Thread: 'In The Ghetto' Duet Enters Billboard Chart

TCB Mafia

'In The Ghetto' Duet Enters Billboard Chart

'In The Ghetto' duet from Lisa and Elvis enters the Billboard Pop 100 Chart at No.83. Please note that the chart concerned is the Billboard POP 100 and not the HOT 100. The difference is as follows.

Brian

Pop 100

The Pop 100 is a songs chart created in February 2005 and released weekly by Billboard magazine in the United States. It ranks songs based on mainstream radio airplay, singles sales, and digital downloads.

History
    The chart was created as an answer to criticism of the Billboard Hot 100, the most popular Billboard singles chart. Many complained that the Hot 100 was biased against non-rhythmic songs, making it difficult for a pop, rock, or country song to reach the top ten. In fact, every number-one in 2004 was by a hip-hop or R&B artist. To illustrate another extreme, at the time the Pop 100 was first published, only one country act in the previous 20 years had reached #1 on the Hot 100 (Lonestar in 2000 with "Amazed"; Carrie Underwood would hit #1 later in 2005 with "Inside Your Heaven").

When the Pop 100 was first published, the Hot 100 changed its format as well. Digital downloads were incorporated into the equation which tabulates a song's rank on the chart. Prior to this, only radio airplay and singles sales were used to determine positions.

A Pop 100 Airplay chart was created alongside the new Pop 100. It measures mainstream radio airplay.
    Last edited by Brian Quinn; 08-24-2007 at 03:47 AM.

Backstage Pass
    I hope that it goes to no.1 because i love it.

Is it even being played on pop radio? I haven't heard it at all except on download from Spinner.

TCB Mafia
    What does that make it? 151 charted songs on the Hot 100?

Billboard Chart

If you are a true and loyal Elvis fan it won.t matter how Elvis song is doing in the Billboard Chart and how many of his records has been sold, What matter most is that you like him, you buy his records and you listen to him. I don't believe Elvis needs to compete anymore with anyone because he doesn't need to prove anything, history speaks for itself.

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Not to throw a spanner in the works, I'm happy that the record is making money for charity but I would rather send money to charity or have it chart without Lisa. just because Lisa is on the record doe not make it relevant Elvis relevant without the duet and would have stilled raised the cash.

It doesn't matter to me who's on the record besides Elvis IMO its exposure to people who might not give him a thought otherwise. If they listen and give him a little credit thats good for Elvis IMO

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    It doesn't matter to me who's on the record besides Elvis IMO its exposure to people who might not give him a thought otherwise. If they listen and give him a little credit thats good for Elvis IMO
    good point

Yup I agree with KPM. No matter who is singing with Elvis, that song is powerful and will wake up some of the non-fans out there.

Diane

TCB Mafia
    Unfortunately it drops to No.90 on this weeks Billboard POP 100 Chart.

Brian