Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: C.C.Rider - San Antonio, April 18, 1972 - unreleased

C.C.Rider - San Antonio, April 18, 1972 - unreleased

This is SO much better than the Hampton Roads version they used in On Tour!!

I'd love to see a DVD of this show.

Thanks to BurningLove77 on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK1-94Cvyu8

Thanks for sharing
    I love the solo here!
    Taking Care of Business
    Til we meet you again, may God bless you, Adios.

Thanks! Wonder when we?re gonna get and upgraded On Tour on DVD.

International Level thehillbillycat's Avatar
    I have seen this before. It is on the Star DVD Elvis On Tour - Through My Eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Raised on Rock View Post
    Thanks! Wonder when we?re gonna get and upgraded On Tour on DVD.

*starts whistling to self*

Quote Originally Posted by srj1967 View Post
    This is SO much better than the Hampton Roads version they used in On Tour!!

I'd love to see a DVD of this show.

Thanks to BurningLove77 on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK1-94Cvyu8
    You and me both. I always thought that the footage in this suit, Elvis looked his best in EOT compared to the light blue and very dark blue suits. I have seen snippets of this San Antonio show and hope the whole show exists. Great clip

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    You and me both. I always thought that the footage in this suit, Elvis looked his best in EOT compared to the light blue and very dark blue suits. I have seen snippets of this San Antonio show and hope the whole show exists. Great clip

The following shows was filmed completely:

Hampton Roads (April 9, 1972) AS and ES
    Richmond (April 10, 1972)
    Greensboro (April 14, 1972)
    San Antonio (April 18, 1972)

Parts of Buffalo, Macon, and Jacksonville was filmed as well.

I have read this list also. I just hope its true and eventually makes it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvislennon2004 View Post
    The following shows was filmed completely:

Hampton Roads (April 9, 1972) AS and ES
    Richmond (April 10, 1972)
    Greensboro (April 14, 1972)
    San Antonio (April 18, 1972)

Parts of Buffalo, Macon, and Jacksonville was filmed as well.
    Then for the EOT DVD release ... two discs. With the movie, a new version of it, and all four of these shows, but what was filmed at the other shows via the single camera for testing purposes.

Is that too much to ask EPE, MGM etc ... get your act together NOW!

Then for the EOT DVD release ... two discs. With the movie, a new version of it, and all four of these shows, but what was filmed at the other shows via the single camera for testing purposes.

Is that too much to ask EPE, MGM etc ... get your act together NOW!
    Actually Yes, because the fact that the alot of the Richmond concert has been lost. Either it has been misplace or it is in another part of the salt mine. I know this because of my friend who used to work in the mine until last year. The rest of the complete shows has not been found either. See, you need to know that it costs money to go through to find the footage and then it cost money to release it. Alot of the film cans has no name on it. Meaning it could be Elvis or one of thousands of other movies. Now that being said they have to see if they can get their money back and a profit. As I have said before, they are not looking at just Elvis fans. They are looking at the general public to see if they will get a profit or not. They know that Elvis fans are guaranteed to buy it but they are not 100% sure of the general public.

But also again, EPE has nothing to do with the movies at all. Only the companies who made them. Just because they are Elvis movies doesn't mean EPE owned them. They have even said that so the Elvis fans knows that. Do they want them release? They are always up for new releases but it is not their call.

Actually Yes, because the fact that the alot of the Richmond concert has been lost. Either it has been misplace or it is in another part of the salt mine. I know this because of my friend who used to work in the mine until last year. The rest of the complete shows has not been found either. See, you need to know that it costs money to go through to find the footage and then it cost money to release it. Alot of the film cans has no name on it. Meaning it could be Elvis or one of thousands of other movies. Now that being said they have to see if they can get their money back and a profit. As I have said before, they are not looking at just Elvis fans. They are looking at the general public to see if they will get a profit or not. They know that Elvis fans are guaranteed to buy it but they are not 100% sure of the general public.

But also again, EPE has nothing to do with the movies at all. Only the companies who made them. Just because they are Elvis movies doesn't mean EPE owned them. They have even said that so the Elvis fans knows that. Do they want them release? They are always up for new releases but it is not their call.
    Well EPE would still be involved in the 50 % profits deal Elvis had on many of his movies, but they would not be able to force anyone to release anything. To make money you have to spend it, but its much easier to take the quick profit by doing little more than repackaging old product doing very little to it then cut a deal with Walmart to sell it. By doing this many like myself will just keep the versions we already have. No reason to buy it.
    Until about 2 years ago they were claiming there was no other footage for EOT and TTWII. When the "Lost performances" video came out in 92 they said this was all the outtakes which had been kept. Jerry Schilling was an Associate Producer on it and I recall he said on some show that "This may be the last 3 camera pro shot film of Elvis we'll ever see" Well how many hours were somehow leaked out a couple years back between the 2 movies, something like 30. Some of the outtakes I've seen clips of are in pretty good shape, some are not-but fans have been working on them with their little home computer systems and have made great improvements in picture clarity and color. It does boil down to spending the money and time to actually retore them.
    The new TTWII 2 disc set was a disappointment because they obviously could have made an effort to show what they could do in restoring some of the clips which are the extras on the discs.- If they had done work on them and then promoted that fact "digitally restored- crisp and clear -with a great sound" Elvis fans like myself would go buy it. Everyone blames the TTWII Special Edition from a few years back for their hesitance in doing anything with all the film they have unreleased. The problem- IMO- started with airing the show on TCM before it went on sale. A lot of people recorded it right off the air and too many people that is good enough. So how many sales were lost from doing this? They were planning a few bonus's on the disc and it never happened. It was a poor way to launch it IMO. If the extras had made it to the disc-maybe even those who recorded it off the air would have bought it!
    I think they probably know where 95% of all this film is (well enough to have a huge boxset)-but its a nice excuse they can use to avoid messing with it. Perhaps by the 50th anniversary they will go to work on it-but I'll be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Well EPE would still be involved in the 50 % profits deal Elvis had on many of his movies, but they would not be able to force anyone to release anything. To make money you have to spend it, but its much easier to take the quick profit by doing little more than repackaging old product doing very little to it then cut a deal with Walmart to sell it. By doing this many like myself will just keep the versions we already have. No reason to buy it.
    Until about 2 years ago they were claiming there was no other footage for EOT and TTWII. When the "Lost performances" video came out in 92 they said this was all the outtakes which had been kept. Jerry Schilling was an Associate Producer on it and I recall he said on some show that "This may be the last 3 camera pro shot film of Elvis we'll ever see" Well how many hours were somehow leaked out a couple years back between the 2 movies, something like 30. Some of the outtakes I've seen clips of are in pretty good shape, some are not-but fans have been working on them with their little home computer systems and have made great improvements in picture clarity and color. It does boil down to spending the money and time to actually retore them.
    The new TTWII 2 disc set was a disappointment because they obviously could have made an effort to show what they could do in restoring some of the clips which are the extras on the discs.- If they had done work on them and then promoted that fact "digitally restored- crisp and clear -with a great sound" Elvis fans like myself would go buy it. Everyone blames the TTWII Special Edition from a few years back for their hesitance in doing anything with all the film they have unreleased. The problem- IMO- started with airing the show on TCM before it went on sale. A lot of people recorded it right off the air and too many people that is good enough. So how many sales were lost from doing this? They were planning a few bonus's on the disc and it never happened. It was a poor way to launch it IMO. If the extras had made it to the disc-maybe even those who recorded it off the air would have bought it!
    I think they probably know where 95% of all this film is (well enough to have a huge boxset)-but its a nice excuse they can use to avoid messing with it. Perhaps by the 50th anniversary they will go to work on it-but I'll be gone.

I would say they know about 65% of TTWII outtakes and only about 45% or so of Elvis On Tour. But remember the person who did the 2001 Special Editon said that alot of the film cans wasn't marked at all. So you need to think that is how Elvis On Tour is. It could be the same way. But most of the TTWII outtakes and the Known EOT have been quarantine because they have vinegar syndrome. Now, if they have copies of these now they won't be first generation. It will be a second generation.

I would say they know about 65% of TTWII outtakes and only about 45% or so of Elvis On Tour. But remember the person who did the 2001 Special Editon said that alot of the film cans wasn't marked at all. So you need to think that is how Elvis On Tour is. It could be the same way. But most of the TTWII outtakes and the Known EOT have been quarantine because they have vinegar syndrome. Now, if they have copies of these now they won't be first generation. It will be a second generation.
    All I know is there are hours and hours of clips all over the world. New ones seem to pop up weekly. Some are pretty bad looking and then later you see someone has actually worked on it and even cut different angles together to give it a crisper cleaner more professional look. I won't buy this kind of stuff but you see it everywhere. If fans can do it so can the studio which owns them.
    I have a sneaking suspicion that all the film was found back in 92. There is the famous picture of the producers of EOT standing in front of stacks & stacks of dated marked film cans. Those all seemed to be labeled and they were piled high. But like I said I would be willing to pay for restored footage from the studio if they put it out.

But also again, EPE has nothing to do with the movies at all.
    Yes, yes, you've said that a few times. I know that; I've always known that. There's no need to keep repeating this ...

But EPE does have something to do with the overall situation ... it's Elvis after all. EPE should be opening negotiations with MGM and any other associated parties to bring EOT and anything else to light. Now.

Instead, they've been pissing about all year with things like this abominable Elvis impersonator contest and other furphies. MGM aren't going to do anything without being prodded. EPE needs to get off its arse.

*Keeps lips tightly sealed*

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    *Keeps lips tightly sealed*
    Weren't you whistling a couple of posts back??

But EPE does have something to do with the overall situation ... it's Elvis after all. EPE should be opening negotiations with MGM and any other associated parties to bring EOT and anything else to light. Now.
    Yes, they are Elvis movies. Yes, EPE/CPX has Elvis' name and likeness but they have no kind of control on the 33 films at all. MGM doesn't have to have EPE/CPX permission to used the films jsut because Elvis is in it, MGM owned those few and the other companies owns theirs. Since Elvis signed the movie contract, his name and likeness in the movies themselves are owned by the movie companies.
    The way you are talking about it will cost EPE/CPX money to have permission then it would cost MGM more money to release it so it other words, no release at all. There would be no profit at all that way. EPE has always said they love new releases but it is not up to them at all, no questions ask.

EPE/CPX has to ask permission to use the footage that was used for Elvis The Concert that comes from EOT and TTWII which costs them money to use it. EPE/CPX took the chance the first time and saw it do well. So they decided to do a world tour. They ask permission again for each world tour which each tour became successful which means profit.

I would like to see them release it as well. What Elvis fan wouldn't. But the general public doesn't want to see it. Until that happens they won't consider a release of the footage.

It is not from San Antonio!

Quote Originally Posted by thefunkyangel View Post
    It is not from San Antonio!

Funky,

If it's not from San Antonio then where is the footage from? Elvis has the same hairstyle in this footage as he does in San Antonio, TX.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    Funky,

If it's not from San Antonio then where is the footage from? Elvis has the same hairstyle in this footage as he does in San Antonio, TX.
    More importantly, funkyangel, Elvis is wearing the Red Lion suit, and San Antonio is, I believe, the only show filmed on that tour where he wore it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

You can't just say it's not from San Antonio then not offer an alternative date!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast