View Poll Results: How do you feel about a new and improved Graceland?

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it! I want to see changes made.

47 29.94%
  • Leave it! I like it just the way it is.

110 70.06%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: A New and Improved Graceland: Love it? or Leave it!

TCB Mafia
    It's EP75/Lakeisha vs. the rest of the Elvis internet world.....again. It has been that way across three different message boards now. Fortunately, this board in moderated and it could quite possibly be time to close this thread. I can see this subject is about to devolve.

Quote Originally Posted by rocknroll View Post
    It's EP75/Lakeisha vs. the rest of the Elvis internet world.....again. It has been that way across three different message boards now..
    Which other boards?
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

It's EP75/Lakeisha vs. the rest of the Elvis internet world.....again. It has been that way across three different message boards now. Fortunately, this board in moderated and it could quite possibly be time to close this thread. I can see this subject is about to devolve.
    First of all, I aint been on any other Elvis forums since the E1 forum went nuts back in the early summer. So you're wrong about that.

Second, me and Jay aren't the only ones in support. Maybe you should go back and re-read the last few pages. TJ was very much in support for the redevelopments.

Last, what's wrong with debating a topic? Or are you just mad because some agree with Jay and his views? Since you like to criticise him, with KC.

Don't think I don't read this forum and see the sarcasm and personal attacks aimed at Jay on a daily basis by you two.

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Which other boards?

He don't know what he's talkin about. I don't post that much in the Elvis world anymore. Mainly because my views and thoughts don't mean anything to most, if you know what I mean.

I used to post at E1 and for awhile at Elvis-Collectors , but that was a long time ago, over a year ago at least. I left there because of not bein accepted.

I've had an account for a long time here. But I never posted until a couple weeks ago. I lost my password and couldn't post. So I had to get a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeisha View Post
    I used to post at E1 and Elvis-Collectors , but that was a long time ago, over a year ago at least. I left there because of not bein accepted.
    Ok. Who's KC then??
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Ok. Who's KC then??
    KC is the infamous King Creole.

Who is he? trust me....you don't wanna know.

Plus, I don't wanna get banned for publicizing his true identity.

Ok. Are you on the Topix Elvis forum at all? And if so, what id are you there?
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Ok. Are you on the Topix Elvis forum at all? And if so, what id are you there?
    I don't post in the Elvis world that much anymore. It's only here. And that's very seldom.

No, I don't have an ID at the topix forum. I've read it, thanks to Jay tellin me about it. but it aint worth postin anything.

Plus, I don't have as much free time as I used to. I take classes at the University of Memphis and got a son to take care of, so my days are filled.

Mostly when I'm online, I check out the celeb blogs and look at this forum.

I just don't have much time anymore for the net.

I think we can all see who's confused here, darlin' ... but thanks for your input.

If you wish to disagree with me or anyone, Lakeisha, then have the courtesy to either say "I disagree" or simply keep the debate going with your posts.

But starting a post with "your (you're) obviously confused" smacks of poor attitude, IMO.

I have seen on other forums where people have been almost beaten into submission if they don't agree with certain posts. There are a couple of posters on here who behave like that to me, and others. But I sussed them out very quickly.

Just because someone disagrees with you is no excuse to criticise (instead of debate in a healthy way) any issue.

Thus far, I am utterly unimpressed with the expansion plans for Graceland. I extend to you the courtesy of believing the plans are all just wonderful. So please extend me the same courtesy to believe they are not.
    My bad. I wasn't callin you out or anything like that. I'm sorry IF it seemed that way.

What I was tryin to say is you sounded confused by your response that it was gonna be somethin that it's not.

That was why I said you're obviously confused.

Nobody's tryin to make you or anyone else like the plans for Whitehaven/Graceland. And I don;t think that's what Jay's doin either.

The media started all this by sayin it was gonna be another Disneyland or that he was gonna build an amusement or theme park at Graceland. I can understand yall's concerns then. But that's not part of the plans, from my understanding.

Somethin I haven't posted nor told Jay about is what my friend revealed to me about the official meeting that took place with Sillerman, EPE, and city officials.

Mayor of Shelby, AC Wharton asked Sillerman "so are your plans to build an amusement park at Graceland" and Sillerman's answer was "no, not an amusement park, but something like a theme park without rides. A themed attraction."

But aint that what Graceland is now? A themed attraction? He's just gonna make it bigger and more popular with better attractions.

TCB Mafia

Well, I won't comment much more on this subject. I'll let Lakeisha show her true colors and you all can judge for yourself. As I said before, this thread has devolved beyond any useful purpose and should probably be shut down. I think we are ALL aware of what Jay and Lakeisha are saying about the rumored plans, it's just that most of us don't want it to happen regardless.

Well, I won't comment much more on this subject. I'll let Lakeisha show her true colors and you all can judge for yourself. As I said before, this thread has devolved beyond any useful purpose and should probably be shut down. I think we are ALL aware of what Jay and Lakeisha are saying about the rumored plans, it's just that most of us don't want it to happen regardless.
    That is the truth! One would think that the poll would speak for itself, eh???

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    That is the truth! One would think that the poll would speak for itself, eh???
    Well, belligerent, immature behaviour, misguided and misinformed comments made by these 2 specific characters will get them nowhere and judging by their tainted record, it's easy to see.

Besides, until their is an "Official" statement made by this God like Sillerman or EPE, all these supposed ideas and changes are speculation and heresay ...

Deal with it ...

I'm the DEVIL's ADVOCATE

Quote Originally Posted by King_Creole View Post
    Well, belligerent, immature behaviour, misguided and misinformed comments made by these 2 specific characters will get them nowhere and judging by their tainted record, it's easy to see.
    King I want you to point out what is "misguided" or "misinformed" about anything I or Laskeisha has commented on. I am dying to hear your bizzar accusations and falsifications. Please speciify.

Besides, until their is an "Official" statement made by this God like Sillerman or EPE, all these supposed ideas and changes are speculation and heresay ...

Deal with it ...
    You are a funny little man and very naive and in denial. You are the one really misinformed. LOL There's nothing at all that is just speculation or here-say about these changes that are coming very soon like them or not. If you want to see for yourself that this is NOT a rumor or supposed ideas of here-say or pure speculation, then go to Elvis.com/news (the official information) and check out their archives dating back to as far as February 2006 and up and you will see this has been planned for a long time already. You want proof, there's your proof. So you deal with it.

And if that doesn't convince you then go to my blog and you will get all the information you want and straight from media sources. Not here-say or opinions either. There's even news video links concerning the changes. And as you want-straight from the horses mouth too.

"We're going to have a new boutique convention hotel and probably another hotel, virtually a bran new visitor's center, new museums, restaurants shopping and retail. There is virtually no roller coasters or rides of any kind or any aspects of a classic theme park in this project. Think a Beale Street where you can take the kids. We want everyone to get behind ElvisWorld." That is a direct quote from the video links from the mouth of CEO Jack Soden. Anything else you want to know Mr Misinformed?
    Last edited by EP75; 09-07-2007 at 11:39 AM.
    http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2...-overhaulx.jpg "Without a shadow of a doubt, Bob Sillerman is the BEST thing to happen to the Elvis World in a very long time. Even EPE have stated this. During the next ten years we should see a massive boost for the Elvis Legacy."-courtesy, Brian Quinn

Check out my blog on the new upcoming Graceland expansion and redevelopment.
    http://gracelandfuture.blogspot.com/

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by EP75 View Post
    King I want you to point out what is "misguided" or "misinformed" about anything I or Laskeisha has commented on. I am dying to hear your bizzar accusations and falsifications. Please speciify.

You are a funny little man and very naive and in denial. You are the one really misinformed. LOL There's nothing at all that is just speculation or here-say about these changes that are coming very soon like them or not. If you want to see for yourself that this is NOT a rumor or supposed ideas of here-say or pure speculation, then go to Elvis.com/news (the official information) and check out their archives dating back to as far as February 2006 and up and you will see this has been planned for a long time already. You want proof, there's your proof. So you deal with it.

And if that doesn't convince you then go to my blog and you will get all the information you want and straight from media sources. Not here-say or opinions either. There's even news video links concerning the changes. And as you want-straight from the horses mouth too.

"We're going to have a new boutique convention hotel and probably another hotel, virtually a bran new visitor's center, new museums, restaurants shopping and retail. There is virtually no roller coasters or rides of any kind or any aspects of a classic theme park in this project. Think a Beale Street where you can take the kids. We want everyone to get behind ElvisWorld." That is a direct quote from the video links from the mouth of CEO Jack Soden. Anything else you want to know Mr Misinformed?
    I think you should conduct a live survey in your community about the proposed changes.

Quote Originally Posted by EP75 View Post

Noone is impressed, not that you noticed !!!

And if that doesn't convince you then go to my blog ...
    No thanks ... LIfe is too short.
    Last edited by King_Creole; 09-08-2007 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Creole View Post
    Your clouded focus determines and rectifies your reality.

Keep digging your already deep hole for all the world to see ...

Noone is impressed, not that you noticed !!!

No thanks ... LIfe is too short.
    Haha. I was able to give you the statement and source you asked for with the video links and you decided to ignor e them. Does that egg taste good that's on your face?
    http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2...-overhaulx.jpg "Without a shadow of a doubt, Bob Sillerman is the BEST thing to happen to the Elvis World in a very long time. Even EPE have stated this. During the next ten years we should see a massive boost for the Elvis Legacy."-courtesy, Brian Quinn

Oh...the agony!!

Mods...please consider closing this thread.

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    Oh...the agony!!

Mods...please consider closing this thread.
    Actually I agree with you. There's nothing new to really add to this thread for right now. I haven't even updated my blog lately due to lack of any new information. But we know it's soon to come. Besides it seems no matter what I post King_Creole and Kerry come right behind me and takes personal jabs at me and the moderators allow it so....

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast