Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Live from Graceland

I enjoyed watching the program.I was thinking about only Elvis ,this whole thing is about him.

it's a shame this woman cannot age gracefully. her plastic face rivals her former son-in-laws M. Jackson

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsy View Post
    I really wanted Larry to grill her about not being his wife. I respect the womans business savvy, but I cant STAND the way she still carries on as if she was his widow , instead of his ex.Did you hear her say "it was as if we werent divorced".....uuuugh Shes made several statements through the years ,judgeing Elvis' moral charachter....yet shes lived with several men, oh the hypocracy.....I understand the reason why shes never relinquished her imaginary throne....but its sad that new generations ,dont know the real deal.The clips they incorporated in the show were amazing.....I cried. The Man still moves me to tears after 30 years. The "James Bond " phone was awesome! 1966.....LOVED IT! Our man was the original bling-blinger. I was hoping theyd step into one of those small rooms downstairs..between the pool room and the bright yellow "den" in the basement...oh the thrill to see "facilities" lol Oh yes the RED phone in the kitchen, what a hoot....that was his Batline to the gate.....loved it.
    ITA. I see you're new here. I just referred to this thread
    http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?t=8227
    in another thread on this board.
    It's a pity that everybody goes along with it. The essence of Elvis
    is up for dollars even more so than when he was still alive. I guess
    the rotten Colonel was quite right when he said Elvis was being
    packaged and sold as a product more after his death by the family
    than before by him.

Loving elvis
    Lets all remember the king and not what people are doing.

Roustabouts
    Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    I think it was great (I like Priscilla and really don't know what you guys have against her?!) And the CNN helicopter shots were amazing......such a beautiful view. Wish I could be there too.

love ya Elvis

Holly
    i second that

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    Well that is true! There are so many gossips about Elvis, but do we really should care? He is our man and we know that he is the best!
    I hope I would see it on the internet later, 'cause I don't have this channel... still there are many news connected with the anniversary, where Cilla is called widow or wife! It makes me just so awfully angry! But I'm trying to calm myself down,'cause sometimes it seems almost not possible to bare with all this stuff
    It is always worth while asking a question, though it is not always worth while answering one
    Oscar Wilde

I thought the interview was one of the best Priscilla has ever given. She promoted ELVIS more than herself for a change. When asked if she loved ELVIS still she seemed a bit caught off guard and the reply came out a bit awkward. As much as Priscilla wanted to be a Hollywood lady, she still comes off uncomfortable in front of cameras. The bottom line is ..I did enjoy the program..especially the clips of ELVIS.
    Last edited by SweetCaroline; 08-16-2007 at 01:01 PM. Reason: typo

I will never forget you Rosanne.
    R.I.P. 4-27-59~7-22-09

You Right remember Elvis not anothers are doing, this get me mad, people have to see that with out her, Graceland might be gone today, after Elvis die the up keep of graceland was 1/2 million a year.
    that's she opening it for to save it and let us fans to see it. so what she done bad things in past, all we did once. I'm stop here and this might my last post for few weeks or month.
    TOM

I don't know why so much hostility towards Priscilla but I thought she gave a very touching and graceful interview last night. Maybe ehr best ever. And the woman looked absolutley stunning and gorgeous and youthful. The best I have sen her look in years. She looked more like she could have been in her mid 40's and not her early 60's.

Last night on Larry King, I could see Priscilla at times drifting back in time as she described the importance of each room. It for once looked like a real home. Especially in his mother's room and closet. The way she walked around there wasn't like she was just doing a show all interview. You could see she loved being there again. The way she described the kitchen and said how they would sit on have coffee in the morning. I guess EP wasn't a night owl after all. LOL The moment that touched me the most was when she was holding his wallet and it still had a picture of Lisa in it. She gazed at it with a smile and you could tell she was missing him that moment. Larry King saw that and said :you still love him." She was puzzled by his comment and said of course she does and never stopped. they just grew apart.

Overall Priscilla and Lisa both earned their respect this week. They could have as always shied away from the EP fans and frenzy of Elvis Week. But instead they joined the party and showed some great love. I hope the fans reward them tonight with a standing ovation at the concert. They do deserve that.

Quote Originally Posted by Burning_Love View Post
    does anybody know where i can watch this on the internet ? As i am from England, i don't have this channel and would like to see it

I have searched the net and upto now there is nothing but I am sure it will appear like you Burning_Love I am from the UK and really want to see it.....I did find the transcript from the interview so I hope that will be ok for now I suppose

http://www.elvispresleynews.com/Pris...LarryKing.html

Susan x
    Yesterday was the past and tomorrow is the future but today is the present ..thats why we call it the gift"

"Never listen to a liar it takes too long to find out the truth and my time is too precious"

"Without you I am only half of me"

Quote Originally Posted by EP75 View Post
    I don't know why so much hostility towards Priscilla but I thought she gave a very touching and graceful interview last night. Maybe ehr best ever. And the woman looked absolutley stunning and gorgeous and youthful. The best I have sen her look in years. She looked more like she could have been in her mid 40's and not her early 60's.

Last night on Larry King, I could see Priscilla at times drifting back in time as she described the importance of each room. It for once looked like a real home. Especially in his mother's room and closet. The way she walked around there wasn't like she was just doing a show all interview. You could see she loved being there again. The way she described the kitchen and said how they would sit on have coffee in the morning. I guess EP wasn't a night owl after all. LOL The moment that touched me the most was when she was holding his wallet and it still had a picture of Lisa in it. She gazed at it with a smile and you could tell she was missing him that moment. Larry King saw that and said :you still love him." She was puzzled by his comment and said of course she does and never stopped. they just grew apart.

Overall Priscilla and Lisa both earned their respect this week. They could have as always shied away from the EP fans and frenzy of Elvis Week. But instead they joined the party and showed some great love. I hope the fans reward them tonight with a standing ovation at the concert. They do deserve that.
    Beautiful reply........

Holly

I know I am one of them.I was just wondering if anyone felt the same as me.
    "Man,I just work here"
    EP 1968 ComaBack

Elvis would eat breakfast in the afternoon - when he finally woke up - I am reading Jerry Schilling's Book, "Me and a guy named Elvis" and he was explaining that.....when he was doing movies he had to be on a normal schedule - sleep at night - up early for casting calls. But when he was performing or at Graceland - he was up at night and slept all day...according to Elvis' schedule....Jerry says that it was Elvis' time and it seemed as if the rest of the world didn't exist....because while the world was awake during the day, they were sleeping, and vice versa.....pretty good book....you guys should read it.

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    Elvis would eat breakfast in the afternoon - when he finally woke up - I am reading Jerry Schilling's Book, "Me and a guy named Elvis" and he was explaining that.....when he was doing movies he had to be on a normal schedule - sleep at night - up early for casting calls. But when he was performing or at Graceland - he was up at night and slept all day...according to Elvis' schedule....Jerry says that it was Elvis' time and it seemed as if the rest of the world didn't exist....because while the world was awake during the day, they were sleeping, and vice versa.....pretty good book....you guys should read it.

Exactly. It's the rewriting of history, like he lived the white picket fence
    life with her. One of the reasons they divorced was because at that time,
    she complained how a) he was almost never there and b) he had
    a totally different day and night rhythm that she could not keep up
    with nor did she find it healthy for a small child to grow up in.
    Now she uses the word "always" remarkably often, whenever she
    describes things they supposedly did together.....

Quote Originally Posted by Burning_Love View Post
    does anybody know where i can watch this on the internet ? As i am from England, i don't have this channel and would like to see it
    http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bes...vis.medium.cnn

You can also find previous interviews if you're interested. I enjoyed this one very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    Exactly. It's the rewriting of history, like he lived the white picket fence
    life with her. One of the reasons they divorced was because at that time,
    she complained how a) he was almost never there and b) he had
    a totally different day and night rhythm that she could not keep up
    with nor did she find it healthy for a small child to grow up in.
    Now she uses the word "always" remarkably often, whenever she
    describes things they supposedly did together.....
    I do believe that she does love and miss him as much as we do. I also think she has every right to be a part of his world and the legacy since she was his only wife. None of us know for sure what went on in their marriage. Only her and him knew. Not even the bodyguards knew, even though they like for everyone to believe that they did. I also believe had he had lived that they probably would have reconciled eventually. He was too hung up on her to ever give her up. They actually discussed the thought of giving it another shot before he passed.

I too have criticized her in the past. But as of late and since her wonderful tv special Elvis By The Presleys I have grown to respect and understand her better. She is however keeping the flame burning.

It's like the song says, you never stood in those shoes or saw things through others eyes. So it's hard to comprehend what that life must have been like for her and what it remains to be like 30 years later. And keep in mind certain ones have painted her as the villain. And we all know who those certain ones are too.

Agree!

And i agree with EP75,i think about Priscilla the same.We never lived her life.It must be hard to live with someone like Elvis Presley.And very easy to criticize.
    Last edited by tcbeus; 08-16-2007 at 02:10 PM.

I think this was the first time an interview was conducted at Graceland with Priscilla ....would have been even better if Lisa were there too

It was amazing to see how big the corwds were.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast