Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: "Suspicious Minds"--Last Time Performed Live?

  1. #1
    Resident SP! Tony Trout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Brasstown/Murphy, North Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    2,941

    "Suspicious Minds"--Last Time Performed Live?

    Could anyone tell me when Elvis performed, "Suspicious Minds" live in concert?? I saw a supposed set list from Lincoln, NE on June 20, 1977 that had the song listed (from another website) but that's got to be an obvious error.....

    Anybody have any info??

  2. #2
    TCB Mafia toffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Europe -> Norway
    Posts
    1,047
    The last time Suspicious minds was performed live was as you say June 20, 1977 ,Lincoln NE in Pershing Municipal Auditorium, but that was just an "excerpt". The real time it was performed live was on August 19 1975 in Las vegas at Hilton Hotel

    Toffe
    Taking Care of Business
    Til we meet you again, may God bless you, Adios.

  3. #3
    International Level thehillbillycat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Byron, Georgia
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    Could anyone tell me when Elvis performed, "Suspicious Minds" live in concert?? I saw a supposed set list from Lincoln, NE on June 20, 1977 that had the song listed (from another website) but that's got to be an obvious error.....

    Anybody have any info??

    Suspicious Minds was last performed on August 19, 1975 during the Dinner Show. The audio is available on CD on the album titled Loving You. Also, video from the performance is also available.

  4. #4
    ksimms2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Homosassa, FL
    Posts
    2,408
    Man, I tell you, I am so impressed by all the knowledge that floats around in here. you guys know so much about Elvis' songs/jumpsuits/movies, etc. I'm in awe!

  5. #5

    .

    Quote Originally Posted by Elvislennon2004 View Post
    Suspicious Minds was last performed on August 19, 1975 during the Dinner Show. The audio is available on CD on the album titled Loving You. Also, video from the performance is also available.
    Here is a video of the performance.

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=1Uptrrz5tAs

    I seem to remember either a one-liner or an aborted attempt from '76 (or even '77?) but the memory is hazy.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  6. #6
    TCB Mafia toffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Europe -> Norway
    Posts
    1,047
    Thank you Getlo!
    Taking Care of Business
    Til we meet you again, may God bless you, Adios.

  7. #7
    TCB Mafia Burning_Love's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England, uk
    Posts
    2,390
    Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    Man, I tell you, I am so impressed by all the knowledge that floats around in here. you guys know so much about Elvis' songs/jumpsuits/movies, etc. I'm in awe!
    Yup, I agree totally.
    Thanks everyone

Similar Threads

  1. "Suspicious Minds" question
    By nashville cat in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-16-2006, 03:08 PM
  2. "Live a Little, Love a Little'' or "Stay Away Joe"?
    By elvis fan 1976 in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-07-2006, 05:21 PM
  3. "Suspicious Minds" When this song came out in stereo
    By curtis simpkins in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-28-2004, 07:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •