Thread: Elvis Myths And Legends.

Loving elvis

Elvis Myths And Legends.

Elvis Myths And Legends.

ELVIS WAS AN ALIEN: SOME fans attribute Elvis's uniqueness to the theory that he was not of this Earth - Elvis, surprisingly, was one of them. He believed that he may have arrived here from a blue star planet in the Orion constellation, mainly because of his father, Vernon, who said that on the night Elvis was born a dazzling blue light appeared in the sky above the Presleys' home. Some fans claim that Elvis had contact with "cosmic beings of light" as a child, and even believe that he didn't die in 1977, he just went back to his own planet. EP phone home?

ELVIS WAS GAY: A RECENT biography, Elvis: The Hollywood Years, by celebrity writer David Bret, suggests that, despite his legions of girlfriends, Elvis was homosexual. Bret claims that his manager, Colonel Tom Parker, used his knowledge of the King's affair with actor Nick Adams to blackmail Elvis and keep him under his control. Several relatives and biographers of Presley have also made this claim, though most who knew him dismiss it, especially the women.

WAS IT REALLY ELVIS IN THAT COFFIN?: IN 1977, National Enquirer magazine smuggled a mini-camera into the public viewing of his corpse at Graceland. The resulting published picture caused shock-waves among fans, because the figure in the coffin looked nothing like him. Rumour had it that a wax figure of Elvis was purchased by a Presley family member days after his death, and that this dummy had been used to cover up the fact that Elvis was still alive.

However, when the autopsy had been carried out, Elvis's internal organs, including his brain, were removed and not replaced, so it's unsurprising his form did not resemble its original state when stitched up again. His famous sideburns had to be glued back on to his face before the body was returned to his family for the funeral and viewing.

The coffin in which Elvis was buried weighed an astonishing 900 pounds, leading the wax-dummy conspiracy theorists to speculate that there was also an air-conditioning unit inside it to keep the effigy from melting. In fact it was so abnormally heavy not because of that, nor as a result of the rock'n'roll star's obesity or heavy gold jewellery, but because - like his mother Gladys's before him -Elvis's coffin was lined with copper.

Very amusing.

Elvis was weird but not an alien neither gay (sorry aliens and gays, its just that that wasn?t Elvis case), and sad but definetively he is not biologicaly alive.

About the coffin photo, well its pretty bad already even if a death body its no longer the person, that someone take your insides out and then fill you up with whatever in hand to make you look more or less decent and then an ***** goes, took a pic of the body and say: hey its not Elvis! its a fake! I found it retarded plus very bad taste.

But one thing I do like, and its that Elvis didn?t died, he just when home. Its a nice way to put it, we don?t know what its after really so, we just go home.

Thank you for posting this interesting articles Jen. They have been around for years and I've always been amazed at the number of adults who buy these papers and believe what they read in them.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Raised on Rock View Post
    But one thing I do like, and its that Elvis didn?t died, he just when home. Its a nice way to put it, we don?t know what its after really so, we just go home.
    Well said! I believe Elvis did go home...just as he believed he would too. Gay? Please...! Why not ask all of the women he was with during his life.... An alien... I think the only thing "alien" about Elvis was the fact that he had to live so differently than anyone else due to his huge stardom! Either way, some people just want to make a buck off him at whatever cost...

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

At least with the weekly world news Alien type of stuff they don't even pretend to be serious. Its just a parody that nobody in their right mind could or did believe.

Quote Originally Posted by JDD View Post
    At least with the weekly world news Alien type of stuff they don't even pretend to be serious. Its just a parody that nobody in their right mind could or did believe.
    I heard on he news that the "Weekly World News" was ceasing publication. What a blow that will be to journalism as a whole.

Diane

I also think that there are actually some people out there who do beleive this sort of nonsence. and thats why they keep pumping this crap out.
    elvislady

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I heard on he news that the "Weekly World News" was ceasing publication. What a blow that will be to journalism as a whole.
    Sadly it will be because even though it was a Parody/fictional Tabloid it was probably the most honest printed news there is these days, but then I don't think much of what poses as the press these days.

Quote Originally Posted by JDD View Post
    Sadly it will be because even though it was a Parody/fictional Tabloid it was probably the most honest printed news there is these days, but then I don't think much of what poses as the press these days.
    Thats true with the WWN you knew when you saw the headlines it had no real basis in reality. The cover pictures were almost cartoons in some cases.
    It was good for a chuckle in the grocery line. I'll give it that.