Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Elvis, "It's Midnight" and he says " listen Cilla"

Elvis, "It's Midnight" and he says " listen Cilla"

This was shared by Keith Kivell on my loveforelvis yahoo group....wanted to share with you guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3Exr4sq8oY

Loving elvis
    Wonderful, thanks for sharing.

I've heard this version before...It's so...painful He was hurt and this shows that it wasn't only his ego (it's from 1974) but that he truly loved her...But hey, that's my opinion.
    Anyway...if you listen very carefully, you can hear that he says something else on 2:02 min...I don't know what exactly Touching version, thanks for sharing

Marija

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    I've always been a little surprised by that, that he would so publicly reach out to her like that. It's one thing to introduce her to the audience and say they still have a great relationship, that their undoing wasn't about another man, that they bought each other these awesome gifts, etc. But to direct those lines to her, giving the impression to all that he wanted her back and allowing them to think that maybe were still apart because she didn't want him back...that is what is surprising.

I should note that I don't necessarily think he actually wanted that. Maybe he did want that for a while, or maybe he wanted her to think that, or maybe he was just being dramatic--who knows?
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Coming On Strong
    I`ve always thought he was very serious in that comment........he really did love her

I like this song, and the same as what Lonniebealestreet says, i don't think he would have done something like that, because he didn't like the media messing with his life, like when he actually told everyone what actually happened beteen him and Priscilla, he did it to stop rumours.

Well, thanks for sharing, i enjoyed it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    This was shared by Keith Kivell on my loveforelvis yahoo group....wanted to share with you guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3Exr4sq8oY
    Thanks for the link!
    ...you're moving on the back roads, by the rivers of my memory and for hours you're just gentle on my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by marijaep View Post
    I've heard this version before...It's so...painful He was hurt and this shows that it wasn't only his ego (it's from 1974) but that he truly loved her...But hey, that's my opinion.
    Anyway...if you listen very carefully, you can hear that he says something else on 2:02 min...I don't know what exactly Touching version, thanks for sharing

Marija
    At 2:02 is he saying..."dedicate this song to Cilla"? If you turn down the bass that's kind of what it sounds like. I dunno. Wish it was for me........
    ...you're moving on the back roads, by the rivers of my memory and for hours you're just gentle on my mind.

glad you guys liked it...first time I've ever heard it and I saved it into my favorites....yes he was being very personal on this one...he sounded hurt, he regretted his marriage falling apart because I think deep down, he is the southern gentleman and wanted the marriage and family.....

I agree. He wanted the family to go home to.

This version is from the infamous DESERT STORM from his closing night Sept. 2, 1974.

Elvis is obviously wacked out of his mind during this performance.

This is also where he addresses the rumours floating around that he was STRUNG OUT and that he would pull that person's "G'**************** Tongue Out By The Roots..."

It is a highly embarrassing moment for Elvis and his fans to have to listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Creole View Post
    This version is from the infamous DESERT STORM from his closing night Sept. 2, 1974.

Elvis is obviously wacked out of his mind during this performance.

This is also where he addresses the rumours floating around that he was STRUNG OUT and that he would pull that person's "G'**************** Tongue Out By The Roots..."

It is a highly embarrassing moment for Elvis and his fans to have to listen to.
    I will make one comment on this and that is I have listened to the whole show called Desert Storm and IMO did not find him to sound "wacked out" There are others who did not think so who were actually there that night. One reputable person who was there was May Mann, a Hollywood reporter who wrote about this incident in a movie magazine-right after it happened. She was there that night and she did not describe him as "wacked out" She did tell that Elvis was mad about heroin rumors and had lashed out verbally at rumor mongers in general. Everyone has there own view and take upon listening to something like this. Many just do not hear it as "wacked out" I have heard a couple concerts where Elvis did sound very bad-but IMO this is not one.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I will make one comment on this and that is I have listened to the whole show called Desert Storm and IMO did not find him to sound "wacked out" There are others who did not think so who were actually there that night. One reputable person who was there was May Mann, a Hollywood reporter who wrote about this incident in a movie magazine-right after it happened. She was there that night and she did not describe him as "wacked out" She did tell that Elvis was mad about heroin rumors and had lashed out verbally at rumor mongers in general. Everyone has there own view and take upon listening to something like this. Many just do not hear it as "wacked out" I have heard a couple concerts where Elvis did sound very bad-but IMO this is not one.
    Perhaps you should try hard and listen again ...

Of note: May Mann would hardly be someone I would call reputable.

She also claimed many times, (and wrote 2 books), she was one of Elvis' best friends !

Joe Esposito anyone ???

Ok, tell me another one ...

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Creole View Post
    Perhaps you should try hard and listen again ...

Of note: May Mann would hardly be someone I would call reputable.

She also claimed many times, (and wrote 2 books), she was one of Elvis' best friends !

Joe Esposito anyone ???

Ok, tell me another one ...
    I listerned to the desert storm, to but didn't think he was wacked out. He was just letting people know what he wasn't happy about, after all he was human.

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    I listerned to the desert storm, to but didn't think he was wacked out. He was just letting people know what he wasn't happy about, after all he was human.
    I agree with you Jen

Anybody that listens to Desert Storm and says Elvis isnt stoned that night absolutely refuses to see the truth.That is one recording that I wish never would have surfaced.I bought the Baxter release when it was first released.I was absolutely shocked when I played it.It's an audio document of Elvis slipping away and losing control.Nothing about his behaviour that night can be justified as him merely "venting" his frustrations.This is when his drug use got to a point that he could no longer be counted on to function properly on stage.The signs were there before 74, but when Elvis allowed himself to go on stage in that condition it was a lost battle.That's not a slam or just my opinion,it's the way it was.You cant change history by trying to explain things away because you want to sympathize with Elvis.
    Jak

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    Anybody that listens to Desert Storm and says Elvis isnt stoned that night absolutely refuses to see the truth.That is one recording that I wish never would have surfaced.I bought the Baxter release when it was first released.I was absolutely shocked when I played it.It's an audio document of Elvis slipping away and losing control.Nothing about his behaviour that night can be justified as him merely "venting" his frustrations.This is when his drug use got to a point that he could no longer be counted on to function properly on stage.The signs were there before 74, but when Elvis allowed himself to go on stage in that condition it was a lost battle.That's not a slam or just my opinion,it's the way it was.You cant change history by trying to explain things away because you want to sympathize with Elvis.
    Jak
    Finally, a sense of logic and reason ...

Some people just can't see the light !

HI
    After the song he says, that the song is NOT personal, BUT it sounds VERY much like it...
    Just like the way he sang "Are you lonesome tonight" On tour 1972.....I always thought, that it`s a VERY personal performance....brings tears to my eyes every time I watch/listen to it (From the lost performances DVD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX56UwrGMIE

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    Anybody that listens to Desert Storm and says Elvis isn't stoned that night absolutely refuses to see the truth.That is one recording that I wish never would have surfaced.I bought the Baxter release when it was first released.I was absolutely shocked when I played it.It's an audio document of Elvis slipping away and losing control.Nothing about his behaviour that night can be justified as him merely "venting" his frustrations.This is when his drug use got to a point that he could no longer be counted on to function properly on stage.The signs were there before 74, but when Elvis allowed himself to go on stage in that condition it was a lost battle.That's not a slam or just my opinion,it's the way it was.You cant change history by trying to explain things away because you want to sympathize with Elvis.
    Jak

Absolutely 100% dead-on with this post, Jak!!

If Elvis had been "straight" that night I can guarantee you that we would have never heard language like that coming from him onstage.....

Coming On Strong
    Wacked out or not (though i think he was) there were UK fans there that night who thought the show had a great edge to it, and was far from the car wreck of a show some people think it was, when listening to the boot of the show.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast