View Poll Results: How do you feel about a new and improved Graceland?

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it! I want to see changes made.

47 29.94%
  • Leave it! I like it just the way it is.

110 70.06%
Page 1 of 12 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: A New and Improved Graceland: Love it? or Leave it!

Question A New and Improved Graceland: Love it? or Leave it!

Lately there has been a lot of hype about possible upcoming changes for Graceland and/or the surrounding area. The list of possible changes range from a theme park and petting zoo to a dinner theater and resort. I haven't been able to find anything that has been officially released pertaining to these plans, but I thought it would be interesting to see how the fans feel about these possible changes...after all, the money in their pocket is put there by us! Let's hear what you have to say!

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

i think it should stay the same personally. If they change it too much ... then people may not feel close to Elvis when they go there. There'll be no "prescence" of him (if that makes any sense?) if they completely change it.
    I've got those hup, two, three, four, occupation G.I. Blues, From my G.I. hair to the heels of my G.I. shoes

I think the first and most important thing is to clean up Elvis Presley Blvd. Last time I was there, it looked like a dump all up and down that street!

Nathan Belt
    www.nathanbelt.com

As long as they leave the mansion and the grounds alone, I don't mind if they improve the area as long as they don't make it into a kind of circus.
    ELVIS THE KING - TODAY TOMORROW & FOREVER

When I go to revisit Graceland I want to see it as close to how it was when Elvis lived there ..I hate all the new ideas they have for it

Susan x
    Yesterday was the past and tomorrow is the future but today is the present ..thats why we call it the gift"

"Never listen to a liar it takes too long to find out the truth and my time is too precious"

"Without you I am only half of me"

I heard that they are going to have something that will blow the fans minds away - but this is in a good way. I wonder what this will be.

I think a clean-up of the surrounding area to Graceland would be a good thing but not to over-do on what they plan to build around it.

Diane
    Last edited by Diane; 08-27-2007 at 09:51 AM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by nabelt24 View Post
    I think the first and most important thing is to clean up Elvis Presley Blvd. Last time I was there, it looked like a dump all up and down that street!
    Elvis Presley Blvd why everyday the Street's are mess up the Fans of Elvis leave it mess up and GraceLand has to Pay City Of Memphis to Cleran up all the Mess...
    ELVIS

I Agree The Area Around Graceland Should Be Cleaned Up . But I Would Like To See The Rest Stay Just As Is.

Cadillac King
    Anything that is done to clean up the areas around Graceland is fine with me. The area is a mess. Quite sure Elvis didn't have the area surrounding Graceland in mind when he recorded "In The Ghetto," but that's what it's become.

Leave Graceland just the way it is now...
    Let the stars fade and fall, and I won't care at all, as long as I have you.
    Elvis...

http://myantiquemusicbox.wordpress.com/
    http://wendy56.wordpress.com/

"You've got it all together like a lovin' machine
    You're lookin' like glory and walkin' like a dream...
    Mother nature's sure been good to Y-O-U"

Wendy

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    As long as the mansion and the ground around it stays the same, all other expansionplans using surrounding area (like grounds accross the street) sound great.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Quote Originally Posted by Gerianne View Post
    As long as they leave the mansion and the grounds alone, I don't mind if they improve the area as long as they don't make it into a kind of circus.
    Completely and totally agree with you. The road could do with a make over - and maybe the surrounding areas - but as far as the mansion goes, leave it alone. It should not be "improved" - leave it as it is.

Graceland the mansion and the original property will remain the same. All the changes planned are for the newer property recently purchased by EPE including the used car lots to the left (north_) of the mansion and the wooded areas behind the car lots, and the apartment complex down form Graceland. The area across from the mansion is now all owned by EPE. 75 acres has been purchased since 2005.

oh, okay.....as long as they don't mess with the original Graceland house and property....I'm cool.

I went to Graceland last year and i loved it...I also think they should just leave it the way it is, adding anything more(like an amusement park)would just make it tacky.
    "Its An Elvis Thing Man, You Just Wouldn't Understand"

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...loveselvis.gif

Quote Originally Posted by ElvisChick View Post
    I went to Graceland last year and i loved it...I also think they should just leave it the way it is, adding anything more(like an amusement park)would just make it tacky.
    Where do you get (and others) an amusement park??? There won't be any rides. I don't get all the worry of an amusmement park in these plans. I even started a separate thread to clear up all the misunderstanding about the chnages and STILL some aren't getting the point or the picture clearly.

Let me say this loud and clear for all the fans who think it is going to be an amusement park......THERE WILL NOT BE ANY AMUSEMENT PARK OR RIDES AT GRACELAND OR PART OF THE NEW REDEVELOPMENT AT GRACELAND!!

That should make it very clear to everyone now, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jailhouse-Rocker View Post
    i think it should stay the same personally. If they change it too much ... then people may not feel close to Elvis when they go there. There'll be no "prescence" of him (if that makes any sense?) if they completely change it.
    I agree with you Emily

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by EP75 View Post
    Where do you get (and others) an amusement park??? There won't be any rides. I don't get all the worry of an amusmement park in these plans. I even started a separate thread to clear up all the misunderstanding about the chnages and STILL some aren't getting the point or the picture clearly.

Let me say this loud and clear for all the fans who think it is going to be an amusement park......THERE WILL NOT BE ANY AMUSEMENT PARK OR RIDES AT GRACELAND OR PART OF THE NEW REDEVELOPMENT AT GRACELAND!!
    Regardless, the proposed changes for the area that you stated in your thread are still tacky and completely take the focus off Elvis and his legacy.

Page 1 of 12 1234567811 ... LastLast