Thread: aloha suit

aloha suit

I found this picture of the aloha suit, should be at the hilton... my question about this; What suit stays in Graceland??? or are there 2 aloha suits ???
    I think the second picture is taken at graceland.

here the pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ALOHA suit 1973.jpg   ALOHA2 suit 1973.jpg  

not sure - maybe i should leave this thread for the experts...

i only thought that there was one suit?

that is at Graceland along with the cape that Elvis threw out into the crowd - a big hearted fan donated the cape back to Graceland - how kool is that?

so the cape and the jump suit are alond side each other at Graceland.

I think that there was new one made because Elvis wore one in 1974. So he hade to make a little larger verson of the suit to fit him.
    I did it my way.

As far as I know there's only one "Aloha" suit. A second belt was made and they made a new cape, too (because Elvis had thrown them in the crowd). Elvis could wear the suits even if he put on a kilo or another, because they where one piece suits (with stretch material) and so he could squeeze into them. But maybe they made a second suit. All things are possible...

There were two versions made. The one he wore in Aloha is on display in Las Vegas. The second version he used during the tours in 1973 and 1974 is on display at Graceland. There were not just two belts made but three. When Elvis arrived at Hawaii he gave the first belt to actor Jack Lord. The second belt was trown into the audience during the show on the 14th. A third belt had to be made to use on tour.

Thank you Leroy for the great information about this jumpsuit!

Happy Holidays,

Tommy

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy
    There were two versions made. The one he wore in Aloha is on display in Las Vegas. The second version he used during the tours in 1973 and 1974 is on display at Graceland. There were not just two belts made but three. When Elvis arrived at Hawaii he gave the first belt to actor Jack Lord. The second belt was trown into the audience during the show on the 14th. A third belt had to be made to use on tour.

I thought I read somewhere that Elvis had two suits with him in Hawaii.....one for the rehearsal show and one for the main show? I actually do notice that the suit in the rehearsal show looks much mure "loose" on him than the one in the main show...anybody else notice this???

Also, since the suit displayed at Graceland isn't the actual Aloha suit...why do they pass it off as such??
    Last edited by Tony Trout; 08-31-2006 at 10:47 AM.

Backstage Pass
    IF the real Aloha suit is hanging in Las Vegas..I think that is a big shame! Look how the suit is hanging..it must be on a doll like in Graceland! What a shame! It just makes me mad

Roustabouts

Re: aloha suit

there was 2 suits the original one you can tell by the flairs on the legs the one you see @ graceland you will see that had the red flairs thats the one he wore in 73 in the aloha concert the 2nd one was made like the first the difference is there is 1 extraw star obove the belt line the extra star is the aloha suit the one that doesnt is the one that was made for the 74 show and it had blue flairs other than that the suit is a mirror image

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post

What a cockeyed way of doing it!!!!
    Why have the Aloha suit in Vegas, and a normal touring suit at Graceland.............daft idea!!
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Cadillac King

Where in Las Vegas is this suit on display - it is certainly not in the Hilton.....having just got back from Vegas recently, am surprised I did not see this suit anywhere.....

The Vegas Hilton jumpsuit comeback at Graceland in 2008

The Aloha suit, worn in the original broadcast in now back in Graceland. It was at the Las Vegas Hilton for years. There was quite a debate going on weather Vernon Presley just loaned the suit to the Hilton or gave it to them. Butch Polston of B&K Enterprises played a huge role in getting that suit back to Graceland. There were two suit made and three short capes made (and the large one not used.

Andy Dumas B&K Enterprises Canada

Cadillac King

Thank you Andy - good to know it is back where it belongs