Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Wheres Ginger Alden??

Didnt Billy Smith confirm that Elvis was going to propose?My memory could be wrong on that one.I just cant recall.He was closest to Elvis at the end.
    Jak

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzan View Post
    I read that about having to call Vernon before she visited Graceland in the books:

Elvis My Brother and one other book I will hunt thru all of my books to find the exact location if you'd like. This was said by quite a few people.
    In Elvis Portrait of a Friend it is said that she was checking her makeup throughout the funeral services, not a tear shed.
    She called down to the kitchen and got Nancy Rooks the maid on the phone and wanted to know who was there to so they could come up that she thought something was wrong w/Elvis.
    And GREAT point, would she not have turned him over, or @ least pulled his pajama's up?

I'm happy to hear that your puppy is good. Your right ea. reacts differently, my blue chow got hit on our canyone road by a semi, and the driver didn't even stop, and my first reaction was to run to him, he'd pulled himself to the side of the road, anyway, I ran to him crying and screaming and he layed himself across my lap, and I thought that if he had to die, if he was going to be taken from me, I wanted it to be in my arms, not alone, since he'd given me so much unconditional love...it was the least I could do for him. This is condensed version as it still makes me cry, 5 yrs. later, so, also another point, if I cry for my beautiful dog 5 yrs later how is it that she didn't and doesn't show ANY emotion when she speaks of a man she was supposedly engaged to?
    And by quite a few sources, the reason the guys never mention her is that they all have said and denied that Elvis had asked her to marry him.
    And your right as well, maybe they know something we don't?
    I've lost three dogs Suzan, been through a lot, one recently; hence the puppy, and yes I was there, it just gets tough. Thank you.

In my experience, some people are also known, especially in public, to put on a brave face. Reading Ginger's body language in an interview posted in the last few months, watching her eyes, she was doing so, in my opinion.

"The guys" They are still empire builders, don't you agree?!

You read anything on AEK, one in particular still has people on one side of the fence, other people on the other. Why would a man in his 70's still be carrying on like he does, unless trying to justify his/their actions? I just looked up "Portrait of a Friend" on the net, I didn't know Marty Lacker wrote a previous book. With regard to what you say what he said about Ginger: Hmmm I don't know if anyone would trust what he says, due to his spiteful nature, also he didn't attend the funeral. So another "he says, she says" comment from that infamous man!

Please take care,
    Kimmi

P.S. I'm not going to discuss this one any further, it happened a long time ago, and as someone said, some have been through enough. Although Suzan, it is nice to have a calm conversation, isn't?

Hugs
    Me!
    Last edited by Merry; 08-20-2007 at 03:21 AM.

OMG yes I so agree w/the empire building, shoot, ALL of them, sold him out and I do mean ALL of them...OH lordy dont' start me on that arse! Him and Fike, I despise him the most...he's a sick fat f..k lol

Yes it is very very nice to have a calm discussion and I thoroughly enjoy reading other's point of view because really some (u amongst them) have made me think and see a different angle.

I have lost 3 too, how wierd, but my chow, we had a special crazy bond, everyone who witnessed it said they'd never ever seen that type of relationship between owner and dog. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sweet words...and unfortunately your right, it does get harder...sometimes I miss him more today then I did when it first happened. For 2 wks I couldnt' sleep because I was so used to having him right there.

Anyway getting emotional again, I am A HUGE animal person! My mom says I've always been a magnet for senior citizens, animals and kids. lol

LOL do I know u from someplace else? I always always sign off my emails to friends w/Hugs me lol
    Last edited by Suzan; 08-20-2007 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Had last minute ? :D

...she was nothing to him, if he TRULY wanted to marry her he would have done so long before his alleged proposal.

Long before?? That's an odd point of view. He had only been dating her since 19th November '76 and he proposed on 26th January 1977. How could he have married her "long before" he proposed? Geez, should they have gone down the aisle on the first date? Anyway, the fact that they weren't married within only 9 months of dating tells us very little about what Elvis did or didn't feel. He wouldn't have married anyone that quickly. I suppose he didn't love Linda either? I mean he was with her four years and didn't even propose. By all means dislike Ginger if it makes you happy, but at least apply the same logic to her as to the other women he was involved with.

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    Didnt Billy Smith confirm that Elvis was going to propose?My memory could be wrong on that one.I just cant recall.He was closest to Elvis at the end.
    Jak
    See above. No real doubt over the proposal. There is rumour that he had changed his mind by August though. If so, it's not really surprising. I'd say 2 months is pretty quick for anyone to be sure enough to propose, and I'm sure Elvis didn't relish the prospect of a second divorce.

Him and Fike, I despise him the most...he's a sick fat f..k lol
    Charming language. Just charming, especially from a woman.

And yet, I'm sure you'd be one of the first to jump up and down if someone said exactly the same thing about Elvis ...

I despise him the most...he's a sick fat f..k lol

This is what Im talking about when it comes to the attitude displayed by some fans.How could they possibly look at things rationally.I rest my case.
    Jak

Back to my original obsession....

Wow, thanks y'all for those resources. So, I have been doing a little research... an older interview with Charlie Hodge (from EIN), Charlie is asked about Ginger. PLEASE DON'T QUOTE ME-I just didn't feel like copying and pasting, so I'll summarize... Basically, Charlie said that he thought she was at the time, his fiance...but, he didn't think that Elvis planned on marrying her. Maybe that is why she doesn't have ay prominent coverage from the funeral accounts.

Interestingly enough, there is some backstage footage that I just saw, either found it on You Tube or from a link here-I'll try and find it and post it-but, Elvis is receiving some sort of plaque from a Native American little girl (WHO IS SO ADORABLE BY THE WAY). After the plaque is presented and they take pictures, Elvis is on his way out the door to take the stage, and Ginger is seen trailing behind his ENTIRE entourage. Since I don't know that much about Elvis history, not sure if it was typical that he did this, but from what I have seen from the footage and photos of his time with Linda, they were basically attached at the hip...Thoughts???

To conclude, (see quoted material below), maybe this is the reason that everyone tried to wipe her out of the memory of his last few months alive...

Granted, it is from the NE editor, Iain Calder (and I don't know who to believe, I Wasn't there at the time and 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 years later, stories start to take a life of there own), so take it for what it is worth, but, here goes, ummm, couldn't copy it, hso I guess I'll summarize:

Iain Calder basically said that amongst the other 'insiders' they bought out (which has obviously been reported since basically the day he died), Ginger was willing (and did) give them and exclusive interview. IMO, from the ElvisNews interview that I read (from 2002, with her sister), she claims that she was 'duped' into the interview-all I have to say is, 'honey, money talks, you listened'. I have an EXTREMELY hard time believing that she was SO distraught and vulnerable, she didn't know where to turn-how about to a reputable media outlet-oxy*****, I know-but-or maybe others...whatevs,was her motivation, maybe that is why she got the big DISS. If after that, Vernon made her call to get permission to 'weep by Elvis' grave' once it was moved to Graceland, then more power to him-she sounds a little bogus, IMO only. Ok, not making judgments... I guess I'll move on to a new topic, but if anyone finds out some info, keep me posted!!!

:king

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by srj1967 View Post
    Charming language. Just charming, especially from a woman.

Now you aren't into "equality" as you've said is how it should be between men and women!

Loving elvis
    charming isn't it jess lol

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    charming isn't it jess lol

LOL ......... grin ...... give me a gentleman anytime! (so many benefits, wink) lol

Wish Elvis was around!

Hugs,
    Kimmi

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Now you aren't into "equality" as you've said is how it should be between men and women!
    And, pray tell, when have I ever said I wasn't into equality???

You know what srj, your NOT a gentleman and my language is my own, I don't know what ur problem is w/me and I dont really care, but get off my back, I am ALLOWED to express my opinions just like everyone else, if you don't like them fine, move on. Learn some manners, I know Aussies are nice, go learn somethng from your fellow countrymen...your attitude leaves a lot to be desired and no honey I wouldn't be, don't you make assumptions about me you don't know me, so before you start accusing anyone of anything, make sure you don't exhibit the same attitude, for the finger that's pointing at me, you have three more pointing back at you.
    And sounds to me like your not a fan, so why are you here? If by reading much of your posts this is your attitude on Elvis, why are you here? Yes the man was human, yes the man had faults, so do we all...I'm just curious as to why ur on a forum about him, where it's SUPPOSED to be good and bringing all this negativity? And seems to me and quite a few other's that it's quite ok for you to express your opinions but God forbid someone else should do so and they don't coincide w/yours.
    And you seem to zero in on PART of my posts, take a moment in that busy life of yours to read the whole thing...
    Stay away from me, your not a gentleman, and I don't want anything to do w/the likes of you nor do I need you to give me lessons on how to talk...your opinion of me means nothing because your nobody to me. Muah hugs!
    Have a nice day MATE!
    Last edited by Suzan; 08-20-2007 at 06:44 PM. Reason: spelling

Ladies & Gentleman,

Please tone it down a bit. Please stick to the subject matter.

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

TCB Mafia
    You know what srj, your NOT a gentleman and my language is my own, I don't know what ur hard on is for me, but get off my back, I am ALLOWED to express my opinions just like everyone else, if you don't like them fine, move on. Learn some manners, I know Aussies are nice, go learn somethng from your fellow countrymen...your attitude leaves a lot to be desired and no honey I wouldn't be, don't you make assumptions about me you don't know me, so before you start accusing anyone of anything, make sure you don't exhibit the same attitude, for the finger that's pointing at me, you have three more pointing back at you.
    And sounds to me like your not a fan, so why are you here? If by reading much of your posts this is your attitude on Elvis, why are you here? Yes the man was human, yes the man had faults, so do we all...I'm just curious as to why ur on a forum about him, where it's SUPPOSED to be good and bringing all this negativity? And seems to me and quite a few other's that it's quite ok for you to express your opinions but God forbid someone else should do so and they don't coincide w/yours.
    And you seem to zero in on PART of my posts, take a moment in that busy life of yours to read the whole thing...
    Stay away from me, your not a gentleman, and I don't want anything to do w/the likes of you nor do I need you to give me lessons on how to talk...your opinion of me means nothing because your nobody to me. Muah hugs!
    Have a nice day MATE!

I don't want to fight, and refuse to; however, there is a time to say something.

I agree with you Suzan.

Hugs,
    Kimmi

Thanks Kimmi, I appreciate it that. I'm just tired of him riding my arse all the time when everyone else has the same opinion, used to be in grade schiool this meant the boy liked you . LOL ROF
    I just don't understand the attitude, and why he feels his word is the be all and end all but nobody else can have their say...and accusing everyone of not knowing, well he doesn't know either and if he does, please share, set us straight. ROF And I would love to know who died and left him in charge that he feels he can say anything about anyone's speech or anything else...I've got Aussie frieinds they are beautiful and caring people, this guy is not a good spokesperson, I'd rather be embarrassed to have him be a rep. of an entire nation.

That's my piece and I have right like everyone to express my opinion...if he doesn't like it he doesn't have to read or respond to it, by doing so just tells me he likes to cause trouble and that's for the wonderful forum moderators to take care of.

Again thank you, many hugs!
    me

I apologize for the language I used if it offended anyone. I didn't spell the whole word...I thought I'd censored it...so I will not do so again. Apparently nobody cusses in real life huh? Sorry I do and I type the way I would "speak" in a "heated" conversation, it doesn't mean I mad, or anything bad, that is just how I talk in a discussion if I am passionate about it.
    As for jak, you don't know me, and u sure don't know my feelings, and why I feel the way I do, not saying my feelings are right or wrong, nor am I saying any such thing of anyone else's, but they are what they are, my feelings. And like all here I am allowed to those...as are you. But to make a broad sweep of the brush like you just did, aren't you as well exhibiting the same pattern as I am being accused of?
    Do you not know how Elvis paid for Lamar Fike to have surgery and then stayed on the phone with medical team for 6 or so hours (will have to recheck Lamar's acct., yes LAMAR'S so this isn't from a 3rd party, he said/she said) to make sure he was ok, WHILE the surgery was going on...and then he goes on the attack and talks about very peronal things about Elvis, stuff really that shouldn't be said, I'm sure his family (Lamar's) would be just as upset if someone discussed him in such manner. I don't want to go into what all he said as I don't think Elvis daughter and his grandchildren need to see or hear it again...but def. something that he should have kept to himself and stuff for all we know is not true.
    I'm done.
    Thanks to all...and you know who you are, who were sane, fair and allowed ALL to voice an opinion w/o personal attack. I thank you for that and for making me feel welcome for that is what a true Presley fan/family base is all about, IN MY OPINION!
    Last edited by Suzan; 08-20-2007 at 06:42 PM. Reason: incorrect spelling.

TCB Mafia
    I apologize for the language I used if it offended anyone. I didn't spell the whole word...I thought I'd censored it...so I will not do so again. Apparently nobody cusses in real life huh? Sorry I do and I type the way I would "speak" in a "heated" conversation, it doesn't mean I mad, or anything bad, that is just how I talk in a discussion if I am passionate about it.
    As for jak, you don't know me, and u sure don't know my feelings, and why I feel the way I do, not saying my feelings are right or wrong, nor am I say any such thing of anyone else's, but they are what they are, my feelings. And like all here I am allowed to those...as are you. But to make a broad sweep of the brush like you just did, aren't you as well exhibiting the same pattern as I am being accused of?
    Do you not know how Elvis paid for Lamar Fike to have surgery and then stayed on the phone with medical team for 6 or so hours (will have to recheck Lamar's acct., yes LAMAR'S so this isn't from a 3rd party, he said/she said) to make sure he was ok, WHILE the surgery was going on...and then he goes on the attack and talks about very peronal things about Elvis, stuff really that shouldn't be said, I'm sure his family (Lamar's) would be just as upset if someone discussed him in such manner. I don't want to go into what all he said as I don't think Elvis daughter and his grandchildren need to see or hear it again...but def. something that he should have kept to himself and stuff for all we know is not true.
    I'm done.
    Thanks to all...and you know who you are, who were sane, fair and allowed ALL to voice an opinion w/o personal attack. I thank you for that and for making me feel welcome for that is what a true Presley fan/family base is all about, IN MY OPINION!

Hi Mods,

Another one leaving!

Kim

wow guys...I hate to see all the "hate" in here....you guys are all awesome people...please let's stay cool with each other.....we are all here for our love of Elvis...all of us....

TCB Mafia
    Don't go Suzan.

Please.

Hugs,
    Kimmi

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    This thread has been closed due to ill tempers and people getting personal on ALL sides! It never ceases to amaze me how threads can get Hi-Jacked.

This thread has been reported to the Moderators so that appropriate action can be taken. Please do not take this argument into another thread.

Matt

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567