Thread: Warner Bros'

Warner Bros'

Hiya,
    I have heard of all these new dvds Warner Bro's have brough out and found the website. I found it very useful, and i hope you all do too (if it hasn't already been posted)
    Well, enjoy

http://warnervideo.com/elvis/

Here in Holland they won't come out before august 8th, and they only release 6 titles...
    The new TTWII won't be released, and all released movies (before 2007) won't released either, only the 'new' on dvd movies will be released in the benelux....strange...very strange..
    But i'm looking forward to the this is elvis dvd, my fav. elvis docu ever..

I was looking forward TTWII 2 disc edition but I have read reviews that made me reconsider buying it. The original 70 film its mono so is the same old one I have on dvd and the outakes were alreay on "The lost performances" so i?ll pass on this one.

Backstage Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    I was looking forward TTWII 2 disc edition but I have read reviews that made me reconsider buying it. The original 70 film its mono so is the same old one I have on dvd and the outakes were alreay on "The lost performances" so i?ll pass on this one.
    The quality of the picture on the 1970 version of TTWII is very, very good and is far in front of the original DVD, it seems like it has been remastered. The original DVD was only R1 now the new version can be played on R1-4.

There are only a few out-takes from "The Lost Performances" that's on with the extras, but to see Elvis performing "Little Sister" from Show 5 is worth the price of the DVD. Even though the quality of the out-takes are not up to the standard we expect, it is a DVD well worth getting.

Rita

That's a good comment Rita,as long as the picture of the original TTWII is good, that's really what matters and the extra clips are just an added bonus.Please can you tell me what the booklet is like, are there any unseen pics?
    THANKS MY BOY

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis 1972 View Post
    The quality of the picture on the 1970 version of TTWII is very, very good and is far in front of the original DVD, it seems like it has been remastered. The original DVD was only R1 now the new version can be played on R1-4.

There are only a few out-takes from "The Lost Performances" that's on with the extras, but to see Elvis performing "Little Sister" from Show 5 is worth the price of the DVD. Even though the quality of the out-takes are not up to the standard we expect, it is a DVD well worth getting.

Rita
    Thanks for the info 1972 but I think I?ll see if I can watch it before buying it because I?m a little tired of buying the same stuff over and over again. I?m going to buy "This is Elvis" though...

Cool

Thank's alot for the info Rita!

The DVD's are out at Wal-Mart in the US. Has anyone bought them?

http://www.elvisnews.com/Presentatio...show&item=9553

Backstage Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by my boy View Post
    That's a good comment Rita,as long as the picture of the original TTWII is good, that's really what matters and the extra clips are just an added bonus.Please can you tell me what the booklet is like, are there any unseen pics?
    THANKS MY BOY
    The book is really nice, not the usual flimsy piece of paper booklet what is normally given with DVD's. The 24 pages of the book is more like card than paper, and the pictures are neatly presented, unfortunately there is nothing new and there is no additional information about the movie, just a few quotes what Elvis said that's all. But it's a nice souvenir to go with the DVD.

Rita

Thanks Rita,maybe Warner bros will pull out all the stops for a HD or BLU-RAY edition, that really would be something!
    THANKS