Thread: The Imperials in Tupelo - Aug 2007

The Imperials in Tupelo - Aug 2007

Tonight we had the banquet for all the fans who went with Arena Travel to Tupelo/Memphis. They had a surprise for us that we didn't expect. The Imperials sang on stage for us. I really enjoyed their performance and afterwards they had an autograph session, and you could buy CD's and photos.

I was really excited to think I could meet them in person, but after I bought their CD and photo, which cost me $20. I then asked them if I could have a photo taken with them, and this is when I saw their true colours. You could tell that they didn't want to be bothered, I practically had to beg them for a photo, they really didn't want to do it, all they seemed to be interested in was getting my money off me. Because they wouldn't be paid for the photo that I wanted, they acted like they were really someone and I just said to myself - If Elvis was looking down at them he would be disgusted because he wasn't like that.

It has changed my opinion of them, I don't even want to look at them anymore. It was alright when you were paying them, but they didn't want to know when you wanted your own photo taken with them. This is just my experience with them and it's something I'll not forget in a hurry
    ELVIS THE KING - TODAY TOMORROW & FOREVER

They just performed with the Stamps not far from here in North Carolina.You were not allowed to take photo's.They of course were selling photo's which was the reason.That's somwehat of a lousy way to operate if you ask me.I can understand you being letdown by that attitude.
    Jak

Coming On Strong
    What a pity they have to react to fans this way.

That was really sad to hear. I guess if it had been me.. I would of asked for my money back and given them their CD back . Without the Elvis fans ... they are nothing. They are just after the money like everybody else. $$$$$$$ Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

I'm glad you all agree.

I didn't like paying to get one of their photos autographed, but didn't expect to be snubbed when I asked for a group photo with them. You had to be there to see the attitude they had. I felt like saying something to them about how Elvis wouldn't have been proud of them but I knew if I did security would have thrown me out.
    Who do they think they are?
    Like you said Dovey - Without the Elvis Fans they are nothing.

I'm so sorry things turned out that way for you with the Imperials. That was so rude and I'm terribly disappointed in them. I didn't expect them to be in it just for the $$$$$$$ but I'm beginning to think that it would be a rare person who isn't anymore.

Diane

I hope it is alright to bump this thread. I wanted to let others who have been on the same trip, just to ask if they had any similar experience