she never corrects.

OK, since she's not the sharpest knife in the drawer ... maybe she simply doesn't know the difference . that at least could serve as a good excuse, couldn't it?
    I don't take notice cause l'am fan and must of the time l will disgree so its pointless in convincing me.

The problem with Priscilla isn't that she kept the Presley name. The problem is that she gave it up after the divorce then took it back after Elvis died....that's why people wonder about her. If she had kept it in the first place and not changed back and forth, no one would have questioned her. Regardless, she is still not "the widow Presley".

Diane
    Bravo, Diane! You hit it right on the money! Elvis did NOT want her to carry his name , thus the stipulation in the divorce decree ...but as always, she was determined to have it her way...so she waited until there was no one left to challenge her on it and then TOOK the name back . IMO, she should be ashamed to be addressed as a "Presley"...and she certainly should be ashamed to be referred to as "his widow"!

Ohhh the divorce decree Elvis never picked up??!!
    the thing here is MILLIONS of women do what she did and nobody gets it like she does. I remember an old Oprah show re-run was on the other day and Oprah was addressing rumors about herself and she said something very true she talked about how people expect something of her but when she exceeded their expectations they paniced and didnt know what to do but put her down same goes with Priscilla's advances with Gracland..its pretty sad really!!
    So many people "Use" their last name like Cynthia Lennon..she got a talk show after John died because of theose last 6 letters and she didnt write one but TWO "tell-all" books that were really tellllll alllll!! although she married 3 times after John and John himself remarried and had a kid!! nobody drages her through the mud..u know why because shes nuthing...if she became something like Priscilla did I bet you the same that goes for Priscilla now would have gone for her!!
    Last edited by ReGina_89; 09-04-2007 at 07:05 PM.

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    Bravo, Diane! You hit it right on the money! Elvis did NOT want her to carry his name , thus the stipulation in the divorce decree ...but as always, she was determined to have it her way...so she waited until there was no one left to challenge her on it and then TOOK the name back . IMO, she should be ashamed to be addressed as a "Presley"...and she certainly should be ashamed to be referred to as "his widow"!
    Where's the love tonight

Where's the love tonight
    good one Jen..I do admitt I myself got carried away there for a moment

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast