Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hard for Elvis?

Hard for Elvis?

While I was watching the Aloha From Hawaii Special, I couldn't help but thinking with all the sad songs in it such as I Cant Stop Loving You, Its Over,What Now My Love, I'll Remember You and Suspicious Minds, do you think it was hard for Elvis to sing these songs around the time of the whole Priscilla divorce thing? I would think it would be hard to get up and sing sad songs like that with a divorce coming up. What do you think?
    "Its An Elvis Thing Man, You Just Wouldn't Understand"

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...loveselvis.gif

I do not know about "I Can't Stop Loving You" or "Suspicious Minds". They were standard songs he could in his sleep. I do know that the other songs you have mentioned like "It's Over" and "What Now My Love" did reflect his mood and mental state.

But you what's really hard? Filing for devorce on your birthday. 'Cause that's what he did.

I read a quote from Linda Thompson, where Elvis had said to her, that he wanted to "showcase his voice, " I think he succeeded!

well when i hear songs like that and others it makes me feel like crying cos you can see the reasons why he is singing them his life reflects his music and thats what breaks my heart cos it must have been hard for him to sing them in public with the world knowing why he was singing them

wasn't he just gorgeous on the Aloha From Hawaii Special? I think he looked his best from 68 thru 70 - but I have to say he really did look wonderful in 1973 during this special....did you guys catch when he threw the cup of water on Charlie Hodges? He was always goofing with them that way.

Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    wasn't he just gorgeous on the Aloha From Hawaii Special? I think he looked his best from 68 thru 70 - but I have to say he really did look wonderful in 1973 during this special....did you guys catch when he threw the cup of water on Charlie Hodges? He was always goofing with them that way.
    He was gorgeous in TTWII and EOT to.
    elvislady

Quote Originally Posted by elvislady View Post
    He was gorgeous in TTWII and EOT to.
    elvislady

I have to disagree about him looking good in Elvis On Tour...he was very pale in that movie.....
    Last edited by Tony Trout; 08-20-2007 at 03:33 PM.

I think maybe Elvis was too ill to think about it. In Aloha he is not himself, he seems quieter (maybe because of how many people were watching) But there is something different there.
    I think you gave me a mountain when he says "my woman got tired of all the heartaches, tired of all the grief anf the strife..." i think he thought of Cilla then but he was more worried about his appearence and performance.

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by Burning_Love View Post
    I think maybe Elvis was too ill to think about it. In Aloha he is not himself, he seems quieter (maybe because of how many people were watching) But there is something different there.
    I think you gave me a mountain when he says "my woman got tired of all the heartaches, tired of all the grief anf the strife..." i think he thought of Cilla then but he was more worried about his appearence and performance.
    Too right Burning

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Car View Post
    Elvis had said to her, that he wanted to "showcase his voice, " I think he succeeded!

That he did!

I remember watching "Aloha from Hawaii" when very young, and it was a pivitol moment for me.

Kim

Elvis had lost a lot of weight for the Aloha special and that's why people think he looked healthy, but in reality there was no long-term plan or possibility to maintain that weight, I think. Elvis' good looks are artificial.

I think Elvis had known for some time things were changing, even in 1971 and 1972. It was his talent to put emotion into a song, whether it be joy or grief, and these sadder songs are autobiographical, so to say - it makes no difference 'You Gave Me A Mountain' is about a baby-boy, the theme is very clear to me.
    Last edited by EnigmaticSun; 08-20-2007 at 03:29 PM. Reason: minor error
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

all the goons I left behind, memories still linger..

Re: Hard for Elvis?

OMG, I was thinking about the same thing, I think it was hard for him to sing these songs.

I LOVE
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ [̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅L̲̅][̲̅̅V̲̅][̲̅̅I̲​̅][̲̅̅S̲̅] [̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅R̲̅][̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅S̲​̅][̲̅̅L̲̅[̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅] ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪

My page on YouTube and on MyElvisWorld:
    http://www.youtube.com/cibetty, http://www.myelvisworld.com/cibetty

Quote Originally Posted by goodelvisgirl View Post
    well when i hear songs like that and others it makes me feel like crying cos you can see the reasons why he is singing them his life reflects his music and thats what breaks my heart cos it must have been hard for him to sing them in public with the world knowing why he was singing them
    I feel absolutely the same!!

I LOVE
    ♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ [̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅L̲̅][̲̅̅V̲̅][̲̅̅I̲​̅][̲̅̅S̲̅] [̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅R̲̅][̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅S̲​̅][̲̅̅L̲̅[̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅] ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪

My page on YouTube and on MyElvisWorld:
    http://www.youtube.com/cibetty, http://www.myelvisworld.com/cibetty

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    I have to disagree about him looking good in Elvis On Tour...he was very pale in that movie.....
    I think alot of times us Elvis fans are far to hard on him..
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    Its strange-take a look at many of the outtakes from EOT which have been circulating the last few years-when Elvis is rehearsing "Johnny B Goode" and "Burning Love" etc he looks fine IMO slimmer looking, healthier look in his face. The lighting was done horribly in many of the concert shots 2 bright-not balanced well. I mean one day he looks fine-the next he looks pale and white. Something was just wrong on some of those shots.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Its strange-take a look at many of the outtakes from EOT which have been circulating the last few years-when Elvis is rehearsing "Johnny B Goode" and "Burning Love" etc he looks fine IMO slimmer looking, healthier look in his face. The lighting was done horribly in many of the concert shots 2 bright-not balanced well. I mean one day he looks fine-the next he looks pale and white. Something was just wrong on some of those shots.
    Agreed. The stage lights, in my opinion, have a lot to do with how pale his skin was.

Hello

I think that was a really hard time for Elvis. I think he really miss Priscilla and I think that was a thing for him to sing out all the sad feelings I think.

I feel so sorry for Elvis and I think that was really hard for him.

Hugs Anna

I

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LtCarman View Post
    Agreed. The stage lights, in my opinion, have a lot to do with how pale his skin was.

The stage lights in Hampton Roads definitely had a lot to do with how 'white-ish'/pale he looked. From the other footage used for the movie, he looked fine, IMO.

I remember when my wife and I were going through some troubles in our marriage, and like Elvis, I was stunned when she told me that she had feelings for another man. The emotional roller coaster I was on was heart-wrenching to say the least, and ripped me apart. Thanks god our issues were resolved, and our marriage is rock solid, but for awhile, it effected my relationship with my kids, my job and everything. I suspect Elvis was going through the same thing, despite having other beautiful women at his side. My point is, given how emotionally attached Elvis was to his music, I can see why he kind of chose the songs he did in 72/73.

International Level elvispresleytheking's Avatar

I think it was more of a way of expression of those feelings, maybe easier than others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast