Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Two different Aloha Suits and Liberace cape?

International Level thehillbillycat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    The Aloha belt that Jack Lord owned is still within the family.

Can anyone support this story?

Only the belt Elvis threw into the crowd are accounted for.
    Elvis never threw the original belt in the crowd at all. He gave it to Jack Lord on January 10. A day after he arrived in Hawaii. The belt that he threw in the crowd has never been located. It is strongly believe that it is still in private hands. Who that person is, that is the question.

But as I have said, The Original Aloha belt is still owned by the family of Jack Lord. Why is this a fact. Ok, 1. as I have said, Jack Lord showed the belt during a interview so the story of him recieving the belt is fact. 2. The belt was located two years after he passed away during a tribute anniversary of his death in 2001. It is owned now by a relative of Jack Lord who said this about it:

Marie (Jack Lord's widow) gave the belt away a few months before the auction to her cousin. She knew that it meant so much to Jack and that it should stay with in the family.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvislennon2004 View Post
    I would not believe word over there at all. They want you believe what they said. There has been proof of three Aloha suits. The two that is display at Graceland is what I would call the first and third suits. I say this because:

1. The Rehearsal Suit was worn first and the other suit was worn during the 1973/1974 tours.

The actual Aloha Suit the he wore in the telecast has never been display at Graceland to my knowledge.

Now, if you ever noticed. Graceland folks can never make up there minds at all. Some times when you see the third suit that it is display with either the later belt for the suit or with the 1969 Gold Attendance Belt.

I bet he believes Graceland when they say that Elvis recieve the Gold Attendence Belt in 1970 when actually he receieve it in 1969.

He believes that they wouldn't lie about these things but when given proof of certain things they still back up what they say.

He says that Ed Parker got the original Aloha belt when actually Jack Lord got it. Jack Lord even showed the belt on TV a few years before he passed away and said that this is the original belt and not the one he threw into the audience. Jack Lord did recieve another belt too later on from Elvis. The Aloha belt that Jack Lord owned is still within the family.

I would say take the word for a expert on jumpsuits like Leroy then anyone from FECC who thinks the people at Graceland tell 100% truth.
    I have read in the Book "Elvis Day by Day" that Elvis was presented the Gold Championship Attendance Belt on Monday Sept. 7th, 1970 after his 3rd sold out Las Vegas stint at the International. What date do you have in 69 for this? I can not recall seeing Elvis in a picture wear this belt until Elvis visited Washington and saw Nixon Dec. 1970.(but that doe not mean he didn't just I've never seen a pic) It would seem he would have worn it before then in public if he had got it in 69?

I would not believe word over there at all. They want you believe what they said. There has been proof of three Aloha suits. The two that is display at Graceland is what I would call the first and third suits. I say this because:

1. The Rehearsal Suit was worn first and the other suit was worn during the 1973/1974 tours.

The actual Aloha Suit the he wore in the telecast has never been display at Graceland to my knowledge.

I'm confused now....are you saying that one of the suits that Graceland has on display as being the actual "Aloha" suit isn't the suit that he wore in the main show on January 14, 1973??

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    I'm confused now....are you saying that one of the suits that Graceland has on display as being the actual "Aloha" suit isn't the suit that he wore in the main show on January 14, 1973??

You are quick and smart. That is exactly what I and Leroy is saying. The photo of the two suits side by side in the display case which I believe you have seen by now. The one on the left is not the one he wore during the Aloha telecast. That is what Leroy and I have been saying.

Here is the second post from this topic by Leroy:
    One thing is true: The suit on the left was never used during the Aloha Special. It is a suit made for touring and this was indeed a larger version.

But Elvis did use two different suits during both performances because at first two versions were made. One for the 12th and one for the 14th. If you compare pictures of the rehearsal show with pictures of the satellite show you can see that the pattern on the belly is different.

Where the eagle's tail ends you see two tiny gold stars on each side of the belly. On the reahearsal suit an extra large gold star is present on the right side. That one is missing from the satellite suit.

I also have a copy of the bill of sale dated January 17th, 1973. A bill for two jumpsuits. One with the long cape and one with matching cape.
    Both suits were delivered on time. Elvis never got a bill for something that was not delivered.

Another myth is that Bill Belew designd this suit. This is simply not true because they were designed by Gene Doucette.

So with that being said, Please ask those on FECC if Graceland and EPE are so smart why would they say things like "The White Pyramind was worn at Madison Square Garden". I had a friend to asked the tour guide this question and he told the people Elvis did wear the White Pyramind jumpsuit during the Madison Square Garden concerts.

As for the Gold Attendence Belt KPM, it has already been talked about by Leroy and several other members that the belt wasn't given to Elvis on September 7, 1970.

Let's see if I can get this right.

The key to figure out when he got the belt is in the sideburns.

During 1969, Elvis had smaller sideburns than in 1970.
    Please look at these photos on these links.

This photo is from 1969 during the press conference. Take note on the sideburn. Seems small compare to this from Spetember 9, 1970 which is only two days after supposely when he got the Gold Attendence Belt.

This photo was taken at the Phoenix airport.

Here is another one from Spetember 9, 1970:

Now, with that being said. Look at this photo.

Here is Elvis being given the Gold Attendence Belt as we can see. Note, the sideburn. Smaller than September 7, 1970. When compare to the 1970 photo that was taken at the Phoenix Airport to the "1970" photo of Elvis given the belt, I will put this question to you KPM.

How can sideburns grow that quickly when compare with the photos to prove that the sideburns are completely different from each other?

The evidence is right in front of you. The one in the bottom photo is supposely from September 7, 1970 while the top is 100% from September 9, 1970. So that me, Leroy and several others thinks that Elvis was given the Gold Attendence Belt in 1969 and not in 1970. When in 1969? We really don't know. But as I have said, photos doesn't lie when looking carefully and studing

My hair grows fast. I can get my hair just like Elvis' hair was in 1977 in about three months. I take my hair from my mom. My hair is also thick just as Elvis too. But my hair doesn't grow that fast either. I also don't think anyone else hair grows that fast not even Elvis'. If Elvis hair does grows that fast then as Leroy said on TKC, WE HAVE A NATURAL WONDER!!!!!!

I hope I got what I say right.

Now, does this 100% say that Elvis got his belt in 1969. No it really doesn't but his sideburns does look like a typical 69 look sideburn. But why the photo two days later shows Elvis with bigger sideburns? Quite, a puzzle isn't it. But it does leads towards that Elvis got his belt in 1969. Also, in my book Elvis Day By Day it says the following: History tells that Elvis recieved the Gold Attendence Belt on September 7, 1970 but it has been a doubt about that because of some photos from that dates shows bigger sideburns than the one that was supposely taken on that day. Now, why would that book say that?
    Last edited by thehillbillycat; 09-04-2007 at 07:01 PM.

You are quick and smart. That is exactly what I and Leroy is saying. The photo of the two suits side by side in the display case which I believe you have seen by now. The one on the left is not the one he wore during the Aloha telecast. That is what Leroy and I have been saying.

One thing is true: The suit on the left was never used during the Aloha Special. It is a suit made for touring and this was indeed a larger version.

But Elvis did use two different suits during both performances because at first two versions were made. One for the 12th and one for the 14th. If you compare pictures of the rehearsal show with pictures of the satellite show you can see that the pattern on the belly is different.

Where the eagle's tail ends you see two tiny gold stars on each side of the belly. On the reahearsal suit an extra large gold star is present on the right side. That one is missing from the satellite suit.

I also have a copy of the bill of sale dated January 17th, 1973. A bill for two jumpsuits. One with the long cape and one with matching cape.
    Both suits were delivered on time. Elvis never got a bill for something that was not delivered.

Another myth is that Bill Belew designd this suit. This is simply not true because they were designed by Gene Doucette.

So with that being said, Please ask those on FECC if Graceland and EPE are so smart why would they say things like "The White Pyramind was worn at Madison Square Garden". I had a friend to asked the tour guide this question and he told the people Elvis did wear the White Pyramind jumpsuit during the Madison Square Garden concerts.

As for the Gold Attendence Belt KPM, it has already been talked about by Leroy and several other members that the belt wasn't given to Elvis on September 7, 1970.

Let's see if I can get this right.

The key to figure out when he got the belt is in the sideburns.

During 1969, Elvis had smaller sideburns than in 1970.
    Please look at these photos on these links.

http://www.tcb-world.com/gallery/sho...p?i=33679&c=85
    This photo is from 1969 during the press conference. Take note on the sideburn. Seems small compare to this from Spetember 9, 1970 which is only two days after supposely when he got the Gold Attendence Belt.
    http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/index.ph...e=post&id=1918

Now, with that being said. Look at this photo.
    http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/index.ph...e=post&id=1919

Here is Elvis being given the Gold Attendence Belt as we can see. Note, the sideburn. Smaller than September 7, 1970. When compare to the 1970 photo that was taken at the Phoenix Airport to the "1970" photo of Elvis given the belt, I will put this question to you KPM.

How can sideburns grow that quickly when compare with the photos to prove that the sideburns are completely different from each other?

http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/index.ph...e=post&id=1918
    http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/index.ph...e=post&id=1919

The evidence is right in front of you. The one in the bottom photo is supposely from September 7, 1970 while the top is 100% from September 9, 1970. So that me, Leroy and several others thinks that Elvis was given the Gold Attendence Belt in 1969 and not in 1970. When in 1969? We really don't know. But as I have said, photos doesn't lie when looking carefully and studing

My hair grows fast. My hair is also think just as Elvis. But my hair doesn't grow that fast. I also don't think anyone else hair grows that fast not even Elvis'. If Elvis hair does grows that fast then as Leroy said on TKC, WE HAVE A NATURAL WONDER!!!!!!

I hope I got what I say right.
    Followed your links and was unable to see the pictures, because it said I was not logged in.
    As for pictures being evidence because of sideburns to long or short-I have no clue as to why they might look different. I probably would not be cinvinced by sideburn length anyway. You would convince me if you can find a photo which shows him wearing it earlier than Dec. 1970 when he met Nixon. I have looked thru several books and web sites and there is no picture I can find before the Nixon meeting. You would have to admit it is pretty coincidental that they claim Sept 70 and the first pic is Dec. 70 just a few months later.
    I did find that after his first Vegas engagement was over The Hotel gave him and 8 friends a all expense vacation to Hawaii as a bonus. So all I can say is till a picture crops up that shows him in the belt before the Nixon photo or some definitive info shows up I will go on the assumption that the editors and writers of the "Day by Day" book must have had reason to settle on that date. But thats just my view.

[QUOTE=Elvislennon2004.

Now, does this 100% say that Elvis got his belt in 1969. No it really doesn't but his sideburns does look like a typical 69 look sideburn. But why the photo two days later shows Elvis with bigger sideburns? Quite, a puzzle isn't it. But it does leads towards that Elvis got his belt in 1969. Also, in my book Elvis Day By Day it says the following: History tells that Elvis recieved the Gold Attendence Belt on September 7, 1970 but it has been a doubt about that because of some photos from that dates shows bigger sideburns than the one that was supposely taken on that day. Now, why would that book say that?[/QUOTE]
    Well I'm not sure we are talking about the same book. The one I have is written by Peter Guralnick and Ernst Jorgenson. The text you mention is not in the info for 9-7-70? It mentions that on that date, 9-7-70, the Col. got Elvis an extra $12,500 for a 3:30 third show that night and that the Gold Belt was given. So maybe we are looking at 2 different books. I looked at your pictures and see some difference but its hard to tell distinctly- because there is greater distance in the airport photo and the tilt of his head is very different in both pics and the shadows are also. I think I have a plausable explanation-Elvis combed his sideburns back and up sometimes so that the longer hairs can be seen to kind of curl back toward the ear. But when his hair was not combed so neat or was mussed, the sideburns looked longer & bushier because they just hung down on the sides.
    That would explain the longer/shorter sideburn look.
    Last edited by KPM; 09-04-2007 at 07:26 PM.

I posted another picture from the presentation of the belt in the Gallery. Did not kow how to post it here. In this one because of shadows its also hard to judge hair and sideburn length.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Well I'm not sure we are talking about the same book. The one I have is written by Peter Guralnick and Ernst Jorgenson. The text you mention is not in the info for 9-7-70? It mentions that on that date, 9-7-70, the Col. got Elvis an extra $12,500 for a 3:30 third show that night and that the Gold Belt was given. So maybe we are looking at 2 different books. I looked at your pictures and see some difference but its hard to tell distinctly- because there is greater distance in the airport photo and the tilt of his head is very different in both pics and the shadows are also. I think I have a plausable explanation-Elvis combed his sideburns back and up sometimes so that the longer hairs can be seen to kind of curl back toward the ear. But when his hair was not combed so neat or was mussed, the sideburns looked longer & bushier because they just hung down on the sides.
    That would explain the longer/shorter sideburn look.
    There is several different Elvis Day By Day. But your explanaton on the sideburns, I have already ask someone about that as well. The person said he wouldn't be able make them that long at all by just combing them. He says maybe using extentions yes but naturally combing no it couldn't happen. That is from hair expert who being growning hair for over 40 years.

My Elvis Day By Day book shows a photo of Elvis wearing the belt on October 1970. It is the first known photo of Elvis wearing the belt. Now, has any photo of Elvis wearing the belt in 1969 appear. No it hasn't.
    But also is to consider is the physical appearance of Elvis himself is typical for 1969.

Now, I hope Leroy doesn't mind this just trying to make a point here. I amd using quotes by Leroy from TKC.

He went to the meeting on October 2005.
    Quote:
    "Last sunday I went to an Elvis meeting in Rotterdam (the very first meeting I attended in my life, could you believe it?). The main reason for me was because Bill Belew was there and I was eager to talk to him. More about this later. I also spoke briefly (almost 4 hours) with Butch Polston from B & K Enterprises. A really entertaining man full of stories. Believe me guys, if he would ever decide to write a book he would blow me away. I thought I knew much.......
    Anyway, he was in a heated discussion about the "Mexican Sundial" when I approached him. After introducing myself I layed down some questions and off course one of the questions was about the "Gold Attendance Belt" and the hard headed pose of the Graceland Archives in this matter.

Butch knew the man who manufactured the belt (unfortunately he died) but Butch told me he saw the bill and it definately said 1969. He also told a story about the belt being lost for many years. It was stored away in a leather case. But nobody knew about this case they were just looking for the belt and couldn't find it. Until someone got the spirit to look upstair in the attick where Elvis kept all of his mother's clothes and stuff. There in a trunk they find the case with the belt. "

Now, for those who doesn't know. The jewels that is on the belt wasn't on there originally they was put on the belt on March 12, 1971. Here is the bill of sale:

Here is another photo from Septembet 9, 1970:

Photo of Elvis receiving the belt:

When looking at the evidence and photos. You can see differences in the sideburns. KPM, look through the photos on here from 1969 and then from the photos I provided and look at the differences.

But until a photo or a newspaper clipping that shows that Elvis recieve the belt in 1969 it can't be 100% confirmed. But it can be confirmed though that Elvis didn't get the belt on September 7, 1970 just by looking at his physical appearance.

Now, wait a minute....when looking at the photo of the jumpsuits on the website here, I can tell that the one on what would be "my" left is smaller than the one on the "right". Is that suit pn the "left" of the picture not the actual "Aloha" suit he wore in the special?

Is that suit pn the "left" of the picture not the actual "Aloha" suit he wore in the special?

Correct!!!!!

Correct!!!!!

If that suit isn't the real "Aloha" suit then which suit is it?? It looks like it's the same suit he wore in the "Aloha" special........or my eyes are getting worse on me than I thought.....

I thought originally that Leroy was confirming that the suit on what is my "left" when looking at the photos is, in fact, the January 14, 1973 "AFH" jumpsuit.....y'all are confusing the **** outta me....
    Last edited by Tony Trout; 09-05-2007 at 07:08 AM.

There is several different Elvis Day By Day. But your explanaton on the sideburns, I have already ask someone about that as well. The person said he wouldn't be able make them that long at all by just combing them. He says maybe using extentions yes but naturally combing no it couldn't happen. That is from hair expert who being growning hair for over 40 years.

My Elvis Day By Day book shows a photo of Elvis wearing the belt on October 1970. It is the first known photo of Elvis wearing the belt. Now, has any photo of Elvis wearing the belt in 1969 appear. No it hasn't.
    But also is to consider is the physical appearance of Elvis himself is typical for 1969.

Now, I hope Leroy doesn't mind this just trying to make a point here. I amd using quotes by Leroy from TKC.

He went to the meeting on October 2005.
    Quote:
    "Last sunday I went to an Elvis meeting in Rotterdam (the very first meeting I attended in my life, could you believe it?). The main reason for me was because Bill Belew was there and I was eager to talk to him. More about this later. I also spoke briefly (almost 4 hours) with Butch Polston from B & K Enterprises. A really entertaining man full of stories. Believe me guys, if he would ever decide to write a book he would blow me away. I thought I knew much.......
    Anyway, he was in a heated discussion about the "Mexican Sundial" when I approached him. After introducing myself I layed down some questions and off course one of the questions was about the "Gold Attendance Belt" and the hard headed pose of the Graceland Archives in this matter.

Butch knew the man who manufactured the belt (unfortunately he died) but Butch told me he saw the bill and it definately said 1969. He also told a story about the belt being lost for many years. It was stored away in a leather case. But nobody knew about this case they were just looking for the belt and couldn't find it. Until someone got the spirit to look upstair in the attick where Elvis kept all of his mother's clothes and stuff. There in a trunk they find the case with the belt. "

Now, for those who doesn't know. The jewels that is on the belt wasn't on there originally they was put on the belt on March 12, 1971. Here is the bill of sale:

Here is another photo from Septembet 9, 1970:

Photo of Elvis receiving the belt:

When looking at the evidence and photos. You can see differences in the sideburns. KPM, look through the photos on here from 1969 and then from the photos I provided and look at the differences.

But until a photo or a newspaper clipping that shows that Elvis recieve the belt in 1969 it can't be 100% confirmed. But it can be confirmed though that Elvis didn't get the belt on September 7, 1970 just by looking at his physical appearance.

to me it's so clear that the pic where Elvis recieved the belt is in 1969,
    when you see the suit he wears , it must be before or after a vegas '69 concert...
    Old Times they are not forgotten
    Johan

If that suit isn't the real "Aloha" suit then which suit is it?? It looks like it's the same suit he wore in the "Aloha" special........or my eyes are getting worse on me than I thought.....

I thought originally that Leroy was confirming that the suit on what is my "left" when looking at the photos is, in fact, the January 14, 1973 "AFH" jumpsuit.....y'all are confusing the **** outta me....

No confusing about it.
    Leroy said it was the third suit. The third suit wasn't worn in the Telecast. Far away looks can fool the average person who doesn't know to much about jumpsuits. The real Aloha suit has never been display any where to my knowledge but I am not saying it hasn't. I never seen a photo of it being display if it was display at Graceland or somewhere else.

Here is the quote coming from you and then the quick reply fro Leroy.

The suit that is pictured here (if I'm thinking correctly) is the second suit that was manufactured in the later months of 1973 and into 1974.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    The third suit!

See, even Leroy said it was the Third Suit.

The first suit was wron during the rehearsal show.
    The second suit was worn on the Aloha Telecast.
    The third suit was worn during the 1973/1974 tours.

Quote Originally Posted by boogie View Post
    to me it's so clear that the pic where Elvis recieved the belt is in 1969,
    when you see the suit he wears , it must be before or after a vegas '69 concert...
    I would say it is after the 1969 Concert return Vegas engagement. It even could be September 7, 1969 since Elvis didn't do any more concerts in 1969 after August 28. But as I have said, if he did get it in 1969 there is no proof of a photo or newspaper clipping to back it up. Us fans who thinks it is from 1969 are going by his physical appearance.

