Thread: help please is this a genuine elvis signature

Roustabouts

help please is this a genuine elvis signature

Hi everyone, any experts out there who beleive this to be a genuine elvis handwritten signature ??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails elvis77.JPG  

Well i believe it as more like this (The Y has more of a sharp edge on the long bit, if you understand me lol i hope i am not confusing you )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EP-Signature.jpg  

I'd suggest not ...

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burning_Love View Post
    Well i believe it as more like this (The Y has more of a sharp edge on the long bit, if you understand me lol i hope i am not confusing you )
    That is actually not always the case. In fact, it probably does not apply in most cases, I'd say.

Having said that, I am not enough of an expert to pass judgment on the autograph in question. Some of the characteristics seem consistent with Elvis' but others you might expect to see are not present. However, his signature changed somewhat over the years and don't we all either consciously or otherwise change it up a bit? I know there are certain elements that apparently would be evident regardless, but saying with certainty would have to be pretty tough.

I have also seen some fakes which seemed more convincing than this...but this one still could be real.

How about this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ep sig.JPG  
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

The Elvis looks his writing, the presley dosn't , I'm keep my mind opening on this one
    Tom

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    I agree -- the first name looks pretty good except the E could have been done a bit more like him, with the top part more noticeably smaller than the bottom. And on the last name I did get a bit carried away.

No, I'm not selling BS on ebay. I just did that earlier after reading this topic (on cardboard on the back of a steno pad so it would like like old paper).

Not trying to fool anybody but rather make a point: be careful out there, folks!
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

International Level Menwithbrokenhearts's Avatar
    Elvis has to be one of the hardest signatures to verify. I have seen several authentic ones PSA/DNA certified from the same year that were different. I think circumstances, time issues, medications, health etcc made him sign different. Try it. Write your signature fast several times every other day for a week or so and don't look at the others. You'll be suprised at how different sometimes they can be. Sometimes I'll sign a credit card statement and go " whoa , I wrote that way too fast and it doesn't look like my signature at all. I'm gonna get busted" But i never do, which is another story all together.
    Got my family, my kids, my books and my music, I'm good, yeah, I'm good.....

Backstage Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by thefrankfortspecial View Post
    Hi everyone, any experts out there who beleive this to be a genuine elvis handwritten signature ??

Check out the Memorabilia Gallery on number six. There is the menu that Elvis signed for me. That is the real signature, I was watching him signing it!!

Rita

Just a sidenote, a few years ago, My youngest son got burned waiting for his favorite baseball player to sign his game program. The man quickly exited without even waving at all the young fans! At least Elvis made it a point to always sign autographs for any & all fans. Bravo to Elvis - a magnificent, kind & understanding performer. Truly one of a kind.

Mad Tigers
    I actually have an autograph (not Elvis) that I had personally signed - ie in front of me - by a well-known pop singer in the 80's. He was so rushed that it was little more than a messy scribble. Now I know it is authentic, becaue I watched him sign it. But were I to sell it, I am sure that there is no way it could be 'authenticated' simply because it looks so very different to the way this guy generally signed his name.

I think 'authentication' is a very hit and miss thing, even at the best of times. Really, all it can be is an educated guess, and no guess, no matter how thorough can ever be 100%.

International Level Menwithbrokenhearts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retroprincess View Post
    I actually have an autograph (not Elvis) that I had personally signed - ie in front of me - by a well-known pop singer in the 80's. He was so rushed that it was little more than a messy scribble. Now I know it is authentic, becaue I watched him sign it. But were I to sell it, I am sure that there is no way it could be 'authenticated' simply because it looks so very different to the way this guy generally signed his name.

I think 'authentication' is a very hit and miss thing, even at the best of times. Really, all it can be is an educated guess, and no guess, no matter how thorough can ever be 100%.
    I agree. Usually if it's inscribed, which Elvis usually did, and if it's got some history behind it, and it matches pretty close to signatures from that time period, it's probably ok. I have a book signed by Elvis and it has a long inscription and some history and look genuine. I believe it is.
    Got my family, my kids, my books and my music, I'm good, yeah, I'm good.....

Backstage Pass
    Almost everytime he signed something (if he had time). The s of Elvis and the P of Presley are hooked together. I hav many authentic autographs.. they all do.. In the beginning of his career.. he didn't always did that.. So maybe if it's from the 50's.. you have a change that is a authentic autograph.. But I have my doubt about it

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Ocean View Post
    I hav many authentic autographs...
    Hope you give me one someday. It would be for a big fan.
    Let the stars fade and fall, and I won't care at all, as long as I have you.
    Elvis...

http://myantiquemusicbox.wordpress.com/
    http://wendy56.wordpress.com/

"You've got it all together like a lovin' machine
    You're lookin' like glory and walkin' like a dream...
    Mother nature's sure been good to Y-O-U"

Wendy

Backstage Pass
    Haha well maybe someday. Haha. I have a copy of a book called 'The Guns of Navarone' from Allistar Maclean.. Elvis wrote something in it for Larry and his signature.. That is one of the most precious Autographs I have.. P.S. In the book some lines are marked.. And notes are made.. very interesting to read..