Thread: elvis jewelry ... question(s)

elvis jewelry ... question(s)

dear all,

hope i don't repeat a topic (but couldn't find a matching thread).

the square shaped ring in this pic really caught my eye and i wonder if anybody can provide more info on / a better photo of it.

thanks in advance, ellie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails square shaped ring.jpg   !cid_011401c7ee1f$8875d910$1402a8c0@DESKTOP.jpg  

That's the so called "Russian Czar" ring. It was a present given to Elvis by the Iranian Sjah. Elvis wore it several times throughout 1974, 1975 and 1976
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1975 Russian Czar ring.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    That's the so called "Russian Czar" ring. It was a present given to Elvis by the Iranian Sjah. Elvis wore it several times throughout 1974, 1975 and 1976

you ARE omniscient, leroy!

the iranian sjah sent elvis a present!? never heard of that before LOL. makes him look a bit nicer.

your postings are indeed like school lessons - of the very enjoyable kind.

thank you very much & hugs, ellie

PS do you happen to know if the ring is still in EPE's possession or did elvis give it away?
    Last edited by EDOEP; 09-03-2007 at 10:22 AM. Reason: PS added

Elvis gave the ring away when he learned that the gouvernment of Iran wasn't really respecting human rights.

As far as I know the Sjah gave Elvis the ring in person. But I don't know on which occasion......

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Cool info Leroy thank you.

Great stuff.
    Thanks Leroy.
    "Mr Dickman certainly can take care of himself."

cool indeed, again thanks a lot, leroy!

never heard elvis met him nor that the 'emperor' was an elvis fan. not surprised though that elvis decided to give the ring away when he became aware of the iranian regime's political orientation.

there are many many facts that speak against the 'sjah' and his regime (which i am certainly not a fan of), but this present shows that during his reign the iran was a far more liberal* than it has been since his eviction.

* whatever the term 'liberal' could mean in this context.

Quote Originally Posted by EDOEP View Post
    cool indeed, again thanks a lot, leroy!

never heard elvis met him nor that the 'emperor' was an elvis fan. not surprised though that elvis decided to give the ring away when he became aware of the iranian regime's political orientation.

there are many many facts that speak against the 'sjah' and his regime (which i am certainly not a fan of), but this present shows that during his reign the iran was a far more liberal* than it has been since his eviction.

* whatever the term 'liberal' could mean in this context.
    Well,the expulsion of the Shah set up the ascension of the Ayatollah Khomeini. I'd say the Shah would have been the better choice for certain.

Without wanting to start a political discussion I think you are right Scatter. But although the Sjah was very western oriented and in no way an enemy of the free western world, he did have a very violent way of getting rid of the oppositionin his homeland. In name the Republic of Iran was a democracy, in fact it was a dictatorship.

Without wanting to start a political discussion I think you are right Scatter. But although the Sjah was very western oriented and in no way an enemy of the free western world, he did have a very violent way of getting rid of the oppositionin his homeland. In name the Republic of Iran was a democracy, in fact it was a dictatorship.
    i agree with you both - 100%. the regime following him was a step back (or 2 or 3 ...). wonder what the country would look like a quarter of a century later had he not been expelled.

@leroy: saw you responded to my new request in another forum. look forward to learn more and certainly will hang on
    i don't suffer from insanity - i enjoy every minute of it

lapel pin

another question - not exactly 'jewelry' but a lapel pin i saw on one of the 'his hand in mine' photo session close ups (see gallery publicity early 60s http://www.tcb-world.com/gallery/sho...p?i=43111&c=44)

does anybody know what for it was given to elvis and / or what it represents? not his usual kind of flashy 'decoration'. looks somehow 'official'.

your help will be highly appreciated.

hugs, ellie
    i don't suffer from insanity - i enjoy every minute of it

Quote Originally Posted by EDOEP View Post
    another question - not exactly 'jewelry' but a lapel pin i saw on one of the 'his hand in mine' photo session close ups (see gallery publicity early 60s http://www.tcb-world.com/gallery/sho...p?i=43111&c=44)

does anybody know what for it was given to elvis and / or what it represents? not his usual kind of flashy 'decoration'. looks somehow 'official'.

hugs, ellie
    Wow, I have never EVER noticed that before
    It looks great, although it looks official. Not flashy is good...lol, at least I think so.
    I think that his 70s jewelery was too much blink blink lol....not all of it of course
    I would like to know about the pin more too, thanks Ellie for the question

This is in regards to the jewelry he wore in the "Aloha" show:

We all know he wore the large square "horseshoe" ring on his left hand but what were the other rings he wore on his right hand and where are they now??

Elvis gave the ring away when he learned that the gouvernment of Iran wasn't really respecting human rights.

As far as I know the Sjah gave Elvis the ring in person. But I don't know on which occasion......
    and THEY say Elvis was not politically minded. What great information. Elvis rarely disappoints me! Thanks for the into Leroy.

Just pretend, I'm holding you, and whispering things soft and low.
    And think of me, how it's gonna be and just pretend I didn't go

Leroy, would this by any chance be the same Sjah that gave Elvis the sheik outfit we see in photos?

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Leroy, would this by any chance be the same Sjah that gave Elvis the sheik outfit we see in photos?

Diane
    That outfit was a gift? I thought it was his costume from Harem Scarem. Interesting! Also, in Ellie's photo, Elvis has the palm of his hand wrapped. Any idea why? Had he hurt himself?

Just pretend, I'm holding you, and whispering things soft and low.
    And think of me, how it's gonna be and just pretend I didn't go

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by marijaep View Post
    Wow, I have never EVER noticed that before
    It looks great, although it looks official. Not flashy is good...lol, at least I think so.
    I think that his 70s jewelery was too much blink blink lol....not all of it of course
    I would like to know about the pin more too, thanks Ellie for the question
    Elvis wore this pin quite a bit in the early '60s, have a look at one of the photos in the 60s boxset, as I understand it, it signifys that he had become
    a karate black belt, & being proud of the fact he wanted people to know.