Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Lisa Marie Presley

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    yea, but we aren't talking about Elizabeth Taylor or any other little girl, we are talking about Lisa Marie Presley...and I think this is how arguements start. Why criticize? We all have our opinions. She was a beautiful little girl - as were others - however we are talking about LMP. It gets to the point anymore that I don't even want to post because for some reason it always turns into something more......(yes now I'll get bashed too I guess..)

Okay, but you opened the door to mentioning others by saying
    Lisa was the "most beautiful little girl EVERRRR " If you don't
    want people to come up with examples to the contrary, don't
    make a blanket statement that invites it. Just say that YOU
    think she was a very beautiful little girl. Then I would say:
    I disagree without needing to come up with examples.
    Last edited by Cherokee; 08-24-2007 at 07:50 AM.

I don't think Lisa was the most beautiful little girl I've ever seen but she sure was cute as a bunny and looked like the little hellion she was. I bet keeping track of where that kid was and what she was doing wasn't easy.

Thanks Cherokee for pointing out that Drew Barrymore could have been Elvis' child in looks. I agree, her general facial structure is very similar. She's one of my favorite actresses.

Diane

actually, I didn't say she was the most beautiful girl ever - someone else did - I was just coming to their defense...

Never noticed the resemblance with Drew and Lisa - quite remarkable.

I don't think Lisa had much adult supervision growing up - atleast after her Mom and Dad split and she went back to Graceland to visit her Dad...do you?

No I don't ksimms2, I think you're right, that that little kid was left to run wild about the place quite a lot. I think the cooks etc. tried to keep an eye on her but if they tried to discipline in any way, her reply would have been the old standard "you're not my mother, or my dad", whatever the case.

I think she was an angry child and still has that emotion running through her.

I think that she also had some very happy times when her dad was around and otherwise but I think she shared her dad's worries about her parents as a child just like her dad did but hers came out in anger while his came out in a desperate feeling of having to take care of them.

I also think that Lisa has been a good mother and gives her children what she missed.

This is just my own personal opinion I've formed of her over the years and I may be totally off.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    No I don't ksimms2, I think you're right, that that little kid was left to run wild about the place quite a lot. I think the cooks etc. tried to keep an eye on her but if they tried to discipline in any way, her reply would have been the old standard "you're not my mother, or my dad", whatever the case.

I think she was an angry child and still has that emotion running through her.

I think that she also had some very happy times when her dad was around and otherwise but I think she shared her dad's worries about her parents as a child just like her dad did but hers came out in anger while his came out in a desperate feeling of having to take care of them.

I also think that Lisa has been a good mother and gives her children what she missed.

This is just my own personal opinion I've formed of her over the years and I may be totally off.

Diane
    Diane, I'd say that is a pretty good deduction. I know with my 10yr old daughter, I try and give her what I did not receive as a child as well.....telling her I love her, etc. because my mom was not a person to show affection at all...so I think as parents we try and make up for what we were lacking as children ourselves....whether it be material things or just plain good old affection.

Leave it up to you women to argue how good or not good looking Lisa was was as a childLet me clear it all up.She was a cute kid just like most toddlers at those ages.Drew may have a slight resemblance to Elvis in a few photos but that's it.Lisa Presley is the spitting image of her father.One look at her and you know who her father was.Anybody that cant see that needs to see an eye doctor.It's almost spooky.
    Jak

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    Leave it up to you women to argue how good or not good looking Lisa was was as a childLet me clear it all up.She was a cute kid just like most toddlers at those ages.Drew may have a slight resemblance to Elvis in a few photos but that's it.Lisa Presley is the spitting image of her father.One look at her and you know who her father was.Anybody that cant see that needs to see an eye doctor.It's almost spooky.
    Jak
    Oh, I agree, she is spitting image of her dad.

Thanks you ksimms2, your a lovely person. I am very upset after her saying this "Hmm, that implies that you have seen EVERY little girl, everywhere, in the
    history of mankind!" NO I HAVE NOT SEEN EVERY GIRL IN THE WORLD, i am very angry and i am not an angry person (you can tell from my threads) This is not fair, i didn't mean it out of every girl, it was A TERM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

You don't know me, i am a very caring person and when i see something cute, like a baby or an animal, they are ALL THE CUTEST THING EVER
    Last edited by Burning_Love; 08-24-2007 at 09:15 AM.

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    Jak

My boy, my boy: good thing you stuck a smiley behind that,
    otherwise.......

I beg to differ about your "slight resemblance" remark regarding
    Drew. If Lisa WERE her dad's spitting image, she'd have rounder
    lips, a fuller top lip, a rounder nose, slightly bigger eyes and a
    slightly narrower jawline. She has as much resemblance to Elvis
    as Drew has, except she has the advantage of her gene pool.
    I didn't say you can't see who her father is:

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee
    Yes, she resembles him. Yes, you can guess
    who her father is. But NO: she is NOT his
    spitting image.
    Different shape of head (more massive and broader in the jaw
    region, like grandma Bealieu, Pris' mom), different nose: much
    sharper and narrower and more upturned in profile, different
    mouth: a combination of Gladys', Pris' mom and Priscilla's
    (original) lips.
    Don't even get me started on the teeth: much lower
    implant than Elvis, resulting in a very gummy smile.

TCB Mafia
    I don't know what is happening lately here on this forum, but almost every topic ends in endless and needless argues

Even innocent ones about the looks of a little girl, jeez.

I agree with you Jak, I do think Lisa resembles her dad a lot more than Drew Barrymore. She may not have the exact facial structure as Elvis, but her features are so similar, her eyes are what remind me of him the most and not just because of the makeup she wears and I also agree it's enough to make her "spooky".

Children pick up physical traits from both sides of the family. Very few can be said to be "identical" to one parent. I see Elvis and Priscilla and both their parents in all these kids with the exception of Priscilla's step-dad of course.

Diane

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Burning_Love View Post
    Thanks you ksimms2, your a lovely person. I am very upset after her saying this "Hmm, that implies that you have seen EVERY little girl, everywhere, in the
    history of mankind!" NO I HAVE NOT SEEN EVERY GIRL IN THE WORLD, i am very angry and i am not an angry person (you can tell from my threads) This is not fair, i didn't mean it out of every girl, it was A TERM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

You don't know me, i am a very caring person and when i see something cute, like a baby or an animal, they are ALL THE CUTEST THING EVER
    You can adress "her" directly, because that would be me.
    But I've viewed your profile and since you're only 16, I
    won't go into semantics with you anymore. It's okay.

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I don't think Lisa was the most beautiful little girl I've ever seen but she sure was cute as a bunny and looked like the little hellion she was. I bet keeping track of where that kid was and what she was doing wasn't easy.

Thanks Cherokee for pointing out that Drew Barrymore could have been Elvis' child in looks. I agree, her general facial structure is very similar. She's one of my favorite actresses.

Diane
    You're welcome, Diane.

I think it's good for me not to write on this thread, i don't like getting angry; it's not me.
    So whoever wants to can discuss on this thread, i am finished with it

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by Burning_Love View Post
    I think it's good for me not to write on this thread, i don't like getting angry; it's not me.
    So whoever wants to can discuss on this thread, i am finished with it
    Don't you worry about anything, feel free to say how you feel We all have different views.

I don't understand how things get so out of hand here - even just discussion whether LMP looks like her dad...and now you guys are breaking it down body part by body part (head/chin/teeth/gums,etc.)....I think most of us are just generally comparing her and yes she resembles her dad.

Why take things so literally? Like Burning Love's comment about "cutest little girl ever"...it's just a slang used, she didn't mean it literally.....I've said it many times myself to my little nieces or friends little kids...."you're just the cutest little thing" or whatever....

I hate trying to discsuss just general stuff - not even deep discussions and it turns ugly. I just don't get it myself....I have no beef with anyone on here and I just wish things would stay light.....now when discussing deeper subjects I can understand a good heated debate.....

Happy Friday everyone!

Yes Cherokee, there are some young ones on here and their views are definately different than ours - this is all new to them - things we've probably discussed hundreds of times. So they are getting involved more deeply and feel it like it just happened = whereas we've been around and have heard things over the years.....hope that makes sense?

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    Yes Cherokee, there are some young ones on here and their views are definately different than ours - this is all new to them - things we've probably discussed hundreds of times. So they are getting involved more deeply and feel it like it just happened = whereas we've been around and have heard things over the years.....hope that makes sense?
    Well said

Ksimms2 you're right in your assessment. Every forum has these arguments that get out of hand but I've been told that this one is the most peaceable and I do know the moderators keep a close eye out.

Danielle, hang in there. It's smart of you to back out if you feel you're getting angry. If everyone did that, there wouldn't be this kind of problem.

Diane

Thanks Ksimms2, your right, i have only been a fan for 2 years, like you said, it's all new to me

Danielle, hang in there. It's smart of you to back out if you feel you're getting angry. If everyone did that, there wouldn't be this kind of problem.
    Thanks Diane, i am going to sit this one out because i have said my bit and i don't want to start an argument over something so small --> It's not me. And i believe, we all love Elvis so why are we arguing? But i don't want to get into a disagreement because basically i love everyone on here and respect their opinions

Anyway, thanks for all the great pics everyone

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast