Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Linda Interview

  1. #1
    TCB Mafia marijaep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Macedonia
    Posts
    2,647

    Linda Interview

    I just found this interview with Linda Thompson:

    http://www.kki.pl/elvisal/interview_...a_thompson.htm

    I like it a lot, so I thought that it would be nice to share it with you
    Enjoy reading it,




    Marija

  2. #2
    TCB Mafia Burning_Love's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England, uk
    Posts
    2,390
    Thanks Marija.
    Ya know, she is the most truthful, honest and down-to-earth person. And i like her very much IMO, she was great for Elvis !! It's a BIG shame it didn't last.

    Thanks for posting, i really really enjoyed it


  3. #3
    Loving elvis
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,974
    Thanks for the link marija.

  4. #4
    Cadillac King ElvisChick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    422
    Great interview...thanks for sharing!!....out of all his girlfriends i like Linda the best and also June Juanico.
    "Its An Elvis Thing Man, You Just Wouldn't Understand"


    http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...loveselvis.gif

  5. #5
    TCB Mafia marijaep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Macedonia
    Posts
    2,647
    I'm glad you liked it too
    I've always liked Linda, but after this interview i like her even more lol.

  6. #6
    Dovey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,612
    Thank you for posting the link... I really like Linda and enjoy reading about her and Elvis. Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

  7. #7
    ksimms2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Homosassa, FL
    Posts
    2,408
    wow, great interview!!!

  8. #8
    TCB Mafia marijaep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Macedonia
    Posts
    2,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Dovey View Post
    Thank you for posting the link... I really like Linda and enjoy reading about her and Elvis. Dovey
    Glad you enjoyed it
    Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    wow, great interview!!!
    lol, that was just my reaction after i read it lol

  9. #9
    TCB Mafia EP75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,060
    Linda is my favorite too. She is supposed to be releasing her autobiography soon. It was supposed to come out this year but you know how those book deals are. They can take forever to get out. She and her brother Sam Thompson are the ones putting the memories of EP together with unseen personal photographs.
    http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2...-overhaulx.jpg "Without a shadow of a doubt, Bob Sillerman is the BEST thing to happen to the Elvis World in a very long time. Even EPE have stated this. During the next ten years we should see a massive boost for the Elvis Legacy."-courtesy, Brian Quinn

    Check out my blog on the new upcoming Graceland expansion and redevelopment.
    http://gracelandfuture.blogspot.com/

  10. #10
    Backstage Pass ruggishboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    187
    Thank you for posting this interview. Linda has always come off as an intelligent, caring and insightful person who truly loved Elvis. She would have made a good wife for him, and hopefully she brought some happiness to him those final years. If it wasn't for her, we might of lost even sooner than 1977. Just my opinion..

  11. #11
    Cadillac King Gerianne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    IRELAND
    Posts
    339
    I really enjoyed that interview with Linda. She comes across as a very genuine person.
    ELVIS THE KING - TODAY TOMORROW & FOREVER

  12. #12
    ksimms2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Homosassa, FL
    Posts
    2,408
    Quote Originally Posted by ruggishboo View Post
    Thank you for posting this interview. Linda has always come off as an intelligent, caring and insightful person who truly loved Elvis. She would have made a good wife for him, and hopefully she brought some happiness to him those final years. If it wasn't for her, we might of lost even sooner than 1977. Just my opinion..
    I posted this same thing on another thread - yes I think we would have lost him sooner because she saved his life several times - he would quit breathing, etc. I'm not saying because of his pills, because I don't know for sure. I guess we'll have to read Linda's book to find out. But yes..I think we would have lost him sooner - can you imagine the tremendous responsibility Linda had "being responsible" for Elvis' state of mind? Watching over him knowing his drug habits, etc. Good grief - no wonder she finally gave up. I bet she was scared after leaving though - worried that nobody would help him if he needed it - worried nobody would be there if he quit breathing.....which brings us to Ginger Alden......but I won't talk about that here.

  13. #13
    Loving elvis
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,974
    Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    I posted this same thing on another thread - yes I think we would have lost him sooner because she saved his life several times - he would quit breathing, etc. I'm not saying because of his pills, because I don't know for sure. I guess we'll have to read Linda's book to find out. But yes..I think we would have lost him sooner - can you imagine the tremendous responsibility Linda had "being responsible" for Elvis' state of mind? Watching over him knowing his drug habits, etc. Good grief - no wonder she finally gave up. I bet she was scared after leaving though - worried that nobody would help him if he needed it - worried nobody would be there if he quit breathing.....which brings us to Ginger Alden......but I won't talk about that here.
    Linda didn't leave, elvis got rid of her in a good way without hurting her feelings. Linda was with david briggs so l guess elvis and linda move on with different people. just my cents through.

  14. #14
    Mad Tigers
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    44
    Thank you so much for this link!

    Like some of the others here, I have always really liked Linda Thompson. She really seems so genuine and caring and down to earth, so unpretentious, and she was such a shining light for Elvis. I think they made a wonderful couple, I always thought he should have married her!!

  15. #15
    Cadillac King Rising Sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    440
    Thank you for the Link, Marija
    It was interesting to read...I think Linda is a nice person

    Rising Sun

Similar Threads

  1. Linda vs. Priscilla
    By Wendy56 in forum Off topic
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 02-22-2010, 12:48 PM
  2. Ginger Alden/Linda Thompson interview...
    By franny in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-20-2007, 06:51 PM
  3. Linda
    By graceland123 in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-26-2006, 06:37 PM
  4. Linda Thompson
    By joanne in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 06-26-2006, 03:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •