Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Elvis The Concert 2007 - Opening + 1st 2 Songs

International Level thehillbillycat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burning_Love View Post
    Srj, you need to let others have their opinion, Ok you have said yours, now it's our turn
    I wouldn't of gone that far to say the way you said it. But you did say it.........

Maybe say it is your opinion and others has theirs. The way you said it seems like that srj is trying to force his opinion on others.

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    What a cool entrance! Love that part where "Elvis" got on the helicopter and fly to the dome. A real clash of times. This guy really had the good posture for portraying ELvis.

And the show sounded great as always. The extra screen (the fourth on the right) and the different sizes makes the show look even more vivid.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Quote Originally Posted by Elvislennon2004 View Post
    I wouldn't of gone that far to say the way you said it. But you did say it.........

Maybe say it is your opinion and others has theirs. The way you said it seems like that srj is trying to force his opinion on others.
    NO NO NO I never mean't it like that I just mean't like, he shouldn't question it..

SOOOORRRRRYYYY I didn't mean to come out that way

SORRY SORRY !

I am gobsmacked.

Absolutely gobsmacked ... disheartened ... and sad.

Quote Originally Posted by srj1967 View Post

How is it fun to have an impersonator do a crass re-enactment of Elvis coming on stage, and then actually walking on stage during the 30th anniversary show???

Anyone else feel the same way? Please tell me I'm not in the minority here ... restore my faith ... it's taken such a battering these past few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by srj1967 View Post
    The people who were lucky enough to see Elvis in concert got just that ... him in concert! There was no footage of him backstage (except in TTWII and EOT) and the whole point of the show was to build up to the end of 2001 and see him bounding onto the stage like no other!

Why create an illusion that Elvis was actually there, when the whole point of the show was to acknowledge 30 years since his death?

Somebody else ... please ... back me up here!!! Am I the only one pissed off at this tackiness??
    You're not the only one srj, I agree with you. I was in Bad Nauheim this weekend and attended the concert "The Elvis Presley Story" performed by Andy Lee Lang and his band. He wasn't disguised as Elvis and didn't look like him at all. He simply narrated Elvis' life story which was accompanied by pictures and of course Elvis' songs. It was a great concert, a tribute to the 30th anniversary of Elvis death, without the need of any artificial poor stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
    ....But keep in mind that over the years Elvis has turned into an "industry".
    Fans come to see the show, and EPE and Sillerman will try anything to make it more into a media circus....Sonny
    That's true of course, but do we have to accept everything they invent to boost the Elvis business and turn him into complete ridiculousness?

International Level thehillbillycat's Avatar
    NO NO NO I never mean't it like that I just mean't like, he shouldn't question it..

SOOOORRRRRYYYY I didn't mean to come out that way

SORRY SORRY !

Hey, I know that you didn't it just seem the way you said it is how it sounded.

Hey, I know that you didn't it just seem the way you said it is how it sounded.
    Thanks for telling me..i will make sure i read it aloud when writing something like that

Loving elvis
    Thanks for telling me..i will make sure i read it aloud when writing something like that
    You just write how you feel burning.

I actually that it was cool! Made it more real for a lot of people.

Nathan Belt
    www.nathanbelt.com

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    You just write how you feel burning.
    Thanks Presley !

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    I thought it was a nice touch, the Aloha arrival revisited

It looked better than LMP new video and shows that if they put their mind to it they can do all kinds of things.

I was there .. The opening was very cool, and from graceland .... i was laughing to see how chubby the fingers of the impersonator was ..LOL... i was wondering why they had George Klein with Joe and Jerry ..instead of Dick Grob and Sam Thompson ??... I knew both Sam and Dick Grob were there at the Insider Meet and Greet..

Quote Originally Posted by cprimm View Post
    I was there and it was one of the best concerts I have ever seen, especially for a person that has been dead 30 years. I was uneasy with the intro, but if you didn't like the intro you wouldn't like the end either - "Elvis has left for Graceland". It was well-produced, the TCB band, Sweets, Millie Kirkham, The Imperals, The Jordanaires and The Stamps were all fantastic. It was so good, in fact, you couldn't watch the stage for looking at the video screens. The sound was the best part. It was like Elvis was live with his band, etc. As Lisa Marie said, "who else could sell out a concert that has been gone for 30 years". She said that she could not be any place else; that she had been left with a lot to "carry"...meaning his legacy and charity, rubbing her belly!!! Elvis and his band "rocked the house". Priscilla emerging from the middle aisle in the audience was also good. She was very friendly and spoke and shook hands with people. She introduced Lisa Marie's video. Some people paid more than $90 for a ticket; the cheap tickets were in the "nosebleed" section. The Insiders paid at least $250 per ticket for seats in front of the stage, to be able to go back stage and mingle with the band, Priscilla, Lisa Marie and EPE people. I was just so happy to be able to see this concert since I never got to see Elvis live in concert. So, all the naysayers about EPE producing and Lisa Marie's video, may have nothing to "pick on" after this year. Priscilla announced that this was the last concert for the TCB band. It was a fantastic concert and I feel lucky to have been in attendance.
    nicely said....

I must say.. the mingle after the show was a dissapointment.... LMP and Cilla show up and said halo 10 minutes before the shows started, when most of the people left vip room to find their seats,... it was nice that we got Cilla pics with her autograph for free...but why not LMP signed the picture as well ??? the pic was btw family picture of them and Elvis...

by the end of the show , we supposed to have some sort of meet and greet with the cast member,..it was only TCB band minus James Burton , i dont blame them for that since they have another midnight shows 30 minutes after ... and to my surprise Richard Sterban from the Stamps Quartet came out , off the stage...and say hi to everybody , signed autograph and i got his picture taken, which was nice of him and that was what i hope would happened with Cilla and LMP too...

I dunno what is your opinion guys,... I feel sorry for Cilla and LMP sometimes... i mean... why cant they learn a little bit from Elvis when he handle such fans ?... we are not crazy... or going to rip their clothes off or something..I must say... I was hoping for them to really provide times to meet and greet with Elvis fans.. not just 10 mins halo...
    and since that was the LAST concert they would have , for 250 dollars worth of ticket i just think i should get a better deal than that.
    I just want to share my experience... overall show was AWESOME ..two thumbs up ..

This concert is the best concert i have ever been to, i went to see it in manchester where i live in 2003 and 2005 we didnt get to have the impersonater at the start of the concert for obvoius reasons but i think it will have been great to see on the night.
    elvislady
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails elvis concert.jpg   scan0003.jpg  

Insiders meet and greet

Quote Originally Posted by buttonhead View Post
    I must say.. the mingle after the show was a dissapointment.... LMP and Cilla show up and said halo 10 minutes before the shows started, when most of the people left vip room to find their seats,... it was nice that we got Cilla pics with her autograph for free...but why not LMP signed the picture as well ??? the pic was btw family picture of them and Elvis...

by the end of the show , we supposed to have some sort of meet and greet with the cast member,..it was only TCB band minus James Burton , i dont blame them for that since they have another midnight shows 30 minutes after ... and to my surprise Richard Sterban from the Stamps Quartet came out , off the stage...and say hi to everybody , signed autograph and i got his picture taken, which was nice of him and that was what i hope would happened with Cilla and LMP too...

I dunno what is your opinion guys,... I feel sorry for Cilla and LMP sometimes... i mean... why cant they learn a little bit from Elvis when he handle such fans ?... we are not crazy... or going to rip their clothes off or something..I must say... I was hoping for them to really provide times to meet and greet with Elvis fans.. not just 10 mins halo...
    and since that was the LAST concert they would have , for 250 dollars worth of ticket i just think i should get a better deal than that.
    I just want to share my experience... overall show was AWESOME ..two thumbs up ..
    Buttonhead, I am sorry the "after show" was a disappointment. If I had paid what you did for one of those tickets, I would have been disappointed also. I thought when the concert did not end until 11:00, that there wouldn't be much time for the Insiders who were led to believe that they could mingle and talk. I think they tried to cram too much into what could have been a wonderful night for the Insiders. Maybe that's why they let you go in early because they cut your time short.

Yes, I do feel sorry for Pris and Lisa because they don't really have a clue what to do or how to treat Elvis' fans. You could tell that Lisa seemed to be overwhelmed when she ended the duet with her father. I don't think she knew what to say. If you think about it....who besides Priscilla and Lisa are left to carry on Elvis' legacy, certainly not EPE? Lisa certainly would not have a life of her own if Priscilla didn't take care of some of the business. Maybe as Lisa is growing up (at nearly 40), she will appreciate her legacy and defend her father more. I think it is hard for her, because she loved him so much, to even talk about certain things. I can put myself in her place and wonder if I could do the duet with my father, who has been dead 30 years, without crying. How do you handle "bigger than life" fame of a father? How do you adequately pay tribute to him?

WOW, AWESOME!!!!!!
    Taking Care of Business
    Til we meet you again, may God bless you, Adios.

We have A Member Is a impersonator and We know who is, He Was there an He did good
    It Took EPE long Time To put a impersonators on list, they didn't liked them In past and they change that.
    I saw Few impersonators back in early 1980'S and I didn't like one I saw, he keep getting the years wrong of songs.
    that's I starting getting in recording sessions and concerts songs Elvis Did In Concerts
    We need to give them break they love Elvis more we do.
    if I didn't A speech problems, I might be an Elvis impersonator.
    Tom

Backstage Pass
    It wasnt an impersonator walking across the stage.It was a hologram or i guess a projection of Elvis himself.People were asked not to photograph during this but they ruined it anyways by taking pictures and it looked kinda blurry.I was there.Great concert overall!

That's right tigerman, the one on stage is original Elvis footage from the Aloha show. Not the impersonator used before that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast