Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you could spend one night at Graceland...

Coming On Strong
    What would you do? And if you could take one thing with you, what would it be?

I would want to spend it with maybe on or two other Elvis fans that love him as much as I do. I mean I love my daughters, but they wouldn't appreciate it, and I would want to be with someone else who does. I would spend the whole day and night just walking around slowly soaking everything in. I would play some pool in the gameroom, and watch some TV in the TV room. I'd like to eat some good homestyle Southern cooking in the jungle room while looking out the window and maybe seeing the horses over by the fence. Maybe even take a dip in the pool before it was time to turn in for the night. I don't know where I would sleep, not sure if sleeping in his actual bed would be disrespectful or not, but I could live with sleeping somewhere else. I would want to connect with his spirit while there, and then take that home with me.

I keep changing my mind about what I would take with me (besides the experience of course), but I think I would like either his "Crazy" bracelet or something on that level. I think that bracelet meant a lot to him.

What about you guys/gals?

Lisa :wink:

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Cool question.

I know what you're saying about the sleeping in his bed thing, but it definitely would be cool to spend some quality time in his bedroom, simply because of how much time he spent in there and how strong his presence would likely be felt up there. If possible, I would probably want to lie in his bed at least long enough to get his perspective (visually speaking) on the room, with the air conditioner cranked, of course--I'm like that anyway--the TV on but silent, with gospel music coming from one radio and country playing on the other, the closed-circuit TV monitors on and scanning the crowd out front and the people downstairs, etc.

Some people might think that would be uninteresting or that it reflects upon a sad time in his life, but it would just be a way to connect with him a little...in some way.

But the thing I would really love to do would be to set up a recording studio in the Jungle Room just as he had it in '76, and sing the songs that he sang there. That would be just about the ultimate.

I'd have to ride one of his golf carts or other fun vehicles around the yard.

If not for the displays which are there now, I'd play some racquetball, then relax in the hot tub.

I agree that doing these types of things would really be a blast with a group of friends who love Elvis as much as you do. Simply hanging out in the living room, one of the basement rooms, the Jungle Room, the racquetball building or wherever with a group to share the moment with would be amazing.

What to take? I need to think some more about that one.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

O,.... Please take me with you

I dont think I can sleep at all, but never mind, I would love to wonder around, just beeing there guitly listening..looking..touching (stuff thats there, so don't get any ideas :wink: )..sitting

What would I like to take with me?? I'am not sure, but maybe something that I can hold close to me anytime anyplace.

...listening..looking..touching (stuff thats there, so don't get any ideas :wink: )

That reminds me--I forgot to mention I'd make some home movies, take some Polaroids...

TCB Mafia
    Just to actually go there would be ample enough for me.
    I have always wanted to go and i will one day before my time has come.
    Hopefully in the next couple of years....once the kids have moved out and we have more money to spare.
    One thing i would take is a camera.... :wink: Boy i'd treasure that for the rest of my life
    TCB Chris.

---------------------------------------

Coming On Strong
    ...listening..looking..touching (stuff thats there, so don't get any ideas :wink: )

That reminds me--I forgot to mention I'd make some home movies, take some Polaroids...
    Bobby, you are so bad.... that's why I like you so much, lol!

Lisa :wink:

That would really be something!

I'd say it's reasonable to think that if ticket sales were to dwindle over the next few years or decades (not that I'm hoping for that), we'll see some really attractive promotions like that.

I also think that if there were such a decline, that would make them strongly consider opening the upstairs, regardless of what they say about that now.

They might do that anyway, as long as they could see ticket sales going way up as a result.

If I could spent just one night there, I sure hope Lisa Marie would be there too... :wink:

Sonny

Sure, if I can fit it in there... Hahaha!

Sonny

Cadillac King
    What a great thread...
    I would like to sit in the Jungle Room and listen to the music, be it gospel or rock and roll, it doesn't matter. Having a couple of friends would be great, I would certainly go up to Elvis' room, have a lay down for a couple of minutes, not too long though. I don't know if I could bring myself to go into the bathroom, that would seem a little disrespectful, to me anyway. The thing that I would like to take with me, is a pillow that Elvis had slept on.
    Carolyn
    "Walk A Block In My Socks"

O..........great idea a pillow.............o no girl that pillow is mine.......... :wink:

I can't be trusted when visiting famous places... Embarassing but I was 14 and "Dawson's Creek" was all the rage so when I finally got to visit the set in North Carolina, I licked a locker and stole a chunk of wicker off of a chair on the main character's Dawson's porch.

I don't know what I'd do if I got to spend the night at Graceland...I'd probably be full of ideas if the opportunity arose though lol But I know I wouldn't take anything...um...nah...I'd have a flat bed truck and his 9-foot bed would be mine! 8)

- Stacy-J
    We had the chance to fall
    But fate stepped in to end it all
    Before it could begin

</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("LisaMarie")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>And if you could take one thing with you, what would it be?[/b][/quote]

You!

Tom

Backstage Pass
    wow&#33; great thread , As a few people have mentioned , it&#39;d be great just to go and spend some time in Elvis&#39; room, and if I could, I would take Linda Thompson with me (Does this count?) :o
    "When You Let Your Head get Too Big, It'll Break your Neck" Elvis Presley.

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    O man..... how great would that be.... a whole night in Graceland...

I think I would try to live a day like Elvis would have lived during the time-offs between tours. Shoot some pool, play some racketball, meditate in the garden..... it&#39;s a shame I can&#39;t play piano, otherwise it would be stunning to play some on the big piano in the house, or the piano in the racketball building.

Of course I would like to eat what the King used to eat. It speaks for itself that I would spend some time in the King&#39;s bedroom and bathroom. But I wouldn&#39;t sleep there. I think I&#39;d choose the room where the bodyguards used to sleep, or the room where Charlie Hodge lived.

What I would take with me as a souvenire? I think the piano from the racketball room where Elvis sang "Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain" many, many times on the evening before he passed away.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Originally posted by Albert@Apr 16 2004, 10:06 AM
    What I would take with me as a souvenire? I think the piano from the racketball room
    Won&#39;t fit your suitcase

I agree with Bobby. I&#39;d love to set up the musicians in the Jungle Room and do some recording. That would be something&#33;

I think everyone would have a look around the upstairs bedroom. It would be good to see how it was when Elvis was in there. How cool would it be to shoot some pool and wander around the house without the visitors?

I wouldn&#39;t sleep on Elvis&#39;s bed - or anywhere&#33; The whole experience would keep me awake all night&#33;

It would be hard to say what you would take, if you were allowed. I&#39;d be tempted to keep the &#39;Mexican Sundial&#39; jumpsuit. That was one he wore more than any other, and the last one he wore for a performance. The only problem would be, you would have to display it again for the fans. It wouldn&#39;t be fair to prevent them from seeing it.

I think I would have to play a few of Elvis&#39;s guitars. I can&#39;t play that well - but it would be great to pick them up and strum them a little.

Good thread Lisa&#33;
    Too much monkey business for me to be involved in

Mad Tigers
    i think i would take my btother we have both been to gracelands but we have never managed to go together.
    like everyone else i would take in each room in my own time soaking it all in.
    but what if i needed the toilet would i dare use the one in elvis&#39;s beedroom

what would i take i think the china tiger from the jungle room i think thats just great.
    MY BOY,MY BOY

oh dreams sweet sweet dreams
    This is my dream dream of my life - to visit Elvis&#39; home - beautiful Graceland&#33;&#33;&#33;Oh-h-h-h. Hope it happened someday maybe soon.
    'My music is why I was put on this earth' Elvis Presley

Elvis from Russia
    www.elvispresley.ru

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast