Thread: Elvis in car accident?

Elvis in car accident?

Dear everybody. I found this photo in the archive. Does anyone know, what is happening in this situation? I looks like a car acciden to me, and the people around Elvis appears to be in schock. Does anyone know? Best regards, Martin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails elvis involveret i trafikuheld.jpg  

Elvis saw this car accident in 1976, and stopped to help.

He had one of his police badges with him, and thought he could do some good.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Your right Getlo He was just passing by, not actually in it.

Loving elvis
    Elvis being that great person he was, had to take a look to see if anything he could do to help out.

Thanks

Dear everybody: Thanks for the information. Anyway, looking back at his life, its a wonder he didnt crash...

Best regards

Martin

re

He did stopped to look and watched if he could help,but if I remember correctly this car accident took place in 1975,and not in 1976....
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

This car accident DID take place in 1976. To be specific on March 26th, 1976.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvistcbkirch View Post
    Dear everybody: Thanks for the information. Anyway, looking back at his life, its a wonder he didnt crash...

Best regards

Martin
    What kind of remark is this? Elvis was an excellent driver. Many people have good experiences with his driving skills......

#1 - I posted that pic asking if anyone knew the story behind it...thanks for clarifying.
    #2 - I'm sure he meant it's a wonder Elvis didn't crash by driving around on pills......which is a good point - just depends on how messed up he was while driving....(I'm speaking from personal experience with my husband)

Elvis was in a car crash of sorts in the 50's. Wheel barrings had when out on his pink caddy. Not sure the date or facts about is. Hope someone does

Please E-mail me with details.... THANX
    If it "ROCKS", roll with IT.........
    If it "ROLLS", rock IT!

Yeah didn't his car burn up after the wheel barrings failed. I don't know if it was his pink caddy. It was in the mini series Good Rockin' Tonight.

Don't know if it was real or not.

International Level thehillbillycat's Avatar
    One of his first cars caught on fire during the 50s. I think he was driving it a little before it happen. Their is a photo of the car afterwards in several books.

His pink caddy did end its days in a fire but he bought and exact simalar just few days after so the one we know today is not the first originally but his second one.
    [Royalties come and go....... But there is only one man we always call THE KING

re

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    This car accident DID take place in 1976. To be specific on March 26th, 1976.
    Thanks Leroy.

Sorry for the date,but in the Elvis After Dark museum,they said this accident took place in 1975.But Graceland doesn't always give the right information...
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

Dear everybody. Yes, actually, you can see the red leather jacket Elvis is wearing in the exhibition 'Elvis After Dark. Best regards, Martin