Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watch New Video of Lisa Marie Presley Performing "Weary" at Sun Studio

Watch New Video of Lisa Marie Presley Performing "Weary" at Sun Studio

Lisa Marie Presley visited Sun Studio for the first time this past May during her "Storm and Grace" album release party. Check out this new video (above) of Lisa Marie performing "Weary" for the PBS Special "The Sun Studio Sessions."Following in the footsteps of musical icons such ...

More...

Re: Watch New Video of Lisa Marie Presley Performing "Weary" at Sun Studio

Still find it hard to understand what words she is saying as she sings...really needs someone to clean up her mixes when she performs live.
    Work in Progress!

TCB Mafia

Lisa is definately the greatest singer and songwriter of her generation.

She should be the biggest star on the planet.

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

I really hate that all I hear is blah blah blah. I have her CD and I'm glad it came with the lyrics inside otherwise I would never know what her songs are about. It's really unfortunate.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Lisa is definately the greatest singer and songwriter of her generation.

She should be the biggest star on the planet.
    Greatest singer songwriter of her generation , Biggest star on the planet ?. My god what planet are you on. She has talent but lets not go mad here. If she was'nt Elvis daughter would you have ever listened to her & more to the point would anyone have heard of her musically.

I like the tone of Lisa Marie's voice but I agree, she is very hard to understand.

TCB Mafia

I have never liked Lisa's singing voice or choice of material. I suspect she would sell a lot more records if she were to make a rockabilly album.

Brian

I agree with everyone here. I like Lisa in general but...it's very, very difficult to hear what she's singing. Now, her very first CD wasn't/isn't that bad but...the subsequent ones are where the mixes are bad.

I like her voice as I said, can't understand her much though and also don't like much of her material.

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by poor boy View Post
    Greatest singer songwriter of her generation , Biggest star on the planet ?. My god what planet are you on. She has talent but lets not go mad here. If she was'nt Elvis daughter would you have ever listened to her & more to the point would anyone have heard of her musically.
    Yes, I would have.

The music business is in the doldrums and has been for a very long time.

I will say that Lisa is more talented than the likes Justin Beiber, Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga and others.

Regardless of what one thinks of Lisa's singing ablility she writes good edgy rock songs that you would probably like if they were sung by someone else.

Rock music in general has taken a backseat in popularity to rap music and you don't have a lot of talented rock singer-songwriter's at this time.

I think both Rock and country music are in the toilet creatively and Lisa's new album is one of the few bright spots in the music world.

I found Storm & Grace to be well written lyrically and musically by Lisa and well produced by T-Bone Burnett.

What will forever hold Lisa back from achieving recognition on her own is that she sings like Tom Waits, Bob Dylan and Kris Kristofferson.

I think it would be a good idea for Lisa to give some of her songs to other artists that way she can at least gain some recognition for her songwriting.

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Quinn View Post
    I have never liked Lisa's singing voice or choice of material. I suspect she would sell a lot more records if she were to make a rockabilly album.

Brian
    Say what.

Rockabilly died in 1958 it isn't a commerically viable form of music.

I liked the whole sound of this particular song, even though I have no idea what she's singing.

sounds gobbledygook to me.........cant understand a word

I wish she would sing something uplifting....always sounds so depressive
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by debtdbruno View Post
    Good idea.

Lisa should write a few happy songs.

She has a very soulful sound-but I just do not understand why someone has not tried to MIX her vocal so that every word is understood.
    If her words are half buried its hard to get the message of the song.
    As far as writing happy songs...I have been writing songs since 1969 and I have never started out to write happy, sad, blues, pop etc..songs.... I write what I'm feeling at the moment and what comes out...comes out.
    I suspect most song writers are like that.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by debtdbruno View Post
    sounds gobbledygook to me.........cant understand a word

That too. I think it would help her image if she did sing some cheerful songs.

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    As far as writing happy songs...I have been writing songs since 1969 and I have never started out to write happy, sad, blues, pop etc..songs.... I write what I'm feeling at the moment and what comes out...comes out.
    I suspect most song writers are like that.
    The thing is Lisa says she's been very happy in her marriage to Michael Lockwood.

Lisa says she's happy living in England and happy with the twins.

You'd think that would result in her writing some happy songs once in a while.

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar

I read the thread and thought it must be a little overstated that you couldn't understand what she was singing... having listened I have to agree completely incomprehensible

Although to be fair the mumbling is easy on the ears ha ha

Yes, I would have.

I will say that Lisa is more talented than the likes Justin Beiber, Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga and others.

Regardless of what one thinks of Lisa's singing ablility she writes good edgy rock songs that you would probably like if they were sung by someone else.

Rock music in general has taken a backseat in popularity to rap music and you don't have a lot of talented rock singer-songwriter's at this time.

I think both Rock and country music are in the toilet creatively and Lisa's new album is one of the few bright spots in the music world.

I found Storm & Grace to be well written lyrically and musically by Lisa and well produced by T-Bone Burnett.

What will forever hold Lisa back from achieving recognition on her own is that she sings like Tom Waits, Bob Dylan and Kris Kristofferson.

I think it would be a good idea for Lisa to give some of her songs to other artists that way she can at least gain some recognition for her songwriting.
    Sorry my friend i thought you said she is one of the greatest singer songwriters of her generation. Now your saying someone else should sing her songs to get them excepted. So she is a good songwriter but a mediocre singer. This is hardly something she would have to do if she was the greatest singer songwriter of her generation. The artists ( and i use that word lightly ) you mentioned are tennybopper pap not serious singer songwriters. If you are using that expression you are talking about the likes of Adale and im afraid Lisa Marie is not even close to her songwriting wise and certainly not vocally.

Yes, I would have.

Good points, Brian - especially about country music. It's more Na$hVega$ these days than actually Nashville, although, I do respect artists like Alan Jackson and Brad Paisley who are doing their best to try to keep the pure country sound of the past.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast