Thread: Lisa Marie planning big surprise for Elvis' birthday!

Lisa Marie planning big surprise for Elvis' birthday!

It was just mentioned on ET that Lisa is planning a special project for EP's 73rd birthday in January. It's a top secret project but she promises it will be special. I wonder if this has something to do with Sillerman's comments about new music coming.

They showed a sneak peak of In The Ghetto duet. And they used EP's original version and just added her vocals to it. There's no new music. The whole video is done in black and white. EP's live version is used for the video footage spliced with her singing her part. But it looked classic and nicely put together for such a short time frame.

Thanks for the info, i sure do look foward to whatevers gona happen ! And the video too !

You're welcome

I'm excited about this, happy to see she's finally doing things for him...jmo...I love her to death but I think she's not been involved as much as maybe us fans would have liked to see.

That video of In The Ghetto will be very moving, judging by the snippets...I can't wait to see the whole thing.

I like how she said on GMA that she could imagine him @ 72 when Diane Sawyer said "hard to imagine".

WELL SAID AND AMEN Shazam! You can FEEL the love she has for her dad, it's tangible, it's real and it's right there! She sold the business, that is what I believe she was trained to do by her mother. But the love she has for her DAD is very very real.

Last night on Larry King Priscilla addressed the selling of EPE to CKX soon to become X19. She said that they had done all they could over the years and that it wasn't possible to continue at the rate that they were going. So this all makes sense as to why the sale happened. I am more comfortable with them partnering with FXS instead of being a small family business that couldn't grow any bigger on their own.

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzan View Post
    WELL SAID AND AMEN Shazam! You can FEEL the love she has for her dad, it's tangible, it's real and it's right there! She sold the business, that is what I believe she was trained to do by her mother. But the love she has for her DAD is very very real.

Hi Suzan,

I agree with you.

There is a video where Lisa is being interviewed. She is putting on a brave face (I know, I do the same thing) my opinion, inside, her love for her father runs so deep, that there would not be words. She loves him, blood does that, she loves him.
    Lisa is private, like her father is. It was also pointed out to me, that sometimes that brave face looks like indifference, when in fact, it is the opposite. She loves Elvis deeply.

Kimmi

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Hi Suzan,

I agree with you.

There is a video where Lisa is being interviewed. She is putting on a brave face (I know, I do the same thing) my opinion, inside, her love for her father runs so deep, that there would not be words. She loves him, blood does that, she loves him.
    Lisa is private, like her father is. It was also pointed out to me, that sometimes that brave face looks like indifference, when in fact, it is the opposite. She loves Elvis deeply.

Kimmi
    Well said, my friend! I find it sad that she never had the chance to grow up under his direct influence...we must remember that she lost him at a very young age. I too think she has a deep love for the man, and a respect for his music.

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    Well said, my friend! I find it sad that she never had the chance to grow up under his direct influence...we must remember that she lost him at a very young age. I too think she has a deep love for the man, and a respect for his music.

Hello my special friend,

Yes, and you know, although Elvis is gone, I can speak from personal experience, that when a little girl looses her father, by whatever means, he is always with her, no matter what, always in her thoughts and he wouldn't have to ever worry about that love lessoning, just isn't possible.

For Elvis:

Kimmi

I know he needs these too:
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks kimmi and Jess.
    Yes I agree, I wish, but not as much I'm sure as she does, that she had had him around much longer, I don't think those she did have around were always what they needed to be for her, I'll leave it @ that w/that topic lol, her dad on the other hand loved her unconditionally, and it ticks me off to no end when I hear interviewer's blabber about how he wasn't a good dad because he was gone, well you know what, there are dad's that are always around and they suck as parents, what matters and what remains from listening and seeing Lisa, is that even though she had him for a short time she KNEW and KNOWS that he loved her, I think they loved ea. other tremendously, and just as lost as Elvis felt when she was taken away from Graceland, I think the little girl and now the woman, felt and feels somewhat lost w/o him. Yes she was young when he died but I truly truly believe that she remembers, and remembers more then she wants to say, because as she stated, she wants some things of him to be just hers and I have to respect that.
    She is TRULY her father's daughter, I got to see that first hand, and it was beautiful and quite eerie.

I agree also w/the part about always having him w/her...that is very true, my grandfather whom I was extremely close to and a grandma are never far from my thoughts even decades later. You know Elvis once told Linda Thompson that his greatest fear (after the divorce) was that his little girl will forget him...I'm sooo very happy to see that she has not and I think and hope that wherever he is, he sees and knows this to and that it makes him happy because he so deserved happiness, and since he only had it briefly in his lifetime I hope wherever he is now, that he's found that lasting happiness for he so deserves it.
    Last edited by Suzan; 08-16-2007 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Forgot to address something.lol

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzan View Post
    Thanks kimmi and Jess.
    Yes I agree, I wish, but not as much I'm sure as she does, that she had had him around much longer, I don't think those she did have around were always what they needed to be for her, I'll leave it @ that w/that topic lol, her dad on the other hand loved her unconditionally, and it ticks me off to no end when I hear interviewer's blabber about how he wasn't a good dad because he was gone, well you know what, there are dad's that are always around and they suck as parents, what matters and what remains from listening and seeing Lisa, is that even though she had him for a short time she KNEW and KNOWS that he loved her, I think they loved ea. other tremendously, and just as lost as Elvis felt when she was taken away from Graceland, I think the little girl and now the woman, felt and feels somewhat lost w/o him. Yes she was young when he died but I truly truly believe that she remembers, and remembers more then she wants to say, because as she stated, she wants some things of him to be just hers and I have to respect that.
    She is TRULY her father's daughter, I got to see that first hand, and it was beautiful and quite eerie.

I agree also w/the part about always having him w/her...that is very true, my grandfather whom I was extremely close to and a grandma are never far from my thoughts even decades later. You know Elvis once told Linda Thompson that his greatest fear (after the divorce) was that his little girl will forget him...I'm sooo very happy to see that she has not and I think and hope that wherever he is, he sees and knows this to and that it makes him happy because he so deserved happiness, and since he only had it briefly in his lifetime I hope wherever he is now, that he's found that lasting happiness for he so deserves it.

Dearest Suzan,

Do you mind sharing what you experienced first hand re Lisa and Elvis?

Thank you for your wonderful thoughts.

I too, go on my experiences, and quite honestly, my greatest influence in my life, was from my grandparents, and I stopped living with them around nine, they (like Elvis would have with Lisa) influenced me for the rest of my life, at that young age. There was a click.

Lisa, I agree, is truely her father's daughter. Besides the obvious with looks and mannerisms, I feel, from the interviews I have watched, that she has Elvis' way of thinking to some extent, she importantly, has the same spiritual beliefs, and family is important to her, they come first.

Lisa is reasonably recently married, I would think still in newlywed stage, and appears to be spending a lot of time with her family, and rightly so.

I think Elvis has had a lot of happiness for many years; however, it just got bumpy .... friends are everywhere, everywhere, trusted friends.

LOL Kimmi (and Jess)
    must be my split personality, huh? lol

Do you like my puppy? Storm the storm..........arghhhhh lol, anyone want to buy some pre-chewed household items?

I wouldn't mind sharing privately but am leery of doing so on an open forum, for reason's I'd be happy to explain, again privately.

I agree, I too had incredible closeness w/grandparents...so you know, it just never leaves it's always with you.

Your welcome and I thank you for sharing your thoughts and taking the time to read mine.

Lisa is very much her father's daughter, very much so and it's a bittersweet thing to see.

Cadillac King
    Anybody any idea what the surprise will be?

Quote Originally Posted by EP75 View Post
    It was just mentioned on ET that Lisa is planning a special project for EP's 73rd birthday in January. It's a top secret project but she promises it will be special. I wonder if this has something to do with Sillerman's comments about new music coming.

They showed a sneak peak of In The Ghetto duet. And they used EP's original version and just added her vocals to it. There's no new music. The whole video is done in black and white. EP's live version is used for the video footage spliced with her singing her part. But it looked classic and nicely put together for such a short time frame.
    Speaking of the new music promise, did you ever recall where the Joe Esposito interview was where he claimed he had boxes of unreleased music in his basement. I have tried every different angle I could in wording a search on that topic and I get interviews with Joe but the quote is no where in them. I would really like to read the whole thing to see what he said exactly and if he elaborated on it any further. I guess I could try e-mailing Joe at his site if you can't recall where it was. This is such a promising hope for perhaps something truely new if its true.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Speaking of the new music promise, did you ever recall where the Joe Esposito interview was where he claimed he had boxes of unreleased music in his basement. I have tried every different angle I could in wording a search on that topic and I get interviews with Joe but the quote is no where in them. I would really like to read the whole thing to see what he said exactly and if he elaborated on it any further. I guess I could try e-mailing Joe at his site if you can't recall where it was. This is such a promising hope for perhaps something truely new if its true.
    No I didn't. And I hate that because it was the week of his big announcement that was supposed to shock the EP world. I am almost certain it was on EP Gold where I saw it. But I wouldn't know the date it was posted.

I can tell you that I remember vaguely he said something like this. "There's a lot of stuff that remains a secret in the EP world that I am going to let out in my new book. I also have a basement full of unreleased audio tapes of Elvis waiting to be heard."

Now that doesn't mean he has lost masters of new songs on those tapes that he was referring to . They could be audio tapes of EP talking and goofing off. We all know a tape recorder was always running before sessions and during breaks. So maybe this was what he was referring to.

I can't imagine how Lisa feels - losing her dad at such a young age - and not just a regular Dad - but Elvis. It's like she can't mourn him normally - the whole world is also mourning him - I wonder how that makes her feel? I think it bothered her most of her life and it seems she is just now opening up to accept it - perhaps this is why she is now doing special things in honor of those dates? 8/16 and 1/8? Also like turning the light on in his bedroom at Graceland - she had never done that before she said.....she wanted to do that for his fans.....that was sweet.

I ordered Joe Esposito's new book - have not received it yet - time to start calling and checking on it. I also just finished reading Jerry Schilling's book "Me And A Guy Named Elvis" and it was a great book - I recommend it to all.....you won't be disappointed.

No I didn't. And I hate that because it was the week of his big announcement that was supposed to shock the EP world. I am almost certain it was on EP Gold where I saw it. But I wouldn't know the date it was posted.

I can tell you that I remember vaguely he said something like this. "There's a lot of stuff that remains a secret in the EP world that I am going to let out in my new book. I also have a basement full of unreleased audio tapes of Elvis waiting to be heard."

Now that doesn't mean he has lost masters of new songs on those tapes that he was referring to . They could be audio tapes of EP talking and goofing off. We all know a tape recorder was always running before sessions and during breaks. So maybe this was what he was referring to.
    I'm pretty sure its not at EP Gold, been there twice and they have interviews which go back quite a few years- up to now and he is not there.
    I know he would have no masters, but I was hoping for rehearsal tapes where he may have worked on a few songs which he never recorded. Such as the one Ed Bonja had which produced "Twelfth of Never" a few years back.
    Heres a Q&A with him where he talks about it:

Q- I believe that we have you to thank for the fabulous tape of Elvis' rehearsal for the Opening show in Las Vegas August 1974?

Ed - You are right. I was there for that rehearsal and one other at RCA that Tom Diskin couldn't make. I recorded that 74 rehearsal and Tom said to make sure that I kept the tape because Elvis might want to hear something. Well, no one ever asked me for it and so I ended up with the cassette. I used to play it in my car on my way to & from work and driving around! Finally Ernst Jorgensen called me and in the end I went to New York and sold it to RCA for practically nothing! That's how they got 'Twelfth of Never'.
    If he is talking about tapes of Elvis just conversing and goofing around- No music- its interesting but I would not buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I'm pretty sure its not at EP Gold, been there twice and they have interviews which go back quite a few years- up to now and he is not there.
    I know he would have no masters, but I was hoping for rehearsal tapes where he may have worked on a few songs which he never recorded. Such as the one Ed Bonja had which produced "Twelfth of Never" a few years back.
    Heres a Q&A with him where he talks about it:

Q- I believe that we have you to thank for the fabulous tape of Elvis' rehearsal for the Opening show in Las Vegas August 1974?

Ed - You are right. I was there for that rehearsal and one other at RCA that Tom Diskin couldn't make. I recorded that 74 rehearsal and Tom said to make sure that I kept the tape because Elvis might want to hear something. Well, no one ever asked me for it and so I ended up with the cassette. I used to play it in my car on my way to & from work and driving around! Finally Ernst Jorgensen called me and in the end I went to New York and sold it to RCA for practically nothing! That's how they got 'Twelfth of Never'.
    If he is talking about tapes of Elvis just conversing and goofing around- No music- its interesting but I would not buy it.
    It wasn't in an interview on EP Gold but from an article of some sort. In other words, EP Gold had it mixed in with their news. That's why I can't remember the date of the news article.

It wasn't in an interview on EP Gold but from an article of some sort. In other words, EP Gold had it mixed in with their news. That's why I can't remember the date of the news article.
    Okay I'll check their news archives maybe its there. Or I'll see if Joe will answer an e-mail from me even though I am not a member of his site. Someone told me you have to be a member to get a reply from him.