Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Elvis and other children

Well, as I have said before, if you live with a man for YEARS, you should know what is expected of you. It shouldn't take an exchange of vows to make you aware of what you are signing on for...

Also, I'd like to point out some things in regard to sexist or southern views in traditional marriage. My Mother, who is a saint in my opinion, was raised to be submissive to her husband. My Father, was raised to believe that the man lived his life, and the woman was his home warmer, raising his kids and being content just to be his wife. I'm not saying that I totally agree with this, but it was considered the norm back in the day. I do not find it odd that Elvis had those views. It was pretty common place back then. And I also don't fall in line with the thinking that women who are in a relationship like that have no love for themselves, or any self-respect just because they stay in the marriage. My Mom stayed. It wasn't always easy, but she loves my Dad, and she was raised to "tough it out". It does not make her or any other woman any less of a woman for choosing to remain in the marriage...either because they want to, or because that is how they were raised.

And here we go again with the Priscilla thing... If she was aware of his views on those things, why did she marry him? In regard to their problems, I don't think it had much to do with his being a sexist, or her being locked away from the world. Fidelity can't be cited either, since both of them were unfaithful. It may have had more to do with the fact that once she attained the Presley name, new avenues were opened up for her, and she began to feel as if she wanted the name (for advantageous reasons), but she didn't want the man that went with it. Just my opinion....

(It's okay...you guys can jump on to me now...I think I'm ready....)

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

Loving elvis
    I disagree but l will leave it at that.

Jen...I really like you! You are one of few who can agree to disagree. That's why we are all different...because we all have difference of opinion.

Hugs to you anyway....!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post

Thats VERY Funny ...

but nop i disagree with you

Loving elvis
    Jen...I really like you! You are one of few who can agree to disagree. That's why we are all different...because we all have difference of opinion.

Hugs to you anyway....!!!
    Hugs back at ya

Coming On Strong
    this is elvis's kid desiree presley

Loving elvis
    If you say so.....

Quote Originally Posted by ReGina_89 View Post
    Thats VERY Funny ...

but nop i disagree with you
    It's okay to disagree ReGina... as long as we try to respect each other while we do. Guess I should send you a hug too...lol!

Coming On Strong
    Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    If you say so.....
    yes i do. have you read the book

Well, as I have said before, if you live with a man for YEARS, you should know what is expected of you. It shouldn't take an exchange of vows to make you aware of what you are signing on for...

Also, I'd like to point out some things in regard to sexist or southern views in traditional marriage. My Mother, who is a saint in my opinion, was raised to be submissive to her husband. My Father, was raised to believe that the man lived his life, and the woman was his home warmer, raising his kids and being content just to be his wife. I'm not saying that I totally agree with this, but it was considered the norm back in the day. I do not find it odd that Elvis had those views. It was pretty common place back then. And I also don't fall in line with the thinking that women who are in a relationship like that have no love for themselves, or any self-respect just because they stay in the marriage. My Mom stayed. It wasn't always easy, but she loves my Dad, and she was raised to "tough it out". It does not make her or any other woman any less of a woman for choosing to remain in the marriage...either because they want to, or because that is how they were raised.

And here we go again with the Priscilla thing... If she was aware of his views on those things, why did she marry him? In regard to their problems, I don't think it had much to do with his being a sexist, or her being locked away from the world. Fidelity can't be cited either, since both of them were unfaithful. It may have had more to do with the fact that once she attained the Presley name, new avenues were opened up for her, and she began to feel as if she wanted the name (for advantageous reasons), but she didn't want the man that went with it. Just my opinion....

Okay, let me see if I can say this the way I mean it - I don't think that the southern, traditional way of marriage is bad. But when you have a filandering husband out messing around all the time, then yes, I would have a problem with that. I don't think when you say fidelity can't be cited either because they both did it - they both did - but after how long did Priscilla? How long was she the adoring wife at home while he played around before she gave up and did it herself? See...that's the part I can understand on Priscilla's behalf.
    I think Priscilla truly loved Elvis but after a while you can only take so much and then you have to draw the line somewhere - and I think that is what happened. I don't think she became the money hungry person you think she is until AFTER their marriage ended....otherwise why would she leave? Okay back to my original point - you say if she knew that is how he felt about marriage then why marry him? I don't think that was the problem. I think the problem came with all the womanizing he did. And let's face it - Elvis loved women - no if's/and's or but's about it.....the guy loved women - so realistically he should have never gotten married because he could not be true to one person. Does this make sense? I'm sorry if it doesn't.

Loving elvis
    yes maria been at qwentys site, before he banned everyone. If she was a true presley don't you think she would be noticed than. She fake as they come, l have desiree looks to, does that mean l'am elvis daugher too?? hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by maria1073 View Post
    this is elvis's kid desiree presley
    Maria, how old is this "other daughter"? This photo looks old.

Quote Originally Posted by maria1073 View Post
    yes i do. have you read the book
    Hey kids...I don't have a "dog in this fight"...but I just have to ask which book you are referring to? I stopped reading books about Elvis quite some time back, so maybe this is something I should consider now...unless it is one of those "trash" novels... Care to share, Maria...I am curious.

oh, and as for all the hugs out there - can I have one too???

yes maria been at qwentys site, before he banned everyone. If she was a true presley don't you think she would be noticed than. She fake as they come, l have desiree looks to, does that mean l'am elvis daugher too?? hahaha

Miss Jen...help an older chick out, will ya? What is this qwentys site that you keep referring to? Whoa...am I ever lost on this thread!!!

Loving elvis
    its called are "ARE YOU LONESOME TONIGHT ABOUT" its about elvis and this woman named lucy who had a serect love affair that lasted till his death and lucy had his kid who's name is desiree.

Loving elvis
    http://mynewwebsite.free.fr/
    All about lucy and elvis and there big romance.

Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    oh, and as for all the hugs out there - can I have one too???

Kelly, I've always got a hug for you! I don't really agree with you, because I lean more toward the opinion that Pris was NOT as innocent and naive as some believe her to be...but that's ok. Jen and I have disagreed many times before, but I keep preachin' it...THE KEY IS TO AGREE TO DISAGREE.

Ohhh i have that Book. Do not believe it in the slightest BUT i love the book because it's like a fantasy story and it give the 'Mysterious' side to Elvis.

its called are "ARE YOU LONESOME TONIGHT ABOUT" its about elvis and this woman named lucy who had a serect love affair that lasted till his death and lucy had his kid who's name is desiree.
    http://mynewwebsite.free.fr/
    All about lucy and elvis and there big romance.
    Oh ok...now I get it! Thank you for clearing that up for me...