Thread: How Did You Spend Your Day??

How Did You Spend Your Day??

I watched Elvis ALL day, but when he weren't on i was on my laptop watching Elvis..

I have had goosebumps all day too, i found it strange, but i know Elvis is looking down on us.
    Also, i have been wishing to be at Graceland, paying my respects.

Now i'm retiring for the night, Elvis on my mind, and in my thoughts. Those are the places he will never leave....
    1935-1977

Goodbye My Darling, Until we meet again, may God bless You..

..Adios..

I spent it watching every special, every interview, anything to do w/Elvis today...and taping...I taped everything. And I recalled 30yrs ago like it was yesterday even though I was only 10. LOVE HIM ALWAYS!

Good ? thank you for posing it.

Quote Originally Posted by RememberMe View Post
    People mean well but when they carry it to the point where somebody dies, as they did in Memphis, from the heat, it's going too far.

I'm gonna have to agree with you on this....

Elvis passed away on this day....as much as I love Elvis I think it's kinda creepy to remember and "celebrate" the day he died....why not celebrate the life and legacy of Elvis and the music he left behind??

I spent my day remembering Elvis... I have watched the specials and taped some of them, and listened to his music. I just sat this day aside to remember his life, the good things he did for so many, and the love that he had for mankind. Rest in Peace Elvis... After 30 years, we still love you!

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't "celebrate" his death, I don't understand that mentality, I just spend the day quiet watching him and listening to his music and feeling very sad that he is not still with us.

I too agree about the part about that lady dying, I don't think Elvis would have wanted what this has become.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzan View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but I don't "celebrate" his death, I don't understand that mentality, I just spend the day quiet watching him and listening to his music and feeling very sad that he is not still with us.

I too agree about the part about that lady dying, I don't think Elvis would have wanted what this has become.

In total agreement with you... I do NOT celebrate this day..for it is and always will be a very sad day for me. However, I remember his life today...and I too wish he were still with us. We lost a great humanitarian and entertainer...

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

I watched and listened to everything I could. Called in at work and said I'd be running late. Charro was on! (didn't tell them that, though!)

Well I had school this morning so I didnt get to do anything until 3 but when i got home i watched the 68 Comeback Special then listened to the Elvis R&B Cd. I just got done watching the Ed Sullivan show with all this performances and Elvis By The Presleys and now im listening to C.C.Rider!!! 30 years ago today i just cant believe it!!!
    "Its An Elvis Thing Man, You Just Wouldn't Understand"

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...loveselvis.gif

Im just going to let my fingers writte what is coming from my heart.I am going to pour my heart and cry.I have watched Elvis all day yesterday,last night,and all day today.As I sit in front of my giant plasma TV i see a big Elvis.And is not the size of the tv.He was that big.Bigger than life!Elvis by the Presleys'was on tvland tonite!In the bigining I see a Prescilla that is all to herself.But right at the end I see a woman that hurt.That still hurts.She said that she will die defending Elvis legacy.I think the Elvis'and Prescilla loved each other alot.They were both victims of the cir****************ances.She was a young wife very much in love that had to stay home and take care her child.He was an old fashion southern men who believed that a wife place is at home.I truly believe they both were very much in love.I have said a few unkind and unfair things about Prescilla.And I am not God to judge her,Lisa or anyone in the Presley family at that matter.Tonite Im going to say that I am glad that Prescilla stood up for what Elvis worked for.Thanks to her 30 years after we're abled to visit Graceland and the spirit of Elvis still alive!Tonite my sisters and I cried again.We love him.We will always love him.There is no way to explain my endless love for this guy that I never met.How can this posible?How can you love someone and cry over someone you never met?My mother tells me that is not right for me to have so many framed pictures,posters,estatues,videos of a man that has been dead for 30 years now.She says that I am crazy.That I am wrong.And if loving Elvis is wrong I don't want to be right.

GirlHappy19
    Elvis4Ever
    "Man,I just work here"
    EP 1968 ComaBack

KingsQueen. Well said...he will forever and ever be missed, the heart of the man was soooo beautiful, never ever will there be another like him, to say nothing of his great talent.

International Level Menwithbrokenhearts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    In total agreement with you... I do NOT celebrate this day..for it is and always will be a very sad day for me. However, I remember his life today...and I too wish he were still with us. We lost a great humanitarian and entertainer...
    I agree. I spent the day listening to , talking about, and watching Elvis at various times but it is always a bittersweet thing with me. I still somewhat have that feeling of loss and sadness I had when I heard the news 30 years ago. Even being in Memphis last year, and with all that was going on, on the 16th , it makes me melancholy and a bit sad. Can't explain it, but I wished the big celebrations were on his birthday, or the anniversary of his first big hit or something else. Anyway I try to stay positive on this day and remember and reminisce. He was truly a wonder.
    Got my family, my kids, my books and my music, I'm good, yeah, I'm good.....

I didn't 'Celebrate' per say, i remembered him by wathing these things on TV.
    Thanks for all your answers ?

I had a hospital appointment in the morning, then had to go to work, but the radio was on all day and my work colleagues asked me loads of questions and they all admitted that they thought he was great and could understand why I love him so much.

I did go to Cardiff Bay (South Wales) in the evening, with a close friend who has been an avid fan for as long as I have. The Millennium Centre in the Bay had a live band with an impersonator (don't usually go for these but this guy was pretty good!), then they showed Elvis On Tour on a big screen. This was the first time that the centre has ever shown a movie. Still breaking records after all this time - Go, Elvis, go!!

Cadillac King
    I went to a memorial concert in Valkenburg, where Ren? Schumann (A famous Dutch singer) and angel eye, Wanda Jackson and an other Dutch singer named Peter Koelewijn payed tribute to Elvis. The concert was visited by 6000 people and it was a great show. It was wonderful to hear and see all the people sing with the stars. It was on a hill, but I'm sure that everybody in the town below could hear us. I just hope they could appreciate it. Lol.

Christel (TCE)