Thread: Back from Memphis

Backstage Pass lawdy_missclawdy's Avatar

Back from Memphis

Two days ago I returned from the best vacation ever! I came home to cold Denmark after two ? week in America! One week in Memphis, two days in Las Vegas and a week on Honolulu.

And I just fell in love with Memphis! The mood among the thousands of fans was just amazing. I visited Graceland three times, and I was also at the candlelight vigil. Even though we had to give up going the whole way through, it was still a unique and touching moment to stand there outside the gates, my candlelight in the air, listening to Elvis sing "If I Can Dream". And all the Elvis shops and museums was just like being in seventh heaven to me! I tell you, I almost had overweight in my suitcase on our way home.

Beale Street is every musicfan's dream. There was so much life and energy in that street. One night we sat in a restaurant, and the 68 comeback show was playing on the tv. The volume was turned very much up, but I could barely hear the sound, because the music from the street was so loud. But it was a lot of fun!

And then there was the concert at the FedEx Forum! I can't describe it with words. It was my first time at one of these "big screen"-concerts. And it was one of the best thing about the whole vacation. Just another big reminder of why I love Elvis so much!

Being at the Sun Studio was also an amazing experience. To be there where not only Elvis, but also so many other great artists, such as Jerry Lee Lewis and Johnny Cash has recorded. I grabbed the microphone and sang "That's Alright Mama" while italian tvreporters were filming me. God, I was nervous, but I don't regret it at all. It was so fun, and a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

Then it was off to Las Vegas. Which was pretty cool, but two days was just not enough time!! But I experienced New York, Venice, Paris and Greece all at the same time by just being in Vegas!

And Honolulu was just as I had imagined. The weather was lovely, the waves in the water was huge, and people were running around with their surfboards on their heads. But my most favorite hang-out place was ... no, not the beach. The Rock Island Caf? Totally 50s-inspired, Elvis everywhere, and the funniest waitresses I've ever met!

I bought home a Hawaii-garland, not real flowers, but i thought it was beautiful. Untill I read the sign hanging on the garland. Bought in Honolulu, "made in China".

Thank you for listening. I just wanted to share the best vacation ever with all my Elvis friends! I had this picture made in a store right across Graceland. And I'm personally very satisfied with the result!! Elvis and me

By missclawdy93 at 2007-09-01
    "It is no secret what God can do,
    and I believe there will be peace in the valley some day,
    so take my hand, precious lord, lead me and guide me."

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l4...is/twoebut.gif Please visit (:

Welcome back
    I was also in Memphis for Elvis week and it was just fantastic. This was my second time there and it was just as good. There is something very addictive about Graceland, you just want to keep going to it.
    I was also at the concert in the fedex - what a concert, absolutely brilliant.
    I love your photo, it looks so real
    ELVIS THE KING - TODAY TOMORROW & FOREVER

Hi MissClawdy, Sounds like you had a great trip!
    I wish I could have been there too...the feeling of taking part in the vigil must be awsome

Rising Sun

Quote Originally Posted by lawdy_missclawdy View Post
    Two days ago I returned from the best vacation ever! I came home to cold Denmark after two ? week in America! One week in Memphis, two days in Las Vegas and a week on Honolulu.

And I just fell in love with Memphis! The mood among the thousands of fans was just amazing. I visited Graceland three times, and I was also at the candlelight vigil. Even though we had to give up going the whole way through, it was still a unique and touching moment to stand there outside the gates, my candlelight in the air, listening to Elvis sing "If I Can Dream". And all the Elvis shops and museums was just like being in seventh heaven to me! I tell you, I almost had overweight in my suitcase on our way home.

Beale Street is every musicfan's dream. There was so much life and energy in that street. One night we sat in a restaurant, and the 68 comeback show was playing on the tv. The volume was turned very much up, but I could barely hear the sound, because the music from the street was so loud. But it was a lot of fun!

And then there was the concert at the FedEx Forum! I can't describe it with words. It was my first time at one of these "big screen"-concerts. And it was one of the best thing about the whole vacation. Just another big reminder of why I love Elvis so much!

Being at the Sun Studio was also an amazing experience. To be there where not only Elvis, but also so many other great artists, such as Jerry Lee Lewis and Johnny Cash has recorded. I grabbed the microphone and sang "That's Alright Mama" while italian tvreporters were filming me. God, I was nervous, but I don't regret it at all. It was so fun, and a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

Then it was off to Las Vegas. Which was pretty cool, but two days was just not enough time!! But I experienced New York, Venice, Paris and Greece all at the same time by just being in Vegas!

And Honolulu was just as I had imagined. The weather was lovely, the waves in the water was huge, and people were running around with their surfboards on their heads. But my most favorite hang-out place was ... no, not the beach. The Rock Island Caf? Totally 50s-inspired, Elvis everywhere, and the funniest waitresses I've ever met!

I bought home a Hawaii-garland, not real flowers, but i thought it was beautiful. Untill I read the sign hanging on the garland. Bought in Honolulu, "made in China".

Thank you for listening. I just wanted to share the best vacation ever with all my Elvis friends! I had this picture made in a store right across Graceland. And I'm personally very satisfied with the result!! Elvis and me

By missclawdy93 at 2007-09-01
    Hi Isabella
    YAY you are back
    Lol, i should have watched you singing on Rai-Uno I'm sure it was great, anyway!
    I am happy you had a wonderful time and I am giving you a WARM welcome back hehe
    I'm sure that visiting Graceland is a very exciting thing and that makes you twice more a fan then you were before you went to Graceland (If that's possible lol)
    The picture looks awesome ! I want one too

See you around,
    Hugs,
    Marija

P.S : Thanks for sharing your story

Roustabouts
    I was there too - it was just wonderful - and very hot!!!! But despite the weather the place was magic......the Vigil was the highlight for me - we stood for almost 6 hours but we did it for Elvis.....and the Concert was amazing too - the Fed-Ex is a great arena.....visits to Sun, Tupelo and all the other Elvis sites in Memphis, as well as sharing the whole week with a special friend made this the time of my life!
    Jean

Co-Manager.....www.ultimate-elvis.net

Welcome back lawdy_missclawdy

I'm so happy you had such a wonderful holiday!

Thank you for sharing your holiday with us.

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Thanks for sharing your trip to Memphis with us. Hey, great Picture.. I was going to do that too when I was there but there were so many people standing in line.. I did not want to take the time to wait. Your picture really turned out great. (Wish I had waited ~~~ ) Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

welcome back, glad you had a great time! I was not fortunate enough to go to Graceland during Elvis week, but I was fortunate enough to go this past June and it was amazing! I can only imagine what it was like during Elvis week and the candlelight vigil.....I also got my pic done with Elvis....(attached I think)......thanks for sharing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kelly & Elvis.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	360.1 KB 
ID:	18655

Ahhh...thank you so much for sharing this. And I LOVE the pic... Sounds as if you had a wonderful vacation...too bad we all weren't there with you...lol, not sure Memphis could handle this whole gang...

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

re

thanks for sharing you nice story,and i'm happy you had a great time
    Wish I could be there during Elvis Week,would have been great
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

Welcome Welcome Back..!!!

Memphis is a dream, i have been there once and that's when my fascination started ! Beale street, well the atmosphere truly is great. And Graceland - tear jerking.

Thanks for your story, it was great. Vegas is great, i know what you mean, you go to every hotel and it's like being in different countries LOL

Danielle x

Coming On Strong
    Glad you enjoyed your trip ..no doubt you are saving for the next time!

lawdy_missclawdy thanks for sharing your memories of your trip with us, i hope to go one day to. i love your picyure.
    elvislady

Thank you for sharing memories of your trip to Memphis with us. The picture of you with Elvis is lovely.

Diane

Welcome back, Isabella! Thanks, for sharing your memories and pic, I'm happy you had a great time and enjoyed your vacation!

franny