Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Elvis and other children

Loving elvis
    true enough
    I know priscilla and elvis did other things but they didn't go all the way.

Did they?

We only have Priscilla's word that they didn't go all the way before the actual marriage though.

Who here believes her?
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Loving elvis
    Elvis in started in books that he wanted priscilla to be a virgin, and l for one believe elvis.

I think were forgetting she was 14 years old, and he would have been looked down upon if he had slept with her at that age, and he would have got into lots of trouble. But hey, like i always say, we shall never know

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    We only have Priscilla's word that they didn't go all the way before the actual marriage though.

Who here believes her?
    I don't know as I 100% believe her...yes maybe when she was 14 - but how about later on? She was living with him for goodness sake - in the same bedroom...I can't believe that they both had that much control - I know in her movie it shows her wanting him to make love to her - but him telling her they needed to wait......but really....if you were in bed with Elvis....would you wait??

Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    but really....if you were in bed with Elvis....would you wait??
    Well, I for one wouldn't have gone to bed with him, not for all the money in the world!
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Well, I for one wouldn't have gone to bed with him, not for all the money in the world!
    Okay, that comment was for us females!

Loving elvis
    elvis thought that girls that slept with you before marrige were dirty girls. he would never marry one.

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    elvis thought that girls that slept with you before marrige were dirty girls. he would never marry one.
    Jen, (right? I think that's your name... ) I'd like to know what books you are reading to know all this info first hand....cause I want to read them too....

Loving elvis
    kelly some of the books l have read are by priscilla, mm, wanda, but you have to make up your own mind on what elvis was like, you didn't see him staying with to many girls that sleep around. BUt l will try to find some more infor about elvis not sleeping with dirty girls.

Loving elvis
    wasn't it true that when elvis was going through the bible things he preaches that girls should wait till there married before going all the way.

I'm not sure...that's why I was asking you

I've only so far read Jerry Schilling's book - which was good but didn't talk too much about his romantic stuff...it hinted at it - even the fact that Elvis slept with a girlfriend of his in California and he felt so guilty he told Jerry eventually.

I don't care to read Priscilla's "Elvis & Me" because after seeing that movie....well...I just don't think I'd like the book.

Am waiting for Joe Esposito's new book now....so will see how that one is....(if I ever get it - sure is taking them long enough)

Loving elvis
    We went on discussing women and men's feelings about sex etc: and love and he said that men were not made to be faithful, it was women who began to want to be able to depend on one guy, raise kids etc: and that it was as God intended and he quoted scripture about how it was good for a man to keep his wife a virgin etc: and that men should take care of their wives etc: and that women should always be true, obediant to her husband and he ought to treat her fairly, love her etc: and take care of the family in every way they needed. A man should always be there for his family, and he quoted the scripture of no greater love has a man than he lay down his life for his friends etc: and that God's one main commandment was to Love one another as He has loved us. And that meant to be fair, kind, understanding of others in their trials and misunderstandings etc: and that a man should try to be faithful to his wife, but if she is unhappy with the marriage he ought to let her go and not be bitter and revengeful. And he said he'd have a problem with that, he thought, and he wanted to be sure before he married that whomever she would be was ready to be his wife, ready to commit to him and him alone and that she would understand that he had to be free at times, to get away and do things he'd always done with music and his buddies. And that he'd always come home to his wife, his family and they'd always have the assurance he would be true and faithful and always love her and the children above all others. I recall saying that sounds like you think of it as kind of a double standard and he said, no, he'd be faithful if he had the right woman and she was true to him and loved him as he was. He didn't want her to go changing him or trying to make things her way because his life was different and he had to do certain things that she might not understand but it wouldn't be because he didn't love her. His wife would be a treasure that he would always want with him, she'd keep the home, with kids and aplace of peace and quiet for him because he needed that. She would have to understand that he had a need to have a place, a home to come to and not fuss and carry on about his being gone doing other things and he said whatever he was doing was for her, the kids and the people he cared about, she would have to understand that part of him and his life. He didn't want to be tied down and have to worry about coming home to a wife that was going to jump down his throat because he was late or he hadn't called or something.
    And she wasn't to question him about what he might have been doing, some things he didn't feel a wife had to worry about, or needed to know-like business and etc: that was a man's world and he wouldn't want her involved in it. Especially not the Hollywood kind of life, that was a thing he never wanted his wife to be involved in-the party scene etc:. And unfortunately, she wanted to be and wanted to go out and be seen with him etc: and he wouldn't do it, though he did have a few friends he'd go have dinner with and etc: at his house. But those were quiet times, not the Hollywood glitz parties etc:. Not his thing-he wouldn't budge.

This is just alittle something l found.

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    We went on discussing women and men's feelings about sex etc: and love and he said that men were not made to be faithful, it was women who began to want to be able to depend on one guy, raise kids etc: and that it was as God intended and he quoted scripture about how it was good for a man to keep his wife a virgin etc: and that men should take care of their wives etc: and that women should always be true, obediant to her husband and he ought to treat her fairly, love her etc: and take care of the family in every way they needed. A man should always be there for his family, and he quoted the scripture of no greater love has a man than he lay down his life for his friends etc: and that God's one main commandment was to Love one another as He has loved us. And that meant to be fair, kind, understanding of others in their trials and misunderstandings etc: and that a man should try to be faithful to his wife, but if she is unhappy with the marriage he ought to let her go and not be bitter and revengeful. And he said he'd have a problem with that, he thought, and he wanted to be sure before he married that whomever she would be was ready to be his wife, ready to commit to him and him alone and that she would understand that he had to be free at times, to get away and do things he'd always done with music and his buddies. And that he'd always come home to his wife, his family and they'd always have the assurance he would be true and faithful and always love her and the children above all others. I recall saying that sounds like you think of it as kind of a double standard and he said, no, he'd be faithful if he had the right woman and she was true to him and loved him as he was. He didn't want her to go changing him or trying to make things her way because his life was different and he had to do certain things that she might not understand but it wouldn't be because he didn't love her. His wife would be a treasure that he would always want with him, she'd keep the home, with kids and aplace of peace and quiet for him because he needed that. She would have to understand that he had a need to have a place, a home to come to and not fuss and carry on about his being gone doing other things and he said whatever he was doing was for her, the kids and the people he cared about, she would have to understand that part of him and his life. He didn't want to be tied down and have to worry about coming home to a wife that was going to jump down his throat because he was late or he hadn't called or something.
    And she wasn't to question him about what he might have been doing, some things he didn't feel a wife had to worry about, or needed to know-like business and etc: that was a man's world and he wouldn't want her involved in it. Especially not the Hollywood kind of life, that was a thing he never wanted his wife to be involved in-the party scene etc:. And unfortunately, she wanted to be and wanted to go out and be seen with him etc: and he wouldn't do it, though he did have a few friends he'd go have dinner with and etc: at his house. But those were quiet times, not the Hollywood glitz parties etc:. Not his thing-he wouldn't budge.

This is just alittle something l found.
    I think he is completely contradicting himself in this quote....and he is silly for thinking Priscilla will stay home and take care of his home and child while he is out screwing around....plain and simple. He sets high standards for the woman he marries while he is out carousing like a dog in heat....

(and before anyone is rude back to me....it does not change the way I feel about the man....I worship the ground he walked on....now they are clouds because he is in heaven!)

Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    (and before anyone is rude back to me....it does not change the way I feel about the man....I worship the ground he walked on....now they are clouds because he is in heaven!)
    I agree (well, aside from the worshipping the ground he walked on bit).

He was very sexist in his way (probably mostly due to upbringing) and his attitudes to women's equality left a lot to be desired - but, as ksimms2 said, it doesn't change my high opinion of the man.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

He was very sexist in his way (probably mostly due to upbringing) and his attitudes to women's equality left a lot to be desired - but, as ksimms2 said, it doesn't change my high opinion of the man.
    Getlo, you have a really great sense of humor and you sure make me laugh at your comments....thank you!!

I said this to Jen before but i want to say it again...
    in my opinion it would have never worked ESPICALLY in the late 60s early 70s because of Women's Lib. it had all the women in the world wondering why do they have to stay at home..why should they stay alone with the kids..and that was the time they were married in...
    and its hard on a young woman to live in a glass house as Pris did all she could do which was to watch the exciting world from behind the glass feel the world but be unable to touch it and really experience it...she was a child that had a child....she never really grew emotionally...she was more like Lisa's sister...maybe thats why they has a tough relationship i dont know but maybe.

Myself......I also LOVE ELVIS very very much ....I also worship the ground he walked on Ksimms2 ...however if i was in Priscilla's shoes (and thats a BIG IF) I myself would have gotten the hell out of there way before she did.. i mean if u cant love yourself you cant love others..and if u would live like that u dont like yourself much

Agreed !

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by ReGina_89 View Post
    I said this to Jen before but i want to say it again...
    in my opinion it would have never worked ESPICALLY in the late 60s early 70s because of Women's Lib. it had all the women in the world wondering why do they have to stay at home..why should they stay alone with the kids..and that was the time they were married in...
    and its hard on a young woman to live in a glass house as Pris did all she could do which was to watch the exciting world from behind the glass feel the world but be unable to touch it and really experience it...she was a child that had a child....she never really grew emotionally...she was more like Lisa's sister...maybe thats why they has a tough relationship i dont know but maybe.

Myself......I also LOVE ELVIS very very much ....I also worship the ground he walked on Ksimms2 ...however if i was in Priscilla's shoes (and thats a BIG IF) I myself would have gotten the hell out of there way before she did.. i mean if u cant love yourself you cant love others..and if u would live like that u dont like yourself much
    well said regina

Agreed....but I also worship the ground he walked on