Here is one of the b/e airport photos that I posted and now the photo is not in a angle as it was when I posted it.

Last edited by thehillbillycat; 09-05-2007 at 07:41 AM.

Here is the quote coming from you and then the quick reply fro Leroy.

See, even Leroy said it was the Third Suit.

The first suit was wron during the rehearsal show.
    The second suit was worn on the Aloha Telecast.
    The third suit was worn during the 1973/1974 tours.

I'm still kinda confused....

I know that the suit on what would be my "right" when looking at the photo is the "third" suit...but which suit is the suit that's on the "left" in the photo? Which date did Elvis wear that particular jumpsuit?? It looks identical to the one he wore during the actual "Aloha" telecast.

And in regards to the belt that was given to Jack Lord: I've always been under the impression that the belt to the "Thunderbird" suit was the one given to him.....I guess I was wrong on that one as well....

****, this stuff can get so confusing...LOL!!
    Last edited by Tony Trout; 09-05-2007 at 07:50 AM.

I'm still kinda confused....

I know that the suit on what would be my "right" when looking at the photo is the "third" suit...but which suit is the suit that's on the "left" in the photo? Which date did Elvis wear that particular jumpsuit?? It looks identical to the one he wore during the actual "Aloha" telecast.

And in regards to the belt that was given to Jack Lord: I've always been under the impression that the belt to the "Thunderbird" suit was the one given to him.....I guess I was wrong on that one as well....

****, this stuff can get so confusing...LOL!!

No, I believe you are confusing yourself. Let's go one more time or at least try......

Photo of two Aloha suits side by side with cape in the front when looking directly at the photo:

Left - is the third suit.
    Right - is the first suit.

The Aloha suit that was worn during the Rehearsal Concert for Aloha From Hawaii on January 12, 1973 is the one on the right.

The Aloha suit that was worn on the follwoing known dates (which could be more) is the third suit and is on the left:
    April 30, 1973. (8:00 pm). Denver, CO.
    April 28, 1973. (8:00 pm). Spokane, WA.
    June 20, 1973 (8:30 pm). Mobile, AL.
    June 27, 1973 (8:30 pm). Cincinnati, OH.
    July 2, 1973 (8:30 pm) Oklahoma City, OK.

March 6, 1974. (8:30 pm) Montgomery, AL.
    March 12, 1974 (8:30 pm) Richmond, VA.
    March 14, 1974 (8:30 pm) Murfreesboro, TN.
    March 16, 1974 (2:30 pm) Memphis, TN.

Here is the same photo with the diagram of what suit is what so that there is no confusing about it:

No, I believe you are confusing yourself. Let's go one more time or at least try......

Photo of two Aloha suits side by side with cape in the front when looking directly at the photo:

Left - is the third suit.
    Right - is the first suit.

The Aloha suit that was worn during the Rehearsal Concert for Aloha From Hawaii on January 12, 1973 is the one on the right.

The Aloha suit that was worn on the follwoing known dates (which could be more) is the third suit and is on the left:
    April 30, 1973. (8:00 pm). Denver, CO.
    April 28, 1973. (8:00 pm). Spokane, WA.
    June 20, 1973 (8:30 pm). Mobile, AL.
    June 27, 1973 (8:30 pm). Cincinnati, OH.
    July 2, 1973 (8:30 pm) Oklahoma City, OK.

March 6, 1974. (8:30 pm) Montgomery, AL.
    March 12, 1974 (8:30 pm) Richmond, VA.
    March 14, 1974 (8:30 pm) Murfreesboro, TN.
    March 16, 1974 (2:30 pm) Memphis, TN.
    Here is the same photo with the diagram of what suit is what so that there is no confusing about it:

So....from what I gather from this information.....this "actual" January 14, 1973 "Aloha" suit still has not been accounted for??

Something's not right here...I swear that the suit on the left looks exactly like the one he wore during the "Aloha" telecast and the suit on the right is the larger suit from the later months of 1973 and into 1974....that's the impression I was given when looking at the photo.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast