franny

In part 2 of his long interview with EIN, Sonny talks about:

Elvis and politics
    Elvis and bipolar disorder
    the Memphis Mafia
    sums up those in Elvis' inner circle
    the real reason why the Colonel worked Elvis so hard
    Elvis' death
    Elvis post 16 August 1977 - the conspiracy theories and claims by Dee Presley
    Sonny's new DVD and website (Interviews, Source: EIN)
    http://www.elvisinfonet.com/intervie...007_part2.html

I dislike Sonny he was one of the three who did the book that put Elvis down when he was already battling health problems, emotional problems and still trying to keep the ball rolling to pay the salaries of all those depending on him. They said they wrote it to wake him up-to me that sounds like an excuse to cover their actions which were mostly out of anger and frustrations at losing a cushy job.

Loving elvis
    Thanks for the link franny.

Thanks for the link Franny ........ interesting!

Diane

TCB Mafia
    I dislike Sonny a great deal, watching his face in the interviews. In my opinion he is smug, justifying his deeds, changing his story, depending on who he is talking with. I've watched what is available, of late, and I'm completely unimpressed, as are a lot of people, especially on that Loop.

His well rehearsed and smug speaking style, in my opinion, just grrrrrr

Spoke with SM a while back, a comment re Sonny saying he loves a particular MM is not true, in fact he says he is a mean b*, so he stabs even those whom he speaks to often on the phone, in the back, in private. Telling, huh?

The whole thing is a mess, I wish I had the skills to fix it all, take it all away. All I can say is that I love Elvisb, as do many people. We all have/had "other breeds" in our lives like that, it is something hurtful, beyond that, no words, as I get upset with it all. The general public, not being famous, just don't get to have their personal business splattered everywhere, as people aren't interested (obviously). That is the difference in my opinion, broadly speaking. (Lots of lies told I believe too, oh heck).

If it helps, what I do, is I feel the love I know I have for those who love me, and I love, and my animals. That is what is important, and yes, screw anyone else.

The fans are always there, no matter what, and included in those fans are some very special fans, who love him dearly, nearly as much as me! (nah, impossible, lol)

ly
    Kim

Wish I had the words, my heart just breaks for all of this. Love, love, love.

The fans aren't stupid, they see through it all for what it is and no matter what is said, whether true or not, partly true, or out and out lie, their love for Elvis, as can be read in the replies.

Their love overlaps, undoes, helps heal the feelings the negativity, which are the people making money off Elvis, and wanting their fifteen minutes of fame, by that "other breed". They still continue to backbite each other and be spiteful, if their authority is questioned by another of their long term "friends". In my opinion, they appear to be like bulls in a pit. Leave them to it.

Amen Jess I agree with you 110%

Thanks for the link !!
    I like Sonny West, down-to-earth. I like Red too, he was a great man !!

thanks for the link, I read both parts of the interview and it was interesting.....I've read other accounts of things that has happened during Elvis career/life - stories told by other MM and pretty much they are the same.....atleast the "points" I've read by them....seem to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Burning_Love View Post
    Thanks for the link !!
    I like Sonny West, down-to-earth. I like Red too, he was a great man !!

I like them, too. I do not agree with what they did and think it was pretty sorry of 'em, but I think they really did care for him all in all.
    ...you're moving on the back roads, by the rivers of my memory and for hours you're just gentle on my mind.

Interesting . I was interested in hearing Sonny out and pre ordered his book the first week or so I heard about it. Then a few days before it came out I heard he was promoting it at one point with that Fat Elvis guy. I didn't care for that so I canceled the book only to get an email that it already shipped. So I figured what the heck and read it and liked it. I thought maybe he's not such a bad guy , then I read part one, and now part two of the interview and to me he comes off sortta jerky in the interview. So I don't really know what to think but I have met a couple of people in my life I have thought were great writing a report or a book but in real life they seemed jerky or abrasive. So maybe he's just not a great talker and its coming though . I dunno.....

Quote Originally Posted by JDD View Post
    Interesting . I was interested in hearing Sonny out and pre ordered his book the first week or so I heard about it. Then a few days before it came out I heard he was promoting it at one point with that Fat Elvis guy. I didn't care for that so I canceled the book only to get an email that it already shipped. So I figured what the heck and read it and liked it. I thought maybe he's not such a bad guy , then I read part one, and now part two of the interview and to me he comes off sortta jerky in the interview. So I don't really know what to think but I have met a couple of people in my life I have thought were great writing a report or a book but in real life they seemed jerky or abrasive. So maybe he's just not a great talker and its coming though . I dunno.....
    That's true. Some people are not good at talking (like me), especially in public. I'll talk alot and cut up in a small group, but freeze if I'm in the spotlight. I really liked the book, too.
    ...you're moving on the back roads, by the rivers of my memory and for hours you're just gentle on my mind.

TCB Mafia

In my opinion, he is "smooth".

The book, wasn't authored by Sonny only?

Kim

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    In my opinion, he is "smooth".

The book, wasn't authored by Sonny only?

Kim

No he talked and Marshall Terrill did the actual writing . Terrill has done tons of that kind of thing he's big in writing the boxing champions "Auto Biographies"

TCB Mafia
    No he talked and Marshall Terrill did the actual writing . Terrill has done tons of that kind of thing he's big in writing the boxing champions "Auto Biographies"

Thanks, JDD.

Jess

Thanks franny for the link, it was very interesting interview.
    elvislady

Quote Originally Posted by TLC67 View Post
    I like them, too. I do not agree with what they did and think it was pretty sorry of 'em, but I think they really did care for him all in all.

Yeah i agree

Thanks for the link...it was interesting.

I will with-hold my true opinion of Sonny...because I get too mad to discuss it. I have never believed that EWH was written solely for the purpose of "waking" Elvis up so that he would change his lifestyle. Face it folks...the "bread and butter" was gone. For them, it was when they got fired. For the rest, it was when Elvis died. Either way, no matter what your opinion is, it seems apparent to me that they are still LIVING off of him. All of this generates a living for them...and puts them in the spotlight for a little while. IMO these men (the MM) for the most part, are sad little creatures who need to make a life for themselves and quit depending on a "legend" to pay their bills....

Sorry if this post is offensive to anyone...there are just some things that light me up...and this is one of them.

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    Thanks for the link...it was interesting.

I will with-hold my true opinion of Sonny...because I get too mad to discuss it. I have never believed that EWH was written solely for the purpose of "waking" Elvis up so that he would change his lifestyle. Face it folks...the "bread and butter" was gone. For them, it was when they got fired. For the rest, it was when Elvis died. Either way, no matter what your opinion is, it seems apparent to me that they are still LIVING off of him. All of this generates a living for them...and puts them in the spotlight for a little while. IMO these men (the MM) for the most part, are sad little creatures who need to make a life for themselves and quit depending on a "legend" to pay their bills....

Sorry if this post is offensive to anyone...there are just some things that light me up...and this is one of them.
    Theres something we both agree in

You're welcome, everyone!

I don't know what to think about Sonny, he comes across as speaking his mind and I agree the book EWH was going too far IMO, even if it was true, did all those details have to come out in a book? They must have known Elvis would be hurt, by it...

In Joe Esposito's new book Straight Up, Joe states "I have seen Elvis angry, broken up, and devastated with sorrow, but this incident had him on the tiles"...

franny

My feeling is that Sonny comes across straight and down to earth but may be a charmer and has a twisted version of what he wants to put out there making himself look much better than what he really was and is.

Somehow I have more respect for his cousin Red who pretty much stays out of the limelight.

Diane

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast