Thread: Elvis On Tour on TV Land

International Level thehillbillycat's Avatar

Elvis On Tour on TV Land

Did anyone see Elvis On Tour on TV Land? They showed in only one screen throughout the movie. I thought that was something.

yes I watched it last night too....I recorded it.....not sure what you mean about showing only one screen?

I watched it too. Dont know what you mean about one screen either....Thought it was great though.
    I wouldnt come back out there for love nor money.

Elvis On Tour is a Mulitiple Screen Movie. Meaning more than one screen shown at one time.

When shown in either Wide Screen or Full Screen they would still have three different camera angles or some times two camera angles during some songs.

If you have the original VHS tape of it and watch it and you will see that it still will have three screen during some songs like See See Rider, Polk Salad Annie, Bridge Over Troubled Water and so on.

Here is Bridge Over Trouble Water:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eagcXtT2ZG4

Here is I Got A Woman:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDmuJpjktnA

Here is Can't Help Falling In Love:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Cmuuq-XInM

But as I have said, on the VHS original tape of Elvis On Tour you will see the Mulitiple Screen throughout the movie.

You didn't noticed it. You might want to watch your VHS tape of Elvis On Tour to see what I am talking about.

now that you mention it - yes I know what you mean now.....of course they also edited a bunch out too....

i've always wondered if the "multi-screen" effect was the real hold-up with a DVD release. maybe they want to update it and remove that aspect of it like they did with Aloha. then the problem is finding all the original footage and doing a complete re-edit. who knows? i wish they'd get on it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by artfromtex View Post
    i've always wondered if the "multi-screen" effect was the real hold-up with a DVD release. maybe they want to update it and remove that aspect of it like they did with Aloha. then the problem is finding all the original footage and doing a complete re-edit. who knows? i wish they'd get on it, though.

Now remember, EPE doesn't own any of the movies. They owned Aloha, 68 and Elvis In Concert. That is all they own of Elvis video wise.
    The hold up isn't because of the multi-screen because Woodstock was made by the same company and it is release along with a director's cut. There shouldn't be a hold up on Elvis On Tour at all. They know where they movie is itself. They may issue it next year. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Elvislennon2004 View Post
    Now remember, EPE doesn't own any of the movies. They owned Aloha, 68 and Elvis In Concert. That is all they own of Elvis video wise.
    The hold up isn't because of the multi-screen because Woodstock was made by the same company and it is release along with a director's cut. There shouldn't be a hold up on Elvis On Tour at all. They know where they movie is itself. They may issue it next year. Who knows?
    The Woodstock release on DVD was amazing, the director?s cut its almost 4 hours long, they did a great job on restoring that one, I was expecting something like that for TTWII but well, didn?t happened, let?s see if they got it righ for Elvis on Tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Raised on Rock View Post
    The Woodstock release on DVD was amazing, the director?s cut its almost 4 hours long, they did a great job on restoring that one, I was expecting something like that for TTWII but well, didn?t happened, let?s see if they got it righ for Elvis on Tour.
    who knows what kind of shape that the original film is in? not the final edit with the mulit screen effect, but the film that they shot to make up the movie as a whole (the individual concerts, the behind the scenes stuff, etc.) since EPE doesn't own it, who knows if it has been taken care of properly? my point was that they may want to release it in an updated form, but can't because they can't find any raw components in good enough condition to make a new edit. i assume any release would be accompanied with "the original theatrical version", but you'd think they'd want the film updated because that mulit-screen thing is not only dated, it's distracting to the viewer.

Quote Originally Posted by artfromtex View Post
    who knows what kind of shape that the original film is in? not the final edit with the mulit screen effect, but the film that they shot to make up the movie as a whole (the individual concerts, the behind the scenes stuff, etc.) since EPE doesn't own it, who knows if it has been taken care of properly? my point was that they may want to release it in an updated form, but can't because they can't find any raw components in good enough condition to make a new edit. i assume any release would be accompanied with "the original theatrical version", but you'd think they'd want the film updated because that mulit-screen thing is not only dated, it's distracting to the viewer.
    There has to be some very good original elements because for the last 2 years they have been showing up all over the internet. Something like 20hours of outtakes. Guys with little home computer with movie editing ability have done wonders for some of it. Just look at the clips on You Tube. So they have some good original film still unreleased. Its just a game about money. If they had put out a decent 3 or 4 dvd set in the last few years this 20 hours would have never got out.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    There has to be some very good original elements because for the last 2 years they have been showing up all over the internet. Something like 20hours of outtakes. Guys with little home computer with movie editing ability have done wonders for some of it. Just look at the clips on You Tube. So they have some good original film still unreleased. Its just a game about money. If they had put out a decent 3 or 4 dvd set in the last few years this 20 hours would have never got out.
    Yes, They have be shown on the internet and so forth. But ask yourself this question.

When comparing TTWII outtakes to EOT outtakes which would you consider the better quality of the two? From what I have seen I would say TTWII. From what I have heard most of the EOT outtakes has vinegar syndrome and turning red and even falling apart. They did save most of them by making another copy of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvislennon2004 View Post
    Yes, They have be shown on the internet and so forth. But ask yourself this question.

When comparing TTWII outtakes to EOT outtakes which would you consider the better quality of the two? From what I have seen I would say TTWII. From what I have heard most of the EOT outtakes has vinegar syndrome and turning red and even falling apart. They did save most of them by making another copy of them.
    Well the ones I have seen such of EOT- Elvis reheasing "Burning Love" with the band and Stamps were of excellent quality-all the multiple angles used were in great shape-(the dubbing could have been better) But many of these are obviously not first generation copies. I'm sure the first or even second generation copies are much better than the average clip on You Tube. The TTWII clips I've seen is a mixed bag-some seem pretty washed out looking, others more crisp. But I havbe no way of knowing which clips have been "tweaked with editing tools and enhancers" by who ever posts them and that make a great difference in how they look.

Heres a clip that someone has used an enhancer on-except it was a trial version and it has a flashing ad across the screen but it shows you how little it can take to improve the clips.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MabciFpn7fM

unreleased footage

If it hasnt been released yet then how do the people on utube get it?
    I wouldnt come back out there for love nor money.

Quote Originally Posted by torpor97 View Post
    If it hasnt been released yet then how do the people on utube get it?
    Don't know but they sure are posting them left and right.