Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40

Thread: It's goodbye from srj1967!!

  1. #1
    Quickie
    Guest

    It's goodbye from srj1967!!

    Well, it's me, srj1967, logging in using another name for one last time.

    No doubt this thread will be deleted shortly because of censorship, so I hope most of you get to see it.

    I was banned today for a week for "insulting another member" ... with no explanation from the mods as to who I insulted or how. Whatever it was, I had certainly received worse via the public threads and PMs. There was also an infraction for "inappropriate language" two days ago; I asked for a response as to why, but was banned before any could be received.

    I've been on here several months and have been enjoying the healthy debate. But lately, the site has been hijacked by poetry writers, those who like to discuss how cute Elvis was, and those who refuse to discuss rationally every aspect of Elvis' life.

    I'm sure that certain members on here will be glad to see me go, and will sit there smugly PMing each other at their "victory".

    But to 0839054, Jak, EP75, etc etc (you all know who you are), I thank you for these past few months and your always interesting threads. And to the rest of you, good luck living in your fairytale world where Elvis is perfect.

    I may join another Elvis discussion board in future, but none will be as good as this. However, I am sick to death of the arbitrary censorship and the inconsistencies from the moderators as to what they allow to be posted. My posts have been no worse than some of the others posted here. I'm afraid that the standard of this forum has slipped markedly over the past few weeks, and it's simply not fun anymore being here.

    So good luck to you all in the future. I have a feeling some of you will need it more than others.

    Mods, revoke my membership (and this one) altogether. I will never come back.

    AND FOR THE RECORD, I AM NOT LEAVING BECAUSE I WAS BANNED, BUT BECAUSE OF THE ONGOING CENSORSHIP AND INCREASING LACK OF FREEDOM IN DEBATES.
    Last edited by Quickie; 08-21-2007 at 08:02 AM.

  2. #2
    TCB Mafia jak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    S.C. USA
    Posts
    2,125
    It's to bad it came to this.You were a good contributor to the board.I understand where youre coming from though.
    Jak

  3. #3
    Cadillac King
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    319
    I am sorry to read this.This board isn?t as it was before,It's a real shame

  4. #4
    PeacockLady Diane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    11,636
    I too understand what you're saying srj and will miss your posts...not all parts of them mind you lol but most. Take care and good luck in whatever you do.

    Diane

  5. #5
    Backstage Pass
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    101
    you hang in there son,don`t give in to the bad boys

  6. #6
    Loving elvis
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,974
    you leaving cause you got banned for a week, sheesh.

  7. #7
    ksimms2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Homosassa, FL
    Posts
    2,408
    I have enjoyed our debates - with everyone - some did get very heated though and some name calling was thrown around....but I didn't get involved in that....I just enjoy discussing all topics with everyone.

    I hope that once your suspension is over you will return under your regular name...

  8. #8
    I'm Not say nothing about this, sorry you got banned that it

  9. #9
    Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Assen, Netherlands
    Posts
    6,349
    let me get this straight: we do not censor anything. The only thing we demand is respect to eachother's opinion and we do not tolerate flaming.

    We haven't censored any post from sjr1967 contentwhise. But as soon as someone replies to him with a different opinion, sjr1967 got personal. So instead of staying on topic and rational, a topic became heated. Posts like these are getting deleted in order to stay on topic.

    In other words: deleted or edited topics have nothing to do with content or opinions, but with verbal abuse, harrasment, namecalling, or any other form of lack of respect for another member. So far for "censorship".

    Thanks for your great contributions. Too bad it has to come this far. Goodbye...
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

    Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom






  10. #10
    TCB Mafia The King's Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    let me get this straight: we do not censor anything. The only thing we demand is respect to eachother's opinion and we do not tolerate flaming.

    We haven't censored any post from sjr1967 contentwhise. But as soon as someone replies to him with a different opinion, sjr1967 got personal. So instead of staying on topic and rational, a topic became heated. Posts like these are getting deleted in order to stay on topic.

    In other words: deleted or edited topics have nothing to do with content or opinions, but with verbal abuse, harrasment, namecalling, or any other form of lack of respect for another member.

    Thanks for your great contributions. Goodbye...
    Albert...very well stated! I think that you covered it all... And it's good to know that the mods are keeping this place civil. We may have different opinions, but we don't need to get personal and insult others who disagree with us. Thanks again Albert...

    Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

  11. #11
    Loving elvis
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,974
    Well said Albert!!!!!!!!!!

  12. #12
    TCB Mafia Miss Clawdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Germany & Norway
    Posts
    1,172
    I am really sorry that you are leaving. Your contributions always were interesting and informative. I never got the impression you were insulting anybody, you expressed your opinion very clear - what's wrong about it? - and you are right, me too I find it a bit boring when the only discussion about Elvis is how cute he is - he definitely is, no doubt - but there are other interesting things to discuss about him too. Yes I will miss your posts.

  13. #13
    Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Assen, Netherlands
    Posts
    6,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Clawdy View Post
    I am really sorry that you are leaving. Your contributions always were interesting and informative. I never got the impression you were insulting anybody, you expressed your opinion very clear - what's wrong about it? - and you are right, me too I find it a bit boring when the only discussion about Elvis is how cute he is - he definitely is, no doubt - but there are other interesting things to discuss about him too. Yes I will miss your posts.
    I think you don't completely understand what I meant: you should be able to talk about anything you like about Elvis: from Ginger to Priscilla, from weight to drugs, from MM to bad movies. But you should ALWAYS respect people who don't agree with your view or opinion.

    Many times it's not what you say, but how you say it.

    I tojo will miss sjr's contributions and many times I agree with him. I guess that shows how equal we treat everybody.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

    Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom






  14. #14
    Loving elvis
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Clawdy View Post
    I am really sorry that you are leaving. Your contributions always were interesting and informative. I never got the impression you were insulting anybody, you expressed your opinion very clear - what's wrong about it? - and you are right, me too I find it a bit boring when the only discussion about Elvis is how cute he is - he definitely is, no doubt - but there are other interesting things to discuss about him too. Yes I will miss your posts.
    Take a look at the thread about ginger, now thats going alittle to far

  15. #15
    TCB Mafia Burning_Love's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England, uk
    Posts
    2,390
    I am not going to say a thing. Just 'Goodbye' and i hope one day you find somewhere where you feel comfortable..

  16. #16
    PeacockLady Diane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    11,636
    I agree with Albert - it's how you say things that makes the difference. Also something I've noticed for quite some time now is that there are "goaders" who push to get someone who they know have a short fuse into saying something that will get them banned but they slip and slide and know how to play the game.

    Diane

  17. #17
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I agree with Albert - it's how you say things that makes the difference. Also something I've noticed for quite some time now is that there are "goaders" who push to get someone who they know have a short fuse into saying something that will get them banned but they slip and slide and know how to play the game.

    Diane
    I hate to see anyone go who enjoys discussing Elvis. But I agree also-its the way you say things that makes the difference. I enjoy good discussion on serious topics and on light, fun topics. But when it reverts to making anyone feel hurt or dumb for their opinions that is wrong. A lot of what we discuss can be nothing but opinion. Some things we discuss the information you read or hear leads you to a logical conclusion on that topic. But the degree of truth on a lot of things is only informed opinion. Thats how I look at it. No one knows it all, no one can ever know it all. No one can ever be totally right on everything. I had to apologize in a couple different threads
    recently-one I was totally wrong, someone provided a link- I listened and learned I was wrong. I was not upset I was wrong-I was happy I learned something new. Some topics are always going to heat up-but lets not burn down the forum.

  18. #18
    Resident SP! Tony Trout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Brasstown/Murphy, North Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    2,941
    Man, I hate to see you leave......

  19. #19
    International Level
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by Quickie View Post
    Well, it's me, srj1967, logging in using another name for one last time.

    No doubt this thread will be deleted shortly because of censorship, so I hope most of you get to see it.

    I was banned today for a week for "insulting another member" ... with no explanation from the mods as to who I insulted or how. Whatever it was, I had certainly received worse via the public threads and PMs. There was also an infraction for "inappropriate language" two days ago; I asked for a response as to why, but was banned before any could be received.

    I've been on here several months and have been enjoying the healthy debate. But lately, the site has been hijacked by poetry writers, those who like to discuss how cute Elvis was, and those who refuse to discuss rationally every aspect of Elvis' life.

    I'm sure that certain members on here will be glad to see me go, and will sit there smugly PMing each other at their "victory".

    But to 0839054, Jak, EP75, etc etc (you all know who you are), I thank you for these past few months and your always interesting threads. And to the rest of you, good luck living in your fairytale world where Elvis is perfect.

    I may join another Elvis discussion board in future, but none will be as good as this. However, I am sick to death of the arbitrary censorship and the inconsistencies from the moderators as to what they allow to be posted. My posts have been no worse than some of the others posted here. I'm afraid that the standard of this forum has slipped markedly over the past few weeks, and it's simply not fun anymore being here.

    So good luck to you all in the future. I have a feeling some of you will need it more than others.

    Mods, revoke my membership (and this one) altogether. I will never come back.

    AND FOR THE RECORD, I AM NOT LEAVING BECAUSE I WAS BANNED, BUT BECAUSE OF THE ONGOING CENSORSHIP AND INCREASING LACK OF FREEDOM IN DEBATES.
    ****************, finally somebody without rose colored glasses, and then
    they're gone! Sorry to see you go. Hope you will reconsider.
    I've been gone a long time myself, due to real life, but the only
    reason why I posted here was because - at least in the olden
    days - this was one of the few boards where it wasn't all
    Elvis, Lisa Marie and - godforbid - Morticia are flawless and
    never did anything wrong. That's why I only posted here.
    If it's changed in the meantime, that would be taking tons of
    steps back. Haven't been back long enough to check out all
    the threads, although I have seen plenty of new members who
    do wear rosecolored glasses. I just wasn't aware yet that they've
    infested this place. I sure hope not.
    Either way, I'm back and I don't aim to get muzzled for
    voicing my opinion.

    Okay I see now that there's an automatic censor installed.
    First change I notice since I got back. Hmmm.
    Last edited by Cherokee; 08-21-2007 at 01:03 PM. Reason: To see why my post was changed without my doing so.

  20. #20
    Quickie
    Guest

    Re: observer

    I was trying to post a message to thank some posters for their support and PMs, but someone had interfered with my "Quickie" id, so I could not post for the last couple of hours.

    So, goodbye to those who messaged me in the last few hours.

    And someone sent me the mods thread re my banning ... whichever mod it was, thanks. "I agree guys, it's time" etc was one of the comments.

    Adios all, and good luck.

    srj1967

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Goodbye Memphis
    By Sonny in forum Import CD's (information and reviews)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-07-2008, 12:10 AM
  2. Time to say goodbye (for now)
    By vulcandude in forum Off topic
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-05-2007, 08:37 PM
  3. Goodbye Charlie Hodge
    By ForeverTheKing in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-06-2006, 01:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •