Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lisa Marie BLASTS the Memphis Mafia-I love it!

Loving elvis
    well the micheal jackson l agree she could of done better, but besides that l don't see her doing anything wrong myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    Amen on the Michael Jackson thing...do you know that Jerry Schilling and his then girlfriend (can't remember which one at the time - I think Myrna) took Lisa Marie to a Jackson 5 concert and she met Michael in person? She was just a young girl back then....who could have guessed she'd marry him years later?

Yep, I knew that and yep I believe that Jerry was dating Myrna at that time.

The Michael Jackson marriage was just one out of convenience because they were/are both kids who came a similar background with their parents being celebrities.

Backstage Pass
    Nice interview....... personally I think she was spoiled when she was younger and now goes around with some sort of chip on her shoulder...but is a good person

Quote Originally Posted by Trev1 View Post
    Nice interview....... personally I think she was spoiled when she was younger and now goes around with some sort of chip on her shoulder...but is a good person
    My thoughts exactly....

Loving elvis
    we all have a chip on our shoulder, but being elvis daughter and growing up and being allowed to do everything, l would be spoiled too.

Backstage Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    we all have a chip on our shoulder, but being elvis daughter and growing up and being allowed to do everything, l would be spoiled too.
    true, true....

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by EP75 View Post
    You guys are all welcome. I do want to say that those she was referring to were the bad side of the Memphis Mafia. They were Lamar Fike, Marty Lacker and Sonny West. I also believe Dick Grob was on there too that was degrading EP. The good side of the Mafia was Jerry Schilling, George Klein, Charlie Hodge (RIP), Larry Gellar, Joe Esposito and Al Strada. Those are the ones Lisa still associates with.
    I know why Red, Sonny and Hebler are always villained as the ones
    who betrayed Elvis with their book by a great many Elvis fans.
    After my initial anger at them, though, it turned out many of the
    things they'd said were true, unfortunately. I choose to believe
    what they said in the 1977 press conference, BEFORE Elvis died:
    that the book was meant as a wake-up call in hopes that he
    would turn his life around.
    Like I said in another thread: had Elvis not died and had he
    taken their book indeed as a shock treatment to turn his life
    around and had he subsequently gotten clean and survived,
    then the three guys would now be hailed by all the fandom
    as Elvis' saviors; heroes who risked their own livelihood in a
    desperate attempt to save a former employer and friend's
    life.
    But: Elvis died and they were cast off to hell by a certain
    denomination of fans.
    Still: does breaking the silence, exposing the cover-ups,
    make them bad and automatically those who chose to
    keep on covering up and enabling, good? I beg to differ.
    Point is: everybody in and around that house was an
    enabler and powerless to Elvis' demands - either springing
    from character or from drugs.
    Besides: having somebody under the influence with
    loaded guns at his side -> not a good combo

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    I have a mixed opinion about the MM: it's easy to bash them (especially Dave, Sonny and Red), but you must not forget that Elvis needed them. Needed them as friends, as sidekicks, as sort of family and as protection.

Only focusing on a few bad years would be wrong. And the whole "Elvis What Happened" book... well, much of what had been written seemed to be true. And the truth sucked.

Lisa, as a little kid, had very little to do with the nasty side of Elvis. The times on the road, the times Elvis overmedicated himself, the mood-swings... things the members of the MM had to coop with. Lisa was Elvis (spoiled) little angel.

It's so easy to judge afterwards, and this view from Lisa on the MM seems to me like a cheap shot. I wonder when she will confront her mother with the fact that Elvis life turned around (for the bad) when Priscilla wanted to divorce?
    In total agreement with all you said. Lisa left Graceland at age 4,
    only to return every now and then to spend a vacation there.
    Elvis was on the road roughly 65% of the year. The rest of his
    time was divided over Graceland, California and some holiday
    locations. His day and night schedule was upside down, he
    used massive doses of medication. Much of the time he was
    around during visits of Lisa, he wasn't physically there for her
    because he was asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    Yeah or the tell all book her mother wrote where she explains how Elvis kept her in a cage, hit her on the front to teach her how to stare, made love to her forcefully, throwed a chair to her when she stated her opinion on his songs, cheated on her over and over again, ridiculized her in front of people for the way she dressed, intorduced her to drugs... a nice book that has nothing to envy to Elvis What Happened. She is in the same league as the MM wether you like it or not and remember she did that while at EPE where she was supposed to keep his image and legacy. So for me she would be the worst of them just for that.
    In total agreement. But you know as well as I do, that Morticia
    changes her stories every couple of years or so. I predicted this
    a long time ago: one day she may even renew her wedding
    vows to him at his gravesite.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Clawdy View Post
    I agree on all points.
    The day Elvis died also was the end of the great and merry life they led with him. I don't think they expected it to be ever over and sure not that soon. I believe there was a close friendship between all of them, some of them more and some less.
    I thought most of the original guys were all fired or left around
    1976-1977? I thought Elvis was mostly surrounded by new
    meat in his last months, except for Charlie. Joe didn't live close
    to Graceland anymore, either..... Somebody enlighten me, please.

TCB Mafia
    I don't know how long ago that interview was, Lisa looks late 20's early 30's?

One thing that struck me, is watching Lisa's face. Her emotions went from deep, deep, hurt to complete anger, holding herself back, as she didn't want to show her feelings in public, to "yeah, waiting for you, bring it on ". That mix of emotions in that short period of time, was telling to me. That only comes from loving someone deeply, extremely deeply, as she does.

The "E" Show, when was that aired? I gather a while ago.

The thing is, is when people are private, as Lisa is, is that she would feel that she has to be so aware of what she says, as the Tabloids grab onto anything. She is an intelligent woman, she would be thinking ahead. So there is the difficulty of the "Rock and a Hard Place". She said something anyway, no matter what the consequences. I feel, and I do like to observe people's faces and body language, that she was absolutely furious, she was succinct in her reply (like her father) saying everything she needed to say, not opening any doors for further discussion. Her comments were obviously well thought out. She wouldn't do that, unless she wanted to, from caring deeply.

I believe Sonny's new book, takes a knock at Lisa (I haven't read it, it was as mentioned by AJR on here, a while back, so I could be wrong, I don't want to say things out of context and be wrong, but it appeared to be to me, from what she posted).

SM said one time, that because of that show, "E" that is why they continue to take cheap shots at Lisa, as does Lacker (besides all the other obvious reasons of their continual attempts to justify their behaviour, otherwise, why bother talking about it all the time?). My opinion, anyway.

Now a bit along the track, Lisa (who is still reasonabily newly married) is taking the high ground through being positive, reinforcing the good, giving to charity, thinking of others, caring for others. As Charlie did, as Mr Presley did (I have a letter, I am unable to post it here, the programme says the letter is too wide to post. The content of the letter, released to the public (I gather) was Mr Presley replying to the MM's EWH book, explaining the Presley family's point of view and reasons. I'll ask someone if they can post it for me or I'll transcribe it, if you want to read itb?).

The video Lisa recorded recently, I read that she had two hours to record it. I personally think she did a great job. To do these things impulsively, comes from love, not from advisors, or any other rubbish those who are nasty say were the motives. There are some really "interesting" people around.

The new video comes from Lisa thinking of her father, and what she can do, that is the most personal, to connect them together. There was such a wonderful out pouring of respect for the first one, "Don't Cry Daddy" (she couldn't have been speaking more from the heart) so Iwould think, that she would have thought that this tribute would have been extremely fitting, knowing her father loves the song.

Lisa is showing her private feelings, through her music, she is speaking to him through their personal connection, from her heart and her soul as publicly as her personality make-up allows her to do.

Hugs,
    Kimmi

We are going to Warwick for four days for an Eventing comp. in the morning! Take care honey, lyps.

P.S. Friends are there, Larry, SM, Patti, all the interviews I posted, there are a great deal of loving and positive interviews being done, counteracting. Most people see through the "*****s".

Another thing that struck me. Is that when some MM are interviewed, in my opinion, there is a "spin" put on everything, they try to connect with the interviewer, then start their rehearsed story. Watch the body language and the eyes, while they run down other MM who aren't in their "clique" (something telling again, when people run down others, while building themselves up) they are hiding something, (which we know what it is) as they then do the "justification thing".

Lisa came across to me, watching her eyes and her body language, as genuine, real and sincere.
    Last edited by Merry; 08-21-2007 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Added a bit more at the end.

What really turned me off of Lisa Marie was when she was promoting her cd and appeared on the "Howard Stern" show back in 2003.

Now, I am not offended a bit on what Howard says or how he acts, (most of it is just to live up to his "Shock Jock" image), but Lisa inexplicably and nonchalantly talking about drugs, having anal sex and partying on a constant level that would make Britney, Lindsay and Paris look like girl scouts really made her out to look cheap and trashy.

It was in such poor taste.

Just my opinion ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123