Thread: Elvis inducted into the duck walk hall of fame

Elvis inducted into the duck walk hall of fame

Seeing is believing. Even though I know the ducks at the Peabody are an old tradition I find it insulting to Elvis memory and legacy first to be turned into a rubber duck and not happy with that alone be inducted into the Duck Walk of Fame. No wonder half the world think of us like weirdos.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U51YfV1cQNM

As someone said here before they have left pass the opportunity of giving Elvis some serious recognition for his art on his 30th death anniversary.

Actually this is an honor for EP. You have to be someone very important or special to be inducted into the Duck Walk Hall Of Fame. It isn't given out to just anyone. There is a tradition at the Peabody hotel in Memphis that is worldly known for their mid day duck stroll. Larry King was honored the night before EP was and Oprah I believe was honored when she did the Graceland interview with her cousin Lisa Marie. Yes I said her cousin.

Quote Originally Posted by EP75 View Post
    Actually this is an honor for EP. You have to be someone very important or special to be inducted into the Duck Walk Hall Of Fame. It isn't given out to just anyone. There is a tradition at the Peabody hotel in Memphis that is worldly known for their mid day duck stroll. Larry King was honored the night before EP was and Oprah I believe was honored when she did the Graceland interview with her cousin Lisa Marie. Yes I said her cousin.
    If you say so... maybe for you it is a great tribute but I don?t think it is the honor he deserved. By the way according to Oprah?s tale anyone with the name Presley would be remotely related to Elvis.

There was a show on TV Land August 16 that was called Elvis-Myths & Legends and one of the stories was about EP being related to Oprah. Jerry Schilling and Linda Thompson both said it would be great if true because was multiracial anyhow with Jew and Cherokee. Linda said EP would be honored to have been related to a woman like Oprah. They also showed a research done on both EP and Oprah's family tree and sure enough Vernon's name came up as did EP. It was interesting. So I don't think Oprah was lying.

Here's a link to that interview with Lisa at Graceland. BTW, Oprah is the only celebrity since EP's death to eat at his dining room table. I wonder why.

http://presleyspride.com/oprah06.wmv

Quote Originally Posted by EP75 View Post
    There was a show on TV Land August 16 that was called Elvis-Myths & Legends and one of the stories was about EP being related to Oprah. Jerry Schilling and Linda Thompson both said it would be great if true because was multiracial anyhow with Jew and Cherokee. Linda said EP would be honored to have been related to a woman like Oprah. They also showed a research done on both EP and Oprah's family tree and sure enough Vernon's name came up as did EP. It was interesting. So I don't think Oprah was lying.

Here's a link to that interview with Lisa at Graceland. BTW, Oprah is the only celebrity since EP's death to eat at his dining room table. I wonder why.

http://presleyspride.com/oprah06.wmv
    Yes I had seen it already and download it after it was posted, thanks for the link anyway. I don?t have any problem with Oprah being remotely related to EP and that don?t change my opinion about Elvis 30th anniversary and the way they seem to not giving him credit for what he achieved in music history.
    In my opinion things like The Duck Hall of Fame by the Peabody and a lot of things that EPE does to promote him is continuing to feed the joke image that Elvis has in the mind of a lot of people